Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Universe Project

sharky81sharky81 Member UncommonPosts: 16
This is a new game project coming out. This game sounds amazing but im sure we all have heard of games like this coming out that never made it. Anyways check out this link to find out more about it. 

http://lnc.hr/eeiX

Comments

• sharky81sharky81 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Tbh its just a Referral link, anyways google the title if u dont trust it.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Do you have a link to another source of info? HR is up there with RU and TK on the Big Scary List.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Hmm just google The Universe Project will be the first thing on there. Its a great game design but who nows if it will ever make it.

I just heard of it lastnight from a gamer on youtube the video on there website just makes it look nice. Just a rumor at this point tho.

Edit: FAQ blog

http://universeprojects.blogspot.com/

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Site link http://launch2.universeprojects.com/

It looks promising although maybe overly ambitious.

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Game is going to fail because you cannot trust your player base. Apparently these guys learned absolutely nothing from the games that have come previously.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

This game reminds me of a joke from Jerry Seinfeld:

"I mean the whole reason you watch a TV show is because it ends. If I want a long, boring story with no point to it, I have my life."

I'm sure this same mentality is applicable to gaming, somehow :P

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

This game reminds me of a joke from Jerry Seinfeld:

"I mean the whole reason you watch a TV show is because it ends. If I want a long, boring story with no point to it, I have my life."

I'm sure this same mentality is applicable to gaming, somehow :P

LMAO that was a good joke. I will check it out for sure tho sounds cool.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    If it is gonna be fully uninstanced, unrestricted gameplay... this game will be possible one day but only after we solve the quantum tunneling issues with >12 nm processors because to put it mildly... they're talking about a entire planet being rendered and made available to the user base... that is unprecedented in and of itself in its scope, you're talking thousands if not tens of thousands of gigabytes in data for the server side client in terms of world assets alone... and then consider the fact that they said that at some time in the future the whole universe will be up for grabs....that's.... 10 million stars for the smallest of galaxies... each of those stars having its own solar system, we're not talking planets as a given but you'd still have halo objects, asteroids, etc to put in because those would allow players to construct their own dyson spheres... now take into account that there are well over a 100 million known galaxies out there... it could be possible one day, hell considering the quantum leap mankind did in storage capacity within the last quarter of a century... if we could swing single digit nm processors and get 1000 terabytes to be on the future's equiviliant of a SD card then yes this game can be very much possible... but for the moment they'd have to get Earth up first which I am glad to say will be possible within the next half decade but it will still be a massive undertaking even so.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    If it is gonna be fully uninstanced, unrestricted gameplay... this game will be possible one day but only after we solve the quantum tunneling issues with >12 nm processors because to put it mildly... they're talking about a entire planet being rendered and made available to the user base... that is unprecedented in and of itself in its scope, you're talking thousands if not tens of thousands of gigabytes in data for the server side client in terms of world assets alone... and then consider the fact that they said that at some time in the future the whole universe will be up for grabs....that's.... 10 million stars for the smallest of galaxies... each of those stars having its own solar system, we're not talking planets as a given but you'd still have halo objects, asteroids, etc to put in because those would allow players to construct their own dyson spheres... now take into account that there are well over a 100 million known galaxies out there... it could be possible one day, hell considering the quantum leap mankind did in storage capacity within the last quarter of a century... if we could swing single digit nm processors and get 1000 terabytes to be on the future's equiviliant of a SD card then yes this game can be very much possible... but for the moment they'd have to get Earth up first which I am glad to say will be possible within the next half decade but it will still be a massive undertaking even so.

Okay Sheldon Cooper

lol

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Okay Sheldon Cooper

lol

Why thank you Raj.

They talk about that in the FAQ blog. They said there biggest problem will be with the number of players and not the world size.

• JalarisJalaris Member UncommonPosts: 29

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, and finally, Yes! This is my dream game.