Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Friendly invite

eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264

I see a lot of folks claiming no skill involved all you have is 10 skills and you can just spam them and win.

Please add me to you list and come to spvp.

IGN 1 - Sixteen F Cali

IGN 2 - Short Arms

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    they won't because people who have made those claims i doubt put more than a few hours into the game and made false assumptions based on limited play and/or lack of knowledge

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by elitero

Why?

If someone beats you will you then be convinced the game is simplistic?

If you beat someone is that proof the game takes "skill" (defined as...?)?

Since neither is likely to be true, your attempt at bravado seems rather... Pointless.

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Myria

Why?

If someone beats you will you then be convinced the game is simplistic?

If you beat someone is that proof the game takes "skill" (defined as...?)?

Since neither is likely to be true, your attempt at bravado seems rather... Pointless.

only way to find out is join i guess

• 9ineven9ineven Member UncommonPosts: 168
    1000 hours in less than 5 months. Yeah, you better be good :)
  • nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468
    I think SWTOR's PVP had more beef than GW2. Cannot stand the PVP. And yes, I do think there are no skills involved in GW2.
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by 9ineven

Damn brainwashing takes less time then that. Heck many people can learn a new language in less time then that if they put their minds to it. One would have to wonder what the guy does but play GW2. (what 10 hours a 6 days a week everyweek.!)

Originally posted by winter

Damn brainwashing takes less time then that. Heck many people can learn a new language in less time then that if they put their minds to it. One would have to wonder what the guy does but play GW2. (what 10 hours a 6 days a week everyweek.!)

I am new to the internet I do not know how to respond to this. =(

• Wizlock23Wizlock23 Member UncommonPosts: 107

So the poinnt of this thread is that ...you like GW2 pvp and if others do not, then they are wrong and should come play a game you like to prove them wrong?

go beat ur chest some place else...another " look at me" thread

• 9ineven9ineven Member UncommonPosts: 168

Oh, of course you can learn to play GW2 spvp in a few hours.

Training is what this is about I would say.

if you want to make that point I guess that would be it in your own head. I just see a lot of the people claiming its spam 10 skills and you auto win, I would liek to learn this too so I posted. =)

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    I don't understand how "only" having 10 skills is somehow less skillful than something like WoW or EQ2 where you have 5+ hotbars with all your skills on it. Would think that having a carefully picked 10 would be more skillful than buying the latest 15 button mouse along with your gamepad where all you do is set up a macro or cycle through your skills the same way each fight. I prefer games anyways that I don't feel like I have to mod a 2nd keyboard into a mouse to feel like I can actually play to my characters potential.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

Originally posted by Trudge34
    I don't understand how "only" having 10 skills is somehow less skillful than something like WoW or EQ2 where you have 5+ hotbars with all your skills on it. Would think that having a carefully picked 10 would be more skillful than buying the latest 15 button mouse along with your gamepad where all you do is set up a macro or cycle through your skills the same way each fight. I prefer games anyways that I don't feel like I have to mod a 2nd keyboard into a mouse to feel like I can actually play to my characters potential.

never understood that either.. and on GW2 you have access to on average 15 skills most of the times in combat and some classes like elementalist and depending how you setup your engineer can have many many more. I have no gripes with number of skills slots my only issue with game in this respect  is just wish it had little more variety in weapon skills per class.. in all honestly though just watch videos on youtube like https://www.youtube.com/feed/UCUzj5q3v-6umt_NOCR709Ng if people think GW2 really requires no strategy and no skill people really have no clue what they are talking about

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• mmoskimmoski Member UncommonPosts: 282

Yeah gw2 pvp does require skill to play, just a shame its not very good fun to play a game based on capture the point and superior numbers at a location, but that's just my opinion.

Having said which, the number of people watching it on twitch speaks for itself, just compare it to dota2 which is still in beta. Maybe when Anet release the custom servers, observer mode, more game types/maps a better "player" made game type will be born, but for now some people are just resorting to duelling in the servers while they wait hours for a payed tourny to pop.

Originally posted by mmoski

Yeah gw2 pvp does require skill to play, just a shame its not very good fun to play a game based on capture the point and superior numbers at a location, but that's just my opinion.

Having said which, the number of people watching it on twitch speaks for itself, just compare it to dota2 which is still in beta. Maybe when Anet release the custom servers, observer mode, more game types/maps a better "player" made game type will be born, but for now some people are just resorting to duelling in the servers while they wait hours for a payed tourny to pop.

i do agree sPVP does need a lot more modes of gameplay... the current maps are ok but overall not much variety since all but the newest basically have the same style capture the point objectives. 

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

I'll take your challenge. IGN names do me no good though. Post your account name and lets get to rocking!

I can do solo duel or i have my own spvp team. Let's see what you got :)

My names Taaz.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

nvm, i see your names showing up in game, guess IGN doesnt mean something from ign.com.

See you when you get on.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    they won't because people who have made those claims i doubt put more than a few hours into the game and made false assumptions based on limited play and/or lack of knowledge

This and the fact that most people who made such claim won't accept your challenge because they will find it pointless to prove their point to some random internet dude... Something they are doing over and over here in form of a text lol. Funny stuff.  Be sure that 99% of people claiming this will get owned in PvP by some good PvPer. Most people are just too afraid to be wrong to accept your challenge or couldn't care less because they know better.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by SirFubar
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

This and the fact that most people who made such claim won't accept your challenge because they will find it pointless to prove their point to some random internet dude... Something they are doing over and over here in form of a text lol. Funny stuff.  Be sure that 99% of people claiming this will get owned in PvP by some good PvPer. Most people are just too afraid to be wrong to accept your challenge or couldn't care less because they know better.

Guess they are a bit hurt they cant farm uber gear and gank undergeared noobs. Their whole style of play is gone!

• Raxxo82Raxxo82 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Come try pvp in MO or DF instead! Stop playing girlscout pvp, then whine about it not being skilled..

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Raxxo82
    Come try pvp in MO or DF instead! Stop playing girlscout pvp, then whine about it not being skilled..

Dumbest thing I have ever heard.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Originally posted by Raxxo82

LOL

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Humm my apology if i came across harsh. Look at it this way, most people have jobs and work 40 hours a week or 160 hours a month (roughly) For 640 hours in 4 months. You have played over 1000 hours of GW2 in 4 months? I can't tell you how to live your life that would be wrong and foolish. I'm not you and i don't know your situation but you might want to reflect on things a bit. balance is life is generally a good thing.

Humm my apology if i came across harsh. Look at it this way, most people have jobs and work 40 hours a week or 160 hours a month (roughly) For 640 hours in 4 months. You have played over 1000 hours of GW2 in 4 months? I can't tell you how to live your life that would be wrong and foolish. I'm not you and i don't know your situation but you might want to reflect on things a bit. balance is life is generally a good thing.

I work 8 hours a day 5 days a week some times 7, I am a Business System Analyst, I have time to play from work also usually 3 days out of the week, I still do not get what you are saying.   ????

I know writing this on the internet wouldn't prove anything I was just joking with a buddy of mine with the post you had made, but hey just had to give it a shot lol