Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IP Block

GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70
I seriously hope there is ip block for NA version due to botting/gold farming/selling/gold spamming...

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

Comments

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

the term you are seeking is Regional IP block. not IP... as 90% of the net used today is dynamic meaning today i have IP 1.0.1.1.1.1 tomorrow i might have it or it might change to 2.0.2.1.1.1.1 so blocking 1.0.1.1.1.1 wont stop me connecting lol. 

regional means no one in my area/country can connect regardless of dynamic ip..

and to be honest why would you want that? does someone from tim buck too really effect your game at all??

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i hope it doesnt, but its a two way line. both IP block and IP unblocked have pros and cons.

My main con with IP block is the lack of players. You can guess the pros

• zekeofevzekeofev Member UncommonPosts: 240

I dislike region locking because I am in multi gaming guilds that have players in other countries. Thus, we stay away from region locked games.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Ghostshadows
    I seriously hope there is ip block for NA version...No offense to other continents 

That's terrible and i take offense.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70
    IP block the Asian countries!!!!!! so we dont have farmers,gold sellers 

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

there are scammers in the US too. IP block cant stop that. And if thats the best the company can do to keep scammers out of their game then poor company..... tsk tsk tsk

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Should of been a bit more explanatory with your reasons in the OP.

Personally, I think locking regions goes against what the internet is about.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCyZYhobvc4

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608

Keep living in your fantasy world man.If they implement Regional IP blocking this game won't last long.It's funny that you specified 'Asian' and as someone who is in an international(all continents) Guild I can tell you that all the cheaters.botters that we caught were from US.

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

your sig says you're waiting for ArcheAge, and Blade and Soul. You also are a fan of Trion who recently purchased the rights to run the NA version of ArcheAge, a game made in Korea.

A suggestion for you...look up the word 'hypocrite', then look in the mirror.

Otherwise, I am sincerely hoping you are being a troll and not being serious, for there is so much wrong in your statement. Like for one, gold sellers and farmers are now based in NA itself.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Nitth

I seriously hope there is ip block for NA version...No offense to other continents 

That's terrible and i take offense.

Well, as long as you put it back, when you are done with it, thats ok... ^^ It depends on what the purpose of the lock out is.  Its usually, so that the regional publisher gets those players. In other words money.  But it can be, because players outside of that region may have much worse ping, and that can really impact some types of games.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by rojo6934

there are scammers in the US too. IP block cant stop that. And if thats the best the company can do to keep scammers out of their game then poor company..... tsk tsk tsk

It's not about scammers, it's about farmers, who will sell an hours worth of currency gains for like 2 dollars.  Only US botters would do anything nearly so cheap, and botters can be combatted in smaller numbers, whereas a large chinese contigent can plague a game to the point of ruin.