Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can anyone reccomend a good indestructible mouse to use.

ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117

I'm currently using a Razer Death Adder for gaming.

I love the mouse and love the company Razer(My family has many Razer products with no problems) but I often find myself breaking the mouse and or keyboard often due to the fact that I have very brawny huge arms.

I'm a semi pro gamer trying to get some sponsers but its dificult when my mouse keeps breaking under the force of my 23 inch pythons.

I need something that has the precision of a Razer mouse but can withstand the brute force of my strong hands and arms.

I'm 6 foot 7 289 lbs of muscle, the current mice on the market look very small in my hands and usually can last no longer than a few weeks before they crumble with the force of a speeding semi truck with no brakes hitting a pigeon.

I have slowed down my lifting to lose some muscle and with the women chasing me all the time I have managed to get a little leaner.

I'm looking for a very strong indestructible mouse like myself. Thank You.

I have tried Razer , Logitec and the Steel Series (Fail) mouse for Warcraft.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

Comments

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122

I could recommend many, All depends on how your hand is constructed. Big, small, long fingers, short fingers, thick fingers.......................... etc. I used a Logitech MX1000 for 9 years. But now i use a Ace Edge 3200, wich i'm very happy with, Althou its a mouse for mid to small hand with thinner fingers. as the grip cant fit too thick ones.  A friend tried it but he got hands size as toilet seat. :)

But atm i would try the new Corsair keyboard + mouse.

• EkohOneEkohOne Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

I'm currently using a Razer Death Adder for gaming.

I love the mouse and love the company Razer(My family has many Razer products with no problems) but I often find myself breaking the mouse and or keyboard often due to the fact that I have very brawny huge arms.

I'm a semi pro gamer trying to get some sponsers but its dificult when my mouse keeps breaking under the force of my 23 inch pythons.

I need something that has the precision of a Razer mouse but can withstand the brute force of my strong hands and arms.

I'm 6 foot 7 289 lbs of muscle, the current mice on the market look very small in my hands and usually can last no longer than a few weeks before they crumble with the force of a speeding semi truck with no brakes hitting a pigeon.

I have slowed down my lifting to lose some muscle and with the women chasing me all the time I have managed to get a little leaner.

I'm looking for a very strong indestructible mouse like myself. Thank You.

I have tried Razer , Logitec and the Steel Series (Fail) mouse for Warcraft.

I lol'ed

Anyways I've gone through many mice and i've finally found love in the steelseries sensei. nothing like the pos wow mouse. The steel series sensei is a tank. Ambedextrious for one and is very durable. You're nearly 7 food and should probably be in the WWE but since you chose to be a pc gamer you're stuck with being above the average and having to use small mice (small to you at least)

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Logitech G5 has lasted more than 7 years for me and still going strong
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

All though I'm a small lady I use the razer naga myself. My son and husband use the naga hex. Between them both, they've dropped, had a dog chew on one, l submerged one in a bowl of cereal, dropped a monitor on, threw one against the wall, and have traveled with in their backpacks and pockets a lot....Those hexes ard still going good lol.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Don't look at the mouse look at the warranty and replacment. All mice are cheap pos things made in china...some companies however over charge enough to offer you a long warranty on them.

I think logitech offers a 5 or 10 year warranty on it's g9x with free shipping.

The more buttons it has the more places there are to fill up with hand goo and stop working.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    R.A.T. 3image
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I like the corsair claw style one. Lasted me years. I think they do a razor style one too though.
  • miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

The Mad Catz Cyborg series of mice are some of the sturdiest gaming mice I've owned and they also happen to be some of, if not, the most modular mice on the market.  Based on your OP this series of mice should fit the bill.

http://www.cyborggaming.com/#

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    I bought a Cyborg MMO7 or w/e for my friend and shes had so many issues with it x.x I felt so embarassed and havent asked about it for a long time. 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    Originally posted by Castillle
    I bought a Cyborg MMO7 or w/e for my friend and shes had so many issues with it x.x I felt so embarassed and havent asked about it for a long time. 

I'm a bit of a mouse junky and my personal experience with the RAT 7 was quite different from your friends.  All I can chalk that up to is like any mass produced product on the market, YMMV!

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

When you find one that never breaks, let me know. It takes me a bit longer than a few weeks, but it's often enough.

• pioneer08pioneer08 Member Posts: 76
    Razr Naga! Best mouse available
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405

In my experience the more fancy the mouse the more delicate it is.  I have a mouse that I payed 15 bucks for from walmart and it seem to be tougher than many of the named brand gaming mouse I have went through.

Seems to be a trade off though something your 3 year old can kick,step on, throw across the room then kick back tougness or less of that and more precision etc .

I have went through 2 razer nagas  yet this cheap lexma mouse is still ticking.  Considering your situation you may have some difficulty finding something that will resist your manhandling it .

