Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Wargaming Acquires Console Studio

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wargaming has announced the acquisition of Chicago-based console developer, Day 1 Studio. The purchase deal came in at $20M USD. According to Wargaming, the purchase of the studio marks the company's foray into multiplatform games development.

"The move into console game development is a huge step for Wargaming, as we begin to expand our presence into new platforms," said Victor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming. "We are looking forward to sharing the fruits of our labor soon."

"Wargaming is a clear leader in the free-to-play space and helps set the standard on which all other games in the genre strive for," said Denny Thorley, new Head of Wargaming's Chicago-based studio. "Our team is extremely excited to start the first console project for Wargaming."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Well at least the mad loot made off of World of Tanks is going somewhere, sure is not being put back into the game.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    We must not be playing the same World of Tanks lol

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• pompey606pompey606 Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    Well at least the mad loot made off of World of Tanks is going somewhere, sure is not being put back into the game.

You mean them adding in an entire new physics engine, constantly new tanks, a Warplane AND a Naval game is not enough for you? I do not like WoT anymore but what you said is pretty stupid.

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    :0 they sure do have a lot of cash i wonder whos backing all their projects

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    The Russian mafia? Idk ...what are you implying lol. They got a decent game that brings in a ton of money

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by pompey606
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

You mean them adding in an entire new physics engine, constantly new tanks, a Warplane AND a Naval game is not enough for you? I do not like WoT anymore but what you said is pretty stupid.

Still no multicore support, last tank line was "cheap" reskin of Russian line already in game, develop new maps only to remove them because one side is biased as far as win rate goes, develop "new" game modes that players opt out of because the new modes are bad, latest NA Clan Wars landing was half baked, horribly planned and removed.

And oh yeah I mentioned putting money back into World of Tanks and you mention World of Airplanes (Warthunder a much better developed product IMO) and World of Battleships which is why IMO the money isn't put back into the game. 

Name another "upstart" game developer with as many projects (resources being used) going on as WG.net., I do not subscribe to quantity over quality which ironically was coined by the Russians during WW2.