Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New PC opinion

TickleMeHomoTickleMeHomo Member Posts: 28

Hey guys,so im gettin new pc second hand actually so i cant choose what to have in it ,just wanted to ask with these specifications how may these new mmos specially /Hawken/Eve/Planetside 2 and Mechwarrior online/Aion graphics engine/Cabal 2 will run and from other games like Anno 2070/Bf3/SimCity the new one,will run.

I had 2 years back ,dual core amd 64/3ghz cpu /gts 250 512mb and 4gb ddr2 ram.So back than i had somethink in mind how games would run and i was suprised back than

Now im getting this 

:Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz/2.39GHz +
Box cooler

Inno3D Nvidia GeForce GTX260 896mb 512bit DDR3

4gb DDR2 Kingston

1 TB WD Western Digital

http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5B_DeluxeWiFiAP/#overview

So for a 200$ pc i think its pretty solid but wanted opinions.Thx sry for english

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

If you're getting that complete system for $200, then I'd say to have at it.  Some games won't run that well for lack of single-threaded CPU performance, but pretty much everything should at least be playable.  And many games will run very well.

If you're just getting some selected parts and then having to buy others to build around it, then it's likely not such a good idea.

• TickleMeHomoTickleMeHomo Member Posts: 28
    Nah just getting and using it,wont replace any parts but i suppose ram to ddr3 someday i could put in.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    The motherboard almost certainly requires DDR2 memory, which means that you can't plug DDR3 into it.
  • TickleMeHomoTickleMeHomo Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    The motherboard almost certainly requires DDR2 memory, which means that you can't plug DDR3 into it.

Well than wil stick to this configuration.