I really like the razer products but they are not built very solid or for lasting power.  hell the left click switch on the mouse tend to wear down and make a notch on the middle so eventuall you click n nothing happens half the time.

You can good google ways to fix that but it's not a permanent solution though it does work.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166

STAY AWAY FROM STEEL SERIES PRODUCTS!

Also if u want logevity stay away from Razer mice...i have gone through 2 in the past 2 years and my friend has gone through more, and its always the same issue...left mouse button clicker fails...its a known issue with razer mice and is all over the net. Good mice but u might get 1-2 years max.

Now i have a basic 3 button logitec mouse and i have had it now for almost 3 years with no issues...crappy DPI but it does what it needs to. 

Personally i have had nothign but Good times with Logitec products and im currently going to be buying 2  logitec G300 mice, 8 buttons and high DPI and a noce low price of 29.99 on ebay new!

I suggest Logitec but everyone has there own brands and types. I actually like the thumb ball mice but there kinda expensive.

I'm picky about mice - I like them to be weighty, the buttons to have a solid feel to them, and the scroll wheels to have stiff resistance. Most mice feel like eggshells and I'm afraid I'll click through the case. I don't use a lot of buttons - left/right and scroll, but I like a high DPI (5000+, not hard to find anymore) for a nice track rate - without enough weight it makes it hard for me to do precision movements with the DPI adjusted up higher. I don't use macros or driver software or auto-DPI switching, and I usually just use the default MS mouse driver - because I've had a some incompatibilities and issues whenever I've ever tried to use any manufacturer's driver (maybe not often, but there is ~always~ something that pops up that is only solved by uninstalling the stupid mouse driver).

Usually, I will wear out the scroll wheel before anything else. Before laser mice were popular, the balls would get eaten alive and the little rollers they sat on worn out/smoothed to the point they wouldn't track well anymore.

I've had ~decent~ luck with Logitech - a G5 that lasted for almost 4 years was still my favorite mouse of all time, and several other random corded cheap laser Logitechs that would put in a year or two that I was certain would be nearly disposable.

I've only tried one SteelSeries (Xai). It didn't feel right to me - too thin/button clicks too insubstantial. I stopped using it after a month because I couldn't get used to the feel. That mouse still works, although it has some issues where it doesn't always get recognized when the computer boots up - I don't know if that's the mouse or not though.

Razer... I've had 3. 2 of them lasted less than 4 months. The latest (a Mamba, I use corded), has actually lasted a year now of heavy use - the rubber grips on the side are going out, and I hate how close together the side thumb buttons are (I had to disable them because I kept hitting them on accident) but the mechanics all still work ok - it's been the closest thing I've found to the feel of the older G5. When it goes, I don't know what I'll try next.

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

I'm picky about mice - I like them to be weighty, the buttons to have a solid feel to them, and the scroll wheels to have stiff resistance. Most mice feel like eggshells and I'm afraid I'll click through the case. I don't use a lot of buttons - left/right and scroll, but I like a high DPI (5000+, not hard to find anymore) for a nice track rate - without enough weight it makes it hard for me to do precision movements with the DPI adjusted up higher. I don't use macros or driver software or auto-DPI switching, and I usually just use the default MS mouse driver - because I've had a some incompatibilities and issues whenever I've ever tried to use any manufacturer's driver (maybe not often, but there is ~always~ something that pops up that is only solved by uninstalling the stupid mouse driver).

Usually, I will wear out the scroll wheel before anything else. Before laser mice were popular, the balls would get eaten alive and the little rollers they sat on worn out/smoothed to the point they wouldn't track well anymore.

I've had ~decent~ luck with Logitech - a G5 that lasted for almost 4 years was still my favorite mouse of all time, and several other random corded cheap laser Logitechs that would put in a year or two that I was certain would be nearly disposable.

I've only tried one SteelSeries. It didn't feel right to me - too thin/button clicks too insubstantial. I stopped using it after a month because I couldn't get used to the feel. That mouse still works, although it has some issues where it doesn't always get recognized when the computer boots up - I don't know if that's the mouse or not though.

Razer... I've had 3. 2 of them lasted less than 4 months. The latest (a Mamba, I use corded), has actually lasted a year now of heavy use - the rubber grips on the side are going out, and I hate how close together the side thumb buttons are (I had to disable them because I kept hitting them on accident) but the mechanics all still work ok - it's been the closest thing I've found to the feel of the older G5. When it goes, I don't know what I'll try next.

if u love the G5 why dont u get another?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/LOGITECH-G5-GAMING-MOUSE-WITH-BOX-AND-WEIGHTS-/190787477196?pt=Mice&hash=item2c6bd1decc&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1181

