Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online Fails To Make Greenlight List

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Despite a month long campaign that includes fans bragging about making 4+ accounts to "vote", Steam today announced their new batch of Greenlight games without MO.  Interesting news given that it is a game that has been released for 2.5 years.  Anyhow, without further adieu, your Jan 15th Greenlight list:

Fourth Set of Titles Greenlit

posted by Alden @ 12:01PM on January 15, 2013

We're excited to announce the fourth set of games and software titles to advance through Steam Greenlight, and be offered worldwide distribution via Steam. This batch is comprised of ten games and two software titles, bringing the total to over 60 titles Greenlit since Steam Greenlight launched in August. 

The latest software titles (see all Greenlit software here

• articy:draft | Game Design Tool 
  • GroBoto - Modeling App

The latest games (see all Greenlit games here

• Akaneiro: Demon Hunters 
  • Asylum 
  • DLC Quest 
  • Eador. Masters of the Broken World 
  • La-Mulana 
  • Leisure Suit Larry 
  • MaK 
  • The Age of Decadence 
  • Unepic 
  • War For The Overworld

As with past batches, these titles will be released independently in the months ahead, as they complete development and integrate with any of the Steamworks features they are interested in utilizing. 

Keep up the voting and help your favorite games get the attention they deserve. Also, be sure to join the Steam Greenlight Official Group for the latest new and announcements.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

More cautious about bug filled products run by shady types since WarZ perhaps?

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Thanks for the update. image
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    its still on the greenlight page so it is still under consideration but didnt make this monthsl ist of greenlit games. some of the ones just greenlit have been on greenlight far longer than mo.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488

I sincerely hope MO does not make it through the Greenlight process. It is an awful game.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Originally posted by deathshroud

its still on the greenlight page so it is still under consideration but didnt make this monthsl ist of greenlit games. some of the ones just greenlit have been on greenlight far longer than mo.

Any of those games been released for 2.5 years?

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188
    Originally posted by deathshroud

Any of those games been released for 2.5 years?

IDK but I am THRILLED to see "age of decadance" among the "chosen". Vault Dweller (Vince) is an awesome guy who has worked his everloving butt off for YEARS to make a game that he knows will probably not ewven break even. He has delayed and delayed and delayed (paying salaries from his own pocket) to make sure the game was up to snuff... AND it isnt even released yet after probably 7 or so years of development.

On the other hand we have MO which has been released for 3 years, was funded by a"stockholders" and ran into the ground by a rich brat- Who then asks for "donations" on top of a sub fee.

That said, I voted for both.

Why would I vote for MO, you may be wondering? I did it for the lulz.. I would LOVE to see how steam handles this bugf ridden mess with corrupt GMs and would love to see MO publicly thrown off of steam for corrupt GMs and a broken game- But that cannot happen if we do not VOTE. So VOTE MO.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

You knuckleheads do realize that the game can stay on the pre-greenlight  vote list nearly indefinately?

And im just saying...what if getting it greenlit would give these developers enough money to hire real programmers to fix the game?  And then you guys wouldnt have to lurk the forums of sandbox games trolling the developers anymore.

(no i dont play MO and yes its terrible)

Just saying...why does everyone want to see sandbox games die so much?  Not enough themeparks out there?

• SieniDieniSieniDieni Member Posts: 6
    Ill vote yes when the game nodes can handle more people or the devs put in more starting areas to split the hordes of new players that steam would bring in.
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

You knuckleheads do realize that the game can stay on the pre-greenlight  vote list nearly indefinately?

And im just saying...what if getting it greenlit would give these developers enough money to hire real programmers to fix the game?  And then you guys wouldnt have to lurk the forums of sandbox games trolling the developers anymore.

Just saying...why does everyone want to see sandbox games die so much?  Not enough themeparks out there?

I love sandbox games.  I just prefer my sandbox games to be functional and developed by trustworthy companies.  Similarly I enjoyed the FPS survival feel of DayZ but wouldn't touch WarZ with a 10ft pole. 

I wont eat a burnt steak, but it doesnt mean I dont like steak.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

lol, in all honesty, you don't want to buy anything through steam anyway. CS is absolutely horrendous for Steam, and their "app" is a glorified pop up window.

Every time I used Steam before I wised up I had problems with their customer support. Abysmal.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

Originally posted by Aeonblades

lol, in all honesty, you don't want to buy anything through steam anyway. CS is absolutely horrendous for Steam, and their "app" is a glorified pop up window.

