Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Highly Considering Coming Back, But What Has Changed?

FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

I bought TSW the day it came out & played until I got to Egypt. I must have played for around 2 months since it's release, but dropped it after that so that I could focus on Guild Wars 2 which had just been released.

Anyway... Here I am several months later and I'm completely done with GW2, nothing really keeping me there, so I'm very much considering playing TSW again from where I left off, especially since it has now gone B2P. The fact that GW2 was B2P was something that kept me interested, although seeing as endgame is seemingly non existent in GW2 I figured I may aswell come back to TSW where there is "some" form of progression involved.

I have some questions though:

- What has changed (majorly) since I last played around August/Sept 2012?

- One big reason I left GW2 is the fact that wealth really didn't mean anything ingame. You could be one of the richest people in the game and not really be able to show it in any way shape or form. The only thing you could really do with wealth is to buy a Legendary weapon, and that was pretty much it. Are there things purchasable for the super wealthy in TSW? I always like this, because it gives me something to strive for, even if I never actually get it. I guess I just love chasing the carrot on the stick.

- Is there a LFG tool in the game? When I left there was no LFG tool, and therefore finding dungeons was a bit of a chore.

- Is the game still decently populated or will I be waiting hours to find a group for something?

Thank you guys!

Comments

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145
    who not go and play now..you own the game so its compleetly free , its a buy to play tittle now so no need to consider playing since it wont cost you a thing
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

Here's a summary of all the Issues (updates) since launch:

http://unfair.co/tsw-guides/monthly-updates/

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

pretty much changing and added every 4-6 weeks

PvP new objectives and some balancing

you missed two ingame events

Albion Theater and new achievements, setpieces for the theater

barbershop added

surgeon added

Tattoo parlor coming up

5 issues out, issue 6 is coming up

group finder added but I don´t need it because of guild chat

game appears 99% bug free only needed a GM twice since launch, was stuck with two mission tiers

Overall a great unique MMO

check your achivement list often so you know which missions are there, you get item/clothing rewards for completing them

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !