Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 year of.. ?

ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398

I really hope that 2013 pace with the end of slow point'n'click mmo ..

Leave room for real gaming experience ! Action oriented mmo !  Ex: Darfall, Tera, Blade&Soul ..

Comments

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

I had to laugh.

I wonder if these threads speaking of the "real gaming experience" will ever end. Doubtful, but I suppose it wouldn't kill to wish for it.

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    have you tried this type of game? i don't think so ..
  • steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391
    i have sadly come to the realization that the halo pew pew pew pew pew crowd isn't going to stop playing mmo's until they are exactly like halo.....
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Once you tank high level content in TERA, either lancer block tank or warrior dodge tank you just can't tank in any other game, its not nearly the same.

Having to actively block/dodge every one of the attacks as well as maintain aggro or else you die is so much different than just hoping your armor is good enough so that a healer can heal through you being hit while you spam attacks to hold aggro, the most glorious part of it all is that at some point you can get so good you don't even need a healer.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Scellow
    have you tried this type of game? i don't think so ..

And you would be wrong. Rather, I'm an avid player of them, or at least the genre.

My point is that the notion that one provides a more "real game experience" than another is just ridiculous.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    I don't like "real gaming"... I much prefer fake gaming.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172
    I too was hoping it would be the year Darkfall actually came to maturity, but my god, what the fuck did they do to it?