Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WAC Alpha 1 Thread 2013-01-20

2»

Comments

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Nice to see the client is available. Fourteen year vet here that would love to help you alpha test as well.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Originally posted by Ramonski7
    Nice to see the client is available. Fourteen year vet here that would love to help you alpha test as well.

Way more experience than I have.  Started with WoW, and then only because friends wouldn't stop bugging me. image

Glad to have you along.  I remember seeing your posts when Darkfall released.  Since WAC's combat is similar, I'm hoping you can share comments / suggestions.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

The client from yesterday has a bug in the patcher.  I patched the server this morning and the client stopped working.

The new client (13jan24) now matches the server.  I'll try a patch late tonight to see if the new client patches correctly.

What I did wrong:  I took the world editor out of the client yesterday.  It looks like the patcher has a dependency for something in the world editor.  If there was no need to patch, the client was fine.  But when there was a need to patch, the client got stuck and could not connect.

What I did to fix it:  Put the world editor back in.  *sigh*  I think this will fix it.  Or maybe rephrased:  I hope this will fix it.  *grin*.

• Kenshin_HimuraKenshin_Himura Member Posts: 75
    Any chance on Alpha test anytime soon :)

Originally posted by Kenshin_Himura
    Any chance on Alpha test anytime soon :)

Yep, servers are live.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/375254/WAC-Alpha-1-client-is-available.html

And I promise, I'll do my best to not break it anytime soon.  Murphy's law and all that.

Thank you I'm downloading now ^^

When trying to register I get this:  User connection timed out

Also after download my antivirus went completely crazy in my 11 years of mmorpg experience I have tried all p2p f2p mmorpg there and none did that.

Nevermind reopened client and now no connection timeout :)

edit: I still get connection timeout after I login and am at enter world then has a timer of 120 sec to retry.

Originally posted by Kenshin_Himura

When trying to register I get this:  User connection timed out

Also after download my antivirus went completely crazy in my 11 years of mmorpg experience I have tried all p2p f2p mmorpg there and none did that.

Nevermind reopened client and now no connection timeout :)

edit: I still get connection timeout after I login and am at enter world then has a timer of 120 sec to retry.

Register, user connection timed out sounds like the server was down for patch.

No clue on what might have glitched the AV.  There's nothing unusual except the patcher, and I've never seen reports on it causing an AV to panic.

Logged into server but can't enter world sounds like UDP.  Are you on a network behind a NAT router?  If so you might need to setup a forwarding rule.

• JostleJostle Member Posts: 63
    I looked around the world a bit this afternoon. I couldn't get the attack action bound for some reason, so I died a few times, but I'm already impressed with the movement, jumping, and swimming. Will try again tonight after the girlfriend falls asleep. Hope I get attack to work! I'll give you details later.
    Originally posted by Jostle
    I looked around the world a bit this afternoon. I couldn't get the attack action bound for some reason, so I died a few times, but I'm already impressed with the movement, jumping, and swimming. Will try again tonight after the girlfriend falls asleep. Hope I get attack to work! I'll give you details later.

I've had that happen to.  It's a bug, but not sure where.  I'd click "attack" on the commands menu, then click my #1 on action bar and nothing.  The button would go dark grey and do nothing.  Restarting the client and tried it again and it worked.

I've also had it happen with spell book to action bar.  In code, the click is supposed to stick to the mouse cursor object, and when the mouse cursor object gets goofed up for some reason, then it gets stuck.

Thanks for the note.  I'll add checking that to my to-do list.  It's one that's hard to track down because most of the time it works.  I'll put debugging logs in and when it happens we'll get a clue as to why.

Thanks for the help with the alpha.  Things went quite well.  No server crashes, only a few connection issues, client compatibility was fine, client performance a bit weak but that was expected.

Questions, comments, feedback are welcomed at the forum.  URL is easy to remember:  www.XAP.net/team