Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking to start a guild

Dr.DrewIrvingDr.DrewIrving Member Posts: 3
As the title says, I'm looking to start up a serious guild for this game. I need/want help though. My main thing would be to find someone interested in also starting a guild who will co lead with me. Preferably someone who has experience, someone who maybe has skills with a website, and with recruiting. I realize that the game is still a ways away(perhaps not so far though?) and to make up for that I'd prefer to have a guild started with the intention of playing other games together and forming some companionship while we wait(such as xbox live, other mmos).

Hope to hear back from someone if they're interested. Thanks!

Comments

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    May I suggest trying again when the game is one month from release?  In my experience, guilds based around an unreleased game tend to fall apart.  You will likely lose half of your members before the game is released.  Instead, find another game to play and find or make a guild there.  Gather enough people who want to play ArcheAge when it is released while you play and you will have a stronger, better community to play ArcheAge with.
  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Originally posted by syntax42
    May I suggest trying again when the game is one month from release?  In my experience, guilds based around an unreleased game tend to fall apart.  You will likely lose half of your members before the game is released.  Instead, find another game to play and find or make a guild there.  Gather enough people who want to play ArcheAge when it is released while you play and you will have a stronger, better community to play ArcheAge with.

Agreed.

Maybe once Open Beta is close look for a random guild, but this early is asking for a disaster unless it is a multi-game guild/clan.  Also once you get the idea of the level of coordination and effort it will take for your new guild to function in game.

10 Casual RP'ers can have great fun, but they will never have their own castle or siege someone elses. A gang of hard core instance raiders may crush the world bosses no problem, but can they handle the politics in an open world? A solo player can reach max level, but alone will be extremely unlikely to have any affect at all on the overall world economy or alliances. Even a ganking PvP'er will find there is little they can do without allies and support.

So when you see ingame shouts or forum posts looking for new members, take your time, ask questions, What are their plans? How many people do they currently have? Do they have a viable crafting division, or one guy that logs on twice a week? Do they match your pesonality and playstyle? Do they have a 24 hour presence, or just a 3 hour nightly primetime window?Sooo many things you will want to know first.

• Dr.DrewIrvingDr.DrewIrving Member Posts: 3
    I realize that the game is a while away. I am looking for people who play other games as well that we can play as we wait. Even if only 1 or 2 people only join that are people i an just talk to and maybe play with while we wait this post would be a big success
  • archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

Yea im interested, i want to build castles raise army and raise navy build mansions towns and stuff. Lets build an empire.

:p build group troops, and a navy.

• Dr.DrewIrvingDr.DrewIrving Member Posts: 3
    Sent you a message bud
  • OhuCrossbowOhuCrossbow Member UncommonPosts: 4

I am willing to join a Guild as my gaming community not gonna play this.

PM me Dr.