Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online Fails To Make Greenlight List

Comments

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by Celusios I use to support this game but since they want to ban me for having "third party" tools installed (not running but installed) I'm simply done.

I find that VERY hard to believe!  Its bad enough if SV is scanning your system for running processes, but having free reign over your hardrive is just absurd. Plus SVs detection has always been a joke.

ROFL ya ok, like we believe this, wrong, they don't do this, and I know I have played MO for years , no longer do, but they do not do this, you were cheating I bet , running Aim bot, speed hacks etc and or Autoit, I bet, I seen enough players doing this and now I didn't when I left the game..

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by Celusios I use to support this game but since they want to ban me for having "third party" tools installed (not running but installed) I'm simply done.

I find that VERY hard to believe!  Its bad enough if SV is scanning your system for running processes, but having free reign over your hardrive is just absurd. Plus SVs detection has always been a joke.

ROFL ya ok, like we believe this, wrong, they don't do this, and I know I have played MO for years , no longer do, but they do not do this, you were cheating I bet , running Aim bot, speed hacks etc and or Autoit, I bet, I seen enough players doing this and now I didn't when I left the game..

I use to be just like you. All nieve about Starvault's ways. You honestly for a second think their GM staff is not corrupt? So many of us who fight against RLC and other FL alliances have been banned recently for the dumbest of shit. "Third party tools". Feel free to youtube their history and see first hand how they operate.

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

lol, in all honesty, you don't want to buy anything through steam anyway. CS is absolutely horrendous for Steam, and their "app" is a glorified pop up window.

Every time I used Steam before I wised up I had problems with their customer support. Abysmal.

I had one problem and it was fixed in less then 3 hours.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Funny how people still defend this worthless company with the "themeparks suck" argument. Wtf does that have to do with anything?

I like open ended games and sandbox features but I also dislike broken games, lying CEOs and corrupt GMs. Get a grip.
  • xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

Just saying...why does everyone want to see sandbox games die so much?  Not enough themeparks out there?

Please do not blame themepark players if your sandbox games die so much.

Blame yourself and all of those desperate, hard up sandbox gamers who support bad gameplay and bad dev behaviours.

You can fool, tricked and hype so many players into playing these games,

but at the end no one will want to have to do with this genre anymore because of those guys.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

Originally posted by Biskop
    Funny how people still defend this worthless company with the "themeparks suck" argument. Wtf does that have to do with anything?

I like open ended games and sandbox features but I also dislike broken games, lying CEOs and corrupt GMs. Get a grip.

Yeah... the game itself is a great game... but it's just completely ruined by the pathetic company that controls it. The only reason anyone defends it is because it's the only game of it's kind.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    arks, so what if its bug ridden, play it or leave it alone, but if someone wants to continue to develop it so what , what is it hurting you? 

It is a bad example to other developers. Something along the lines of "Hey, you can cheat and lie to your player base and have amateur GMs, yet players will still support you, no need to try hard".

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Disappointed. MO is a good game with great potential.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    Disappointed. MO is a good game with great potential.

The idea had potential. The game is awful. Getting put on Steam's Greenlight would not have made the game any better, it would just take even longer to stagger around flailing it's stubby arms.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by xmenty
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

Just saying...why does everyone want to see sandbox games die so much?  Not enough themeparks out there?

Please do not blame themepark players if your sandbox games die so much.

Blame yourself and all of those desperate, hard up sandbox gamers who support bad gameplay and bad dev behaviours.

You can fool, tricked and hype so many players into playing these games,

but at the end no one will want to have to do with this genre anymore because of those guys.

agree 100%!

Originally posted by Toferio
    arks, so what if its bug ridden, play it or leave it alone, but if someone wants to continue to develop it so what , what is it hurting you? 

It is a bad example to other developers. Something along the lines of "Hey, you can cheat and lie to your player base and have amateur GMs, yet players will still support you, no need to try hard".

To be fair, they are paying a huge price for their unprofessional behavior. Population is still pathetic and the new players that do join find themselves quitting within days. Even the simpliest of bugs still exist on this game.. for instance getting stuck on literally everything. Prediction is horrible which leads to bad combat and people quitting. For those of you who don't know what their prediction system is....