Every time I used Steam before I wised up I had problems with their customer support. Abysmal.

What are you talking about? Ive never had an issue with Steam in over 50 titles.

Originally posted by Hancakes

What are you talking about? Ive never had an issue with Steam in over 50 titles.

Not everyone has the same experience with every company, but Steam has been less than helpful to me in the purchase of 4 games before I let them go.

I still never got my money back for buying Rift through steam for the fiance, even though it didn't work and I never received my code.

Not everyone has the same experience with every company, but Steam has been less than helpful to me in the purchase of 4 games before I let them go.

I still never got my money back for buying Rift through steam for the fiance, even though it didn't work and I never received my code.

Needing help with your last 4 purchases doesn't sound like a Steam issue.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Code? The game should be automatically added to your library, I am not sure what code you'd need. If you purchased the game from third party site (instead of steams shop) which said they'd send you a code you can activate on steam, steam has nothing to do with it.

In this thread: Steam fanboys. You guys are so hostile lol, just because you worship a company doesn't mean others do. Good day.

No I didn't "need help with a purchase" I wanted what I paid for, which for this company is a crime apparently.

In this thread: Steam fanboys. You guys are so hostile lol, just because you worship a company doesn't mean others do. Good day.

No I didn't "need help with a purchase" I wanted what I paid for, which for this company is a crime apparently.

You said you had issues with the last 4 games you purchased from Steam.  What other part of that transaction would be Steams fault?

There are 5,642,871 people using Steam right now, would this be the case if it was really that problematic?

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Um, Im not fanboying, I am just pointing out that when buying from steam you usually need no code.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Glad they didn't make it thought the Greenlight on Steam. I think it also has to do with MO's 'achievement' of killing negative feedback :D
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Glad they didn't make it thought the Greenlight on Steam. I think it also has to do with MO's 'achievement' of killing negative feedback :D

All that time and effort, yet it still failed image

Originally posted by Reizla

All that time and effort, yet it still failed image

I do think it says something...

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

Honestly i'm glad this game didn't make the Greenlight. It's an amazing game lead by a bunch of damn idiots. They take players from guilds and big alliances and let them become GM's that can monitor your payment and personal information as well as ban you at will. 

It's also plagued with hacks, dupes, and just corruption in their staff all around. I use to support this game but since they want to ban me for having "third party" tools installed (not running but installed) I'm simply done. Any of you considering this game should not waste your time. You put yourself at risk playing when stuff like this happens:

Originally posted by Celusios I use to support this game but since they want to ban me for having "third party" tools installed (not running but installed) I'm simply done.

I find that VERY hard to believe!  Its bad enough if SV is scanning your system for running processes, but having free reign over your hardrive is just absurd. Plus SVs detection has always been a joke.

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

I want to quote this from a similar case on the official forums:

When a GM helps you out he will use our tools to do so.
    In those tools the GM have noticed you have/have had a illegal-program running while playing the game.
    So he banned you. The tools are correct but this does NOT mean that you had the program running the same day or the day before. But you did indeed have it running at one point while running our game.

I can see how this would be frustrating for you, some of these programs can, I guess, be used for other things. But you have to see this from our side, we can not tolerate any instance of running these programs with our game. We need to have a strict hard rule here that's all we can do.

On a separate note I'm not sure you are allowed to talk about bans on the forums, if not sorry mods for responding to this but he seems like a nice guy.

Starvault is scanning your machine for traces of any known third party tools and banning you accordingly. You could of had a program they deem "bad" not even running on the game but in another process and get banned just the same. The first part however made me laugh. I'm supposed to believe they have some sort of "log" that "logs" a user running Cheat Engine but does not ban them that moment rather it's logged for any instance a GM is called in. Yeah... okay.

Source of the quote: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/unjustified-ban.82951/#post-1426723

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

See that is the issue kids today get  off on ruining  others work because they don't work and most are living with momma,so they think its so easy to design and make a game when they have no clue what it takes to do it, so they rather bash a game, I have seen users quit a game for a few years and still go to a forum to troll/bash them , its like are you that butt hurt or that hatefull that you have to go to a old game that you disliked forums to do this?? I mean cmon ..

We have enough Themeparks, so what if its bug ridden, play it or leave it alone, but if someone wants to continue to develop it so what , what is it hurting you? Atleast they had the balls to try and make something different unlike all of the AAA companys that make clones and or steal other ideas.

I 'm sick of Themeparks..