Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wheres all the Pirate101 hype?

mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
Come on guys. It was GAME OF THE YEAR!  Wheres the forums posts, news post, ratings and hype? No reviews, videos, screenshots, features. Whats the deal?

Comments

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Rofl, they came and voted, got their free reward that was offfered them, and went back.  I don't think they want to be  in forum pvp. 

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by mCalvert
    Come on guys. It was GAME OF THE YEAR!  Wheres the forums posts, news post, ratings and hype? No reviews, videos, screenshots, features. Whats the deal?

The Pirates101 crowd is probably more the site reader crowd and less the forum poster crowd. Yes, they are two distinctly different groups of people with very little overlap. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by erictlewis

Rofl, they came and voted, got their free reward that was offfered them, and went back.  I don't think they want to be  in forum pvp. 

Ninja Siege oO! They came (While everyone was sleeping), they conquered (Because no one realized they were there), and they left (Ran like hell because they knew we were coming). 

In all seriousness, while it certainly doesn't deserve to even have been in the running for game of the year it actually is worth checking out. 

Not a bad little game, not my thing, but they get props for what they did. 

• eveque67eveque67 Member UncommonPosts: 64

As far as a "free reward", I would like you to let me in on the secret.  Im an everyday player and they have yet to mention anything about rewards but Im all in if I can get something.   :)

The truth is, the people that play that game probably dont do allot of posting or just dont care what others think of thier game.  I have been a member of this site for years and years but my post count is low because I generally dont post.  Im just looking at whats coming out, sneak peeks, beta giveaways etc.

What happened was very simple.  More of the players for the top voted games took the time to vote.  Isnt that what the hype meter thsi site uses is all about?  Some are compelled to inject an opinion and some are not.  There were no "free" anythings.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Making a seperate post just for you.

• FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR Member Posts: 166

Maybe the truly superior MMOs don't need hype.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

people tried it, and didnt even bother to rant before uninstalling

this is what happens, when a little boy comes to the big league

he just fades away quietly,,hoping that noone will notice

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

Kingsisle tends to be a mostly young market and we're a bunch of assholes.  Seriously, I just said assholes.  And I'm one of the nice guys.  Imagine what other posters are puking out into our forums?  Its not exactly a place most adults would let a child be.  So, no...you're not seeing one single player of that game anywhere near us.  Obviously.

That said, I still have it installed on my drive.  Its a good game.  I don't have time for MMO's at the moment, so its not getting played.  Trying to take down Dragons Dogma actually.  Trying, being the operative word.

If you want to know whether the game is worth a shot, then seriously...go try it.  It is absolutely worth the time to download and play it.  Its at least fun for a few hours, if nothing else, and costs nothing.  Assuming you like TRPG stuff.  Disgaea and FF Tactics sort of combat.  I live for that stuff, so its a big win to me.  Plus the ship to ship stuff ain't bad (though its been done better by others)

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by FARGIN_WAR

Maybe the truly superior MMOs don't need hype.

Well, that's one hell of a comment, you Fargin Icehole!  (sorry, couldn't help myself, I loved Johnny Dangerously just for that character alone)