Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game is an accomplishment, community a disgrace.

2»

Comments

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by PieRad

I've had good experiences with the community in-game.

When I died on my first char in hardcore, I made a new char and logged back in.

I was a bit down about it and wanted to share my death with someone, so I told everyone.

The whole chat filled up with "Rest in peace!" :)

You didn't just keep playing on the hardcore one?  Or did you make a new hardcore character?

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by PieRad

I've had good experiences with the community in-game.

When I died on my first char in hardcore, I made a new char and logged back in.

I was a bit down about it and wanted to share my death with someone, so I told everyone.

The whole chat filled up with "Rest in peace!" :)

You didn't just keep playing on the hardcore one?  Or did you make a new hardcore character?

I made a new hardcore char.

Because when you die in hardcore, the character you died with is moved to normal mode.

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616
    I played this for a few days in beta and to give the game some credit i enjoyed it for around 6 hours. Why is it even here? I s this what its come to now? It is in no way an MMORPG. All these type of games are just not for me,tbh it fucks me off they are even here on an MMO site.

Originally posted by Fangrim
    I played this for a few days in beta and to give the game some credit i enjoyed it for around 6 hours. Why is it even here? I s this what its come to now? It is in no way an MMORPG. All these type of games are just not for me,tbh it fucks me off they are even here on an MMO site.

This site lists many games outside of traditional MMORPG definitions, such as DOTA.

It also lists games that aren't functional anymore, such as Auto Assault, and Darkfall.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I went to a steakhouse for dinner and fish and chicken were also on the menue...I'm like WTF! How dare they!!! It clearly says :STEAKHOUSE

The waitress said if you don't want fish or chicken, then don't order it. But I was already sickend by the sheer thought of fish and chicken being in my steak only resteraunt....

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Originally posted by steamtank

in game chat is friendly

the meta game is everything i wanted D3 to be.

the slower combat makes positioning and spell/skill choice matter.

i really wish you are joking with the friendly in game chat, today i just deactivated because the tipical "speak only english!!" discussion came to the surface and lasted 2 hours ( maybe more, when i left they where still insulting all non-english speakers ) such things ruins my game time really, if only people could ignore or understand that the non english speakers are not insulting or even talking to you, everybody will be happy. ( except if the game server demands only english inside the game )

Originally posted by Psychow

I went to a steakhouse for dinner and fish and chicken were also on the menue...I'm like WTF! How dare they!!! It clearly says :STEAKHOUSE

The waitress said if you don't want fish or chicken, then don't order it. But I was already sickend by the sheer thought of fish and chicken being in my steak only resteraunt....

That is awesome.  Made me laugh :)

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by jpnole
    Originally posted by Roxtarr
    I'd like to see what you posted to see if you actually deserved to be called a troll or not.

Over the past couple weeks I have become accustomed to seeing his "crazy man" avatar and knowing right away that it will be a negative shot at PoE.

Yep, exactly why I think it was probably well deserved.

• AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

The community is almost entierly disgruntled D3 players. Its sad a blizzard game (D3) has a far better community right now...

I play POE with general chat closed.  I dont party since multiplayer isnt even fun, especially with shared loot and the combat mechanics making it difficult to target the right mob (add a few friendlies and your clicking them not the mobs)

I dont keep trade chat open, since trading is pointless for the most part.  Everyone is one of 2-4 builds, and like with closed beta, chances are your going to go a majority of the game without skills that are the foundation of your build since they are drop only.  Yeah theres quest reward for gems, but gem selection is based of your characters default skills, and if you decide to not be a claw wielding melee shadow (for instance) your not getting the skills you need.

The community was horrible in closed beta, and now its ten fold as bad.  Theres only one "talking" chat, and its occupied by everyone, non english speakers, people begging for help, and the 10-20 side conversations that make it impossible to sift through it all.  Not to mention non-stop "lol D3 sucks lol" talk.  Community is OBSESSED with D3.

Top it all off with constant disconnects, lots of mob desync, and slow download time...right now the games kind of a mess.

This all is ok, my only gripe is that the combat and gameplay mechanics are terrible, and show no signs of improving.

I remember my first beer.... How many game launches have you partaken in? I'm guessing a grand total of zero.