Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it possible to play skyrim without lockpicking with this build?

DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

Im gona be rolling a mage characacter and dont wanna skill up lockpicking at all. Would i still be able to play the game fine without unlocking chest or doors? I tend to just stick with 5 skill's. Oh just rememberd speachcraft you can't avoid leveling either , that will push me up to 6 skills....

My main skills are gona be conjuration, illusion, alteration , alchemy, and sneak. Seems like an interesting build. Gona have a summon with me, sneaking around confusing the mobs, while using alchemy to heal and cure deseases, and alteration to make me resist more and stronger.

ps. i know thers a trait "mage armor" so i dont hafta worry about light armor :)

Comments

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

while i'm not an expert on skyrim and its been a long time since i actively played it, it sounds like you're going about it thinking skyrim = oblivion in that you have to heavily monitor your skill usage otherwise you'd fuck up your character, skyrim isn't quite so strict like oblivion was.

but anyway, no you don't need lockpicking, as anything story-related you can just pickpocket or kill someone and loot the key off their corpse, it'll make your job harder, because you have to kill something rather than just picking the door or chest. you will also forego alot of loot because i dont think every chest has a key to go with it just waiting to be found so there's that. all in all, to skip lockpicking isn't really helping you any, but i understand if you're doing it for rp purposes.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!