It was this great idea of theirs to implement a system in that would help the servers deal with higher pinged players across the world. What it does is try to predict your movement on others clients... which means certain people it will predict you closer than you actually are leading to you being hit by someone from 20FT away on your screen. It also made it so you couldn't even see them winding up a hit until it was too late and you were being hit. With this great system combat is more relient on connection than skill.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    movement prediction is common in most online games its just mos isnt very good at all, theres plenty of online games that would also be terrible if they had the melee mechanics of MO simply due to bad prediction, but mos prediction is on a whole other level of bad, its not just common prediction issues like the direction someone is facing which plagues most online games, eg NS2 im playing often you get killed by a shotgun from a guy not even looking in your direction (prediction issue combined with lag). In MO its far to common seeing people run up to something then striaght past it then the prediction shuffle them back to it becuase they actually stopped right at the object but the prediction doesnt realise until up to 2 seconds after.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365
    Originally posted by Celusios

Yeah... the game itself is a great game... but it's just completely ruined by the pathetic company that controls it. The only reason anyone defends it is because it's the only game of it's kind.

It's a terrible game, perhaps you mean it had a good PowerPoint presentation? The second SV sat down to actually code the game it has been awful.

It is also not the only game of its kind, there are plenty of sandbox PvP games with territorial control out there. No amount of fine tuning your definition can change that (it's the only sandbox with Mortal in the title!! etc). There are plenty of similar games, and anyone who plays MO is simply lining Henrik's pockets while he laughs at you.

• DarthMooskaDarthMooska Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by Jacxolope
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188
    Originally posted by deathshroud
    its still on the greenlight page so it is still under consideration but didnt make this monthsl ist of greenlit games. some of the ones just greenlit have been on greenlight far longer than mo.

Any of those games been released for 2.5 years?

IDK but I am THRILLED to see "age of decadance" among the "chosen". Vault Dweller (Vince) is an awesome guy who has worked his everloving butt off for YEARS to make a game that he knows will probably not ewven break even. He has delayed and delayed and delayed (paying salaries from his own pocket) to make sure the game was up to snuff... AND it isnt even released yet after probably 7 or so years of development.

I second this. Age of Decadence is superb. It's like pen and paper DnD in a nice 3D turn based package.

I derive my strength from passion. Do you feel that? That is what seperates you and I, Jedi!

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    Originally posted by Betel
    Originally posted by Celusios

It's a terrible game, perhaps you mean it had a good PowerPoint presentation? The second SV sat down to actually code the game it has been awful.

It is also not the only game of its kind, there are plenty of sandbox PvP games with territorial control out there. No amount of fine tuning your definition can change that (it's the only sandbox with Mortal in the title!! etc). There are plenty of similar games, and anyone who plays MO is simply lining Henrik's pockets while he laughs at you.

That effin' Power Point gave me goosebumps, and then I played the game. :(

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Apparently this is now Greenlit according to the MO Facebook page.
    Originally posted by ltank

According to Steam is isnt. image

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    most likely hasnt been announced by steam yet but im guessing sv got the email of their acceptance?

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    most likely hasnt been announced by steam yet but im guessing sv got the email of their acceptance?

-If this is true (I do not think it is-) its going to be a bloodbath. MO is in no hshape to be on steam (honestly its in no shape to even be CONSIDERED for Steam) and I reckon an influx of new sales will be quickly followed by a rash of complaints and removal from Steam.

I have nothing againsyt MO and gave it a fair shot during the green Light. The sheer amount of bugs, server downtime and (IMHO) unfinished or lacking systems was not even close to being Steam worthy and appeared to be beta. For their own sake (and since I like the 'concept') they really need to fix the game and servers before trying to get on steam.

-Big mistake.

That said, the drama which will surely follow will be of epic proportions.

But again. I do not believe it.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Apparently MO fans can't see the difference between being part of top 100 voted and actually being greenlit.

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Originally posted by Jacxolope

I have nothing againsyt MO and gave it a fair shot during the green Light. The sheer amount of bugs, server downtime and (IMHO) unfinished or lacking systems was not even close to being Steam worthy and appeared to be beta. For their own sake (and since I like the 'concept') they really need to fix the game and servers before trying to get on steam.

In fact they are adding new features instead (und thus new bugs). They sure must have a plan... image

Last prove of the amateurishness of the dev team was the uninstall process: 24Gig left. A small team doesn't justify such a low quality over the years. Meanwhile I'm also convinced that twitch based PVP in an MMO on a globally running server never will work properly due to physical limitations. It's a concept for LAN parties at best.

I want to apologize for supporting this wet dream at first -> me wearing sackcloth and ashes. image

• vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417

Excellent stuff :

• Eador. Masters of the Broken World
    • The Age of Decadence

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

After all this time you guys still haven't learned to read the fine print in anything SV says?

That big congratulations announcement was because they moved up to #70 out of 100...

YAY!!!!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Will you cry if they eventually are?image
    Will you cry if they eventually are?image

Being Greenlit won't make the game any bettter, so no. image

Getting people to try MO has never been the problem, it's keeping them.