Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of exile play it

NoxcardNoxcard Member UncommonPosts: 30

1. free to play

2.no pay to win

3.what diablo 3 should of been

4.Passive skill tree 100+ skills accessiable from every character so tons of possable combinations

5. skill gem system too much to explain but brilliant like materia from final fantasy

6.endless fun provided by hardcore mode and map system that creates random levels to play in.

Streaming now as well dont know yet tune in I play hardcore mode so come get an impression of the game and watch me die.

Comments

• tomahawk1930tomahawk1930 Member UncommonPosts: 43

Tried it yesterday, and all I can say is that its first impression is beyond amazing.  It almost hurts how much better this game is than d3 out of the gate.  Of course I haven't gotten far enough in yet to really say for certain if it is truly better, but wow what an opening.  

That skill system is ridiculous btw.

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

combat hit detection is a tad wonky (beyond the % to hit)  but i love the meta game of PoE. 

MMO's need to pay attention

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

I'm #14500 in the queue!

Glad this game is getting some recognition. Hopefully it continues to improve.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Not going to play it as it has always on DRM.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

I had two major issues with PoE and both were gamebreaking for me:

1. The community-was just awful.....I dont know if they invited every bnet kiddie they could find but the community was just a joke.

2. the camera-I hated the overhead view....You just couldnt get it quite right no matter what adjustments you made

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371
    I've been playing it for a while, it's pretty great.
  • LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223

/signed

good game, just need to disable global and start IP banning

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Ok before I play it should I be a bow maurader because that's what I probly will end up being and don't want to be stuck with a stupid decision.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Originally posted by expresso

I see what you did there

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by expresso

I know that's probably a dig at what people said about D3.. but PoE has no single player mode.. it's an instanced hub game like GW1. You will still see other players in towns when playing solo. It is not the same as D3.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by emperorwings
    Ok before I play it should I be a bow maurader because that's what I probly will end up being and don't want to be stuck with a stupid decision.

You can make anything work with the right choices. It might not be a uber build.. but it'll be viable.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

I quit after I made this video  to support this thread. After that I logout and uninstalled game, and mind you I "bought" the supporter package before it went live. :/

But this was too game breaking for me. I know the game has hit/miss ratings, but you can't just possibly fail this much and the arrows missing targets because of going 2cm up above the cursor was too much for me to bear.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    I think you quit over a non factor and that its hilarious that anyone would ever consider THAT a deal breaker.
  • mmoskimmoski Member UncommonPosts: 282
    Tried it, but its not for me, the combat is a bit slow and boring and feels very dated, like i was back playing gauntlet in the 90's.
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

I quit after I made this video  to support this thread. After that I logout and uninstalled game, and mind you I "bought" the supporter package before it went live. :/

But this was too game breaking for me. I know the game has hit/miss ratings, but you can't just possibly fail this much and the arrows missing targets because of going 2cm up above the cursor was too much for me to bear.

That video is retarded. You're not even clicking on the mob. Arrows miss because their attack rating is too low, people suffering from this should step up and figure out how they can improve their attack rating in their build.

Yeh, I have problems with the target selection not being as sharp as it should be.. but what you are doing is just dumb. You're trying to play it in a real lazy way where you don't have to properly target what you want to attack. Just, lazy.. left mouse button down and casually press shift when an enemy shows up while lazily gliding your mouse anywhere you like in their general direction. Nope, sorry. If properly targeting your mouse on what you want to hit is too much for you then you definately should leave this game alone.

• tomato_kwantomato_kwan Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

PoE is intended to be a HARD game. It's not like D3 where braindead players can do just fine.

My arrows dun miss much. I guess you just have to learn to play.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Was funny, had this person who was very bad at speaking english spamming around about what the currency is..

My bet is that the gold seller community is at a loss being that there is not true universal currency in the game..

Dare I say, GROUNDBREAKING?

F2P MMO's from now on should really look at a barter system with usable goods rather than coins that drop from things that normally wouldn't..

Originally posted by Vyeth

Was funny, had this person who was very bad at speaking english spamming around about what the currency is..

My bet is that the gold seller community is at a loss being that there is not true universal currency in the game..

F2P MMO's from now on should really look at a barter system with usable goods rather than coins that drop from things that normally wouldn't..

A main trading currency will be established eventualy.. probably Orbs of Regret, Mirrors or Orbs of Chance. It won't take long for the gold sellers to jump on it.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

No gold spam is enough to keep me playing forever :)

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    Originally posted by Vannor

A main trading currency will be established eventualy.. probably Orbs of Regret. It won't take long for the gold sellers to jump on it.

I'd rather sell my goods for Regals or Orbs of Alchemy .. image

Originally posted by Vannor

A main trading currency will be established eventualy.. probably Orbs of Regret. It won't take long for the gold sellers to jump on it.

I'd rather sell my goods for Regals or Orbs of Alchemy .. image

Either way, the games main trade item will be established at one point. It happened in GW1 with Globs of Ecto, it'll definately happen here as well. If Regrets were the main.. you'd have to trade for them most of the time and then trade those for the Regals or Alchemy you'd want. Sure, you'd say you'll prefer to trade for regals or alchemy but most people would come to you with regrets.. and the people trading the regals and alchemy will probably want regrets so that it's easier/quicker for them to trade for the equipment they want. You'll take the regrets because it'll be quicker for you to get your regals and alchemy that way.

This is what happened in the closed beta.

• xBrandoxBrando Member Posts: 91
    It is a fun game. Completely puts D3 to shame, but gender/looks lock always bugs me.