Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

should I choose the starting city or island

AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874

Hi guys and gals,

I just downloaded Vangaurd and was wondering where I should start it gives two choices the isle of dawn or the races starting city. So which one is best? My other question is I chose a monk so what crafting profesion should I choose? Thanks for the info guys.

Comments

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    The Island gives you better rewards.
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    thanks for the info
  • BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    The Island gives you better rewards.

thats true, also it has better tutorials, but starting cities has better lore and visuals, also i think they rewamped them so the rewards are better then they used to be (cannt confirm that, didnt try to make new char lately :) )

as for the craft - since monks use medium armor, i would try probably leatherworker

• BaiameBaiame Member UncommonPosts: 143

I would agree with leather worker for your monk. 

As far as where to start, consider running the island once to start as the rewards are better there.  However, the starter cities are pretty cool.  I prefer the starter cities with new toons but I have run the island a few times now.  The great thing about Vanguard is that there are so many options.  Enjoy the game!

• DirkinDirkin Member Posts: 78

The Isle is a little more linear and structured than the rest of the game. It's the old 14-day trial area, so it tends to lead you around a bit more. This can be a good thing if you are brand new and need to get used to the game. The starting cities are just as good though in terms of gear and such. Plus you get to interact with the full community right off the bat. You cannot leave the Isle until you reach level 10. In the end, it's really not a big deal which one you choose.

Monks are a pretty cool class, they do wear medium armor, are quite tanky for a fighter class, and can put out some pretty nice damage. They also get a separate resource pool in the form of Jin, which they can use for many of their special abilities.

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    Hey thanks for all the info guys it helped a lot.