Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch Notes 24 January

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

They've posted new patch notes today.  Amongst some of the changes, looks like they've rebuilt some of the guild system, and increased the cap to 200, as well as added some new fish to catch.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/patch-notes-01-24-2013.83721/

Discussion on the official forums is here:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/discussion-patch-notes-01-24-2013.83723/

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Just what the game needed, more fish to catch...
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Talonsin
    Just what the game needed, more fish to catch...

If this were the standard themepark game, with meaningless fishing, I'd probably agree.

But, the fishing system in MO is one of the more involved you'll find in an MMO - it actually rewards player knowledge.  Personally, I like it when games broaden worthwhile non-combat activities, especially ones that are tied to other systems in the game.  It's all too rare.

It's better than adding another tier of purple gear to chase, anyway....

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I dont deny your points but with all the bugs in this game, wouldnt it be a better idea to fix the broken things players have been complaining about?
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Talonsin
    I dont deny your points but with all the bugs in this game, wouldnt it be a better idea to fix the broken things players have been complaining about?

Given the patch notes, there are bug-fixes too, including the one that's recently been DC'ing people.

• DoomtecDoomtec Member Posts: 32

not to mention that something as simple as adding new fish, in MO, can provide new resources that can be nearly game changing.