Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Class questions

swarmofsealsswarmofseals Member Posts: 16

Thinking about finally giving this game a try -- I had my eye on it for a long time but lost interest after the many launch delays.

Anyway, I could use some advice on classes. The two classes that I am looking at most closely are Lancer and Warrior. My understanding is that Lancers are definitely in high demand for dungeons due to their unique tanking ability and that is definitely appealing to me. However, I have heard that they are a huge pain to level. Is this still true? Are they painful enough to level that it would be worth rolling one as a second character so as to twink it out a bit?

Warriors sound like a fun alternative that might be easier to level. From what I hear they can also tank, although it's more difficult. Is it also easy to find dungeon groups as a warrior tank? And how are warriors in terms of solo play/leveling?

Last but not least, how are both of these classes in PVP? I have played many games where tank classes are really bad in PVP because their DPS is so low that enemies can just ignore them. This is a particular concern for Lancers, I'd think, who have the added problem of being slow (and thus I'd think easy to kite).

Comments

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

You'll be quite surprised to hear that lancers have received a major DPS buff as well as new dps skills such as Wallop and Warriors have been given a block so they can actually tank properly, although I personally liked dodge tanking.

Lancer and Warrior will be around the same speed to level but lancer has less down time due to self heal and bubble at higher levels.

Lancer and warrior at level 60 are really fast paced classes and take quite a bit of skill to play in PvP, however, both are in high demand and lancer/warrior are considered probably the best 1v1 classes and the best classes for upcoming 3v3 arena when controlled by a skilled player.