Originally posted by Dantae87
    Originally posted by Ridelynn I'm picky about mice - I like them to be weighty, the buttons to have a solid feel to them, and the scroll wheels to have stiff resistance. Most mice feel like eggshells and I'm afraid I'll click through the case. I don't use a lot of buttons - left/right and scroll, but I like a high DPI (5000+, not hard to find anymore) for a nice track rate - without enough weight it makes it hard for me to do precision movements with the DPI adjusted up higher. I don't use macros or driver software or auto-DPI switching, and I usually just use the default MS mouse driver - because I've had a some incompatibilities and issues whenever I've ever tried to use any manufacturer's driver (maybe not often, but there is ~always~ something that pops up that is only solved by uninstalling the stupid mouse driver). Usually, I will wear out the scroll wheel before anything else. Before laser mice were popular, the balls would get eaten alive and the little rollers they sat on worn out/smoothed to the point they wouldn't track well anymore. I've had ~decent~ luck with Logitech - a G5 that lasted for almost 4 years was still my favorite mouse of all time, and several other random corded cheap laser Logitechs that would put in a year or two that I was certain would be nearly disposable. I've only tried one SteelSeries. It didn't feel right to me - too thin/button clicks too insubstantial. I stopped using it after a month because I couldn't get used to the feel. That mouse still works, although it has some issues where it doesn't always get recognized when the computer boots up - I don't know if that's the mouse or not though. Razer... I've had 3. 2 of them lasted less than 4 months. The latest (a Mamba, I use corded), has actually lasted a year now of heavy use - the rubber grips on the side are going out, and I hate how close together the side thumb buttons are (I had to disable them because I kept hitting them on accident) but the mechanics all still work ok - it's been the closest thing I've found to the feel of the older G5. When it goes, I don't know what I'll try next.
    if u love the G5 why dont u get another?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/LOGITECH-G5-GAMING-MOUSE-WITH-BOX-AND-WEIGHTS-/190787477196?pt=Mice&hash=item2c6bd1decc&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1181

I might - at the time I was buying the Mamba I was looking around and couldn't find any. I don't know that I'd pay $75 for a used one though.

• DarkagesDarkages Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by Starpower
    Logitech G5 has lasted more than 7 years for me and still going strong

Same here, i bought the Razer Naga to replace it but after a month the Naga went into my closet and the G5 came back out.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by pioneer08
    Razr Naga! Best mouse available

Well, I would agree but I really don't get the "indestructible" part.

for me it's the savior of mice. But I can easily envision someone being hard on mice breaking the side buttons with aggressive use.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I think Steelseries is really a hit or miss.  Some people find them the sturdiest mice.  Some people have them crap out on them pretty early.  I think price is probably the deciding factor for Steel Series.  Steel Series made the best mouse pad I have ever used.  However, if you found a product of their's to be crap then there is not point in suggesting one.  They would also probably be on the small side.

Now if you are looking for indestructible, thats a tough one.  Microsoft Mice are usually pretty durable, but I really hate using them.  You can also go the metal mouse look with a Tt eSPORTS Level 10 mouse which is made of aluminum.  It should survive a python.  However, its also a Thermaltake product.  The shell may be very durable and pretty but the electronics usually die.  I have had almost every Thermaltake Fan I have used become unbalanced and make a grinding nois.  However once again I think thats more a price issue as the fans came with the case and were probably around $3.  The mouse is in the high price range so it probably is well built.  Then there is the Corsair Vengeance M65 which might be what you want.

• punchkipunchki Member Posts: 2

I use the Razer Abyssus

Its the Cheapest razer mouse and has some of the best feel IMO.  Its ambedextrous, or however you spell it, and finally, I think I've even stepped on it a few times... This shit just doesn't breat.  If you're however looking for something super cheep, get a mouse thats around 5$ at a random shop.  It'll last a good 5 years and will never break.  Might feel weird.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

All I can contribute is that I use a Razer Death Adder and love it.I realize there may be better mice out there,but I really like the one I have.

I don't believe that any mice are indestructible,where there's a will there's a way.It can be destroyed,as can you :D!

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234
    Originally posted by miguksaram

The Mad Catz Cyborg series of mice are some of the sturdiest gaming mice I've owned and they also happen to be some of, if not, the most modular mice on the market.  Based on your OP this series of mice should fit the bill.

http://www.cyborggaming.com/#

Yep got a Cyborg mmo7 - being so adjustable makes it perfect for big hands and it does seem rugged. Recommend trying one at a friends house to see if it meets your strong standards though as its costly.

The chassis and linkages for adjustment are all steel so should do the trick.

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by punchki

I use the Razer Abyssus

Its the Cheapest razer mouse and has some of the best feel IMO.  Its ambedextrous, or however you spell it, and finally, I think I've even stepped on it a few times... This shit just doesn't breat.  If you're however looking for something super cheep, get a mouse thats around 5$ at a random shop.  It'll last a good 5 years and will never break.  Might feel weird.

Almost.  Ambidextrous. 

I have a Deathadder and have had it for two years.  It's never treated me wrong :)

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

I've got Logitech MX1000 that still works after 8 years.