Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any word on beta schedule?

Derza10Derza10 Member Posts: 70
As the title says... I have looked around but i was unable to find any information about when the beta might start. 

Comments

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    No info yet, but likely to be the back end of this month, If you are chosen or legacy then you will receive an email.
  • jskeets916jskeets916 Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Originally posted by Derza10
    As the title says... I have looked around but i was unable to find any information about when the beta might start. 

I believe its mid-Feb 2013, but no exact date. There will be like 4 phases each 1-4wks with 1-2wks in between. More excited for phase 4 since characters will be carried over to release. So imo phase4 for is kinda like a early release start. Woot. But thats still looking to be a April-May release?

Is there a source for this? I've heard several people stating this but from my own research/review of the roadmap this wasn't confirmed in such a way that it seems to be tossed around on forums as it is so much considered...

Also believe they did state they are leaving open the possiblity of potential circumstances for character wipe

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by jskeets916

I believe its mid-Feb 2013, but no exact date. There will be like 4 phases each 1-4wks with 1-2wks in between. More excited for phase 4 since characters will be carried over to release. So imo phase4 for is kinda like a early release start. Woot. But thats still looking to be a April-May release?

Is there a source for this? I've heard several people stating this but from my own research/review of the roadmap this wasn't confirmed in such a way that it seems to be tossed around on forums as it is so much considered...

Also believe they did state they are leaving open the possiblity of potential circumstances for character wipe

The roadmap is the closest thing we have to reasonable fact; the dates people are throwing around are pure conjecture.

That said, the 2-4 weeks is a best case-worst case scenario of how long each phase will last.  Though even then there may be something that arises during that time to extend it, or the weeks inbetween where they work on reported issues.  But given those dates we could see the actual release anywhere between late second quarter to late third.

There was supposedly a "leak" regarding the projected release date that was from last November stating that it would release late summer of 2013, but that was not really confirmed as a source despite the roadmap somewhat resembling it.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

The roadmap is the closest thing we have to reasonable fact; the dates people are throwing around are pure conjecture.

That said, the 2-4 weeks is a best case-worst case scenario of how long each phase will last.  Though even then there may be something that arises during that time to extend it, or the weeks inbetween where they work on reported issues.  But given those dates we could see the actual release anywhere between late second quarter to late third.

There was supposedly a "leak" regarding the projected release date that was from last November stating that it would release late summer of 2013, but that was not really confirmed as a source despite the roadmap somewhat resembling it.

Ah yes that information i am aware of i was actually referring to the statement about character data transfer from 1.0 to launch of 2.0.  I've heard a few people make that claim and am just curious as to it's derivative

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Ah yes that information i am aware of i was actually referring to the statement about character data transfer from 1.0 to launch of 2.0.  I've heard a few people make that claim and am just curious as to it's derivative

Character data transfers have been mentioned several times during the course of 1.0 and especially when the 1.0 was shut down.

From the very beginning the director has made perfectly clear that whatever progress people make in 1.0 will be carried over to the new game. Otherwise keeping the 1.0 service running would have been meaningless.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
    Originally posted by Hyanmen

Character data transfers have been mentioned several times during the course of 1.0 and especially when the 1.0 was shut down.

From the very beginning the director has made perfectly clear that whatever progress people make in 1.0 will be carried over to the new game. Otherwise keeping the 1.0 service running would have been meaningless.

Wow thats awesome considering i had a few 50s and a craft to 50 before i quit about 16 months ago, i'm glad i won't have to regrind them however its also still hard for me to swallow because im interested on how that will effect the economy.

Are items, gear, gil, and things of that nature going to transfer over as well? I'm assuming with the scale of the changes they are making that would be some feat to pull off but i have faith in Yoshi-P if thats the plan.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Are items, gear, gil, and things of that nature going to transfer over as well? I'm assuming with the scale of the changes they are making that would be some feat to pull off but i have faith in Yoshi-P if thats the plan.

Yes. Only progression on unfinished quests is going to be lost, according to the info given so far.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
    That's awesome can't wait

Don't be alarmed when you log in and see that you only have 10% of the gil you used to.  They are reducing the gil by 90% for everyone, but making NPC prices drop by the same amount so there will only be a very slight loss (if any) in purchasing power.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.

Don't be alarmed when you log in and see that you only have 10% of the gil you used to.  They are reducing the gil by 90% for everyone, but making NPC prices drop by the same amount so there will only be a very slight loss (if any) in purchasing power.

Ahh a very good idea im glad to hear that.  Will be reminiscent of ffxi and should make for a more stable economy. 

On a curious note just by chance either of you played up until the end of 1.0, I wanted to know if items i had when i quit (i had just finished first dungeon content with batraal fight being latest, had initial company main rewards, R50 Lancer and Archer and Conj if that helps) are up to par with that of when the game ended?

I'm sure my gear was out dated by some margin, but was it significant? Also was Dodore's Doublet still of value?

Ha thanks if able to answer

Ahh a very good idea im glad to hear that.  Will be reminiscent of ffxi and should make for a more stable economy. 

On a curious note just by chance either of you played up until the end of 1.0, I wanted to know if items i had when i quit (i had just finished first dungeon content with batraal fight being latest, had initial company main rewards, R50 Lancer and Archer and Conj if that helps) are up to par with that of when the game ended?

I'm sure my gear was out dated by some margin, but was it significant? Also was Dodore's Doublet still of value?

It would be hard to say due to the servers have their own economies.  Though every quest is either being deleted or redone in 2.0, so you will basically be free to start from the beginning and earn rewards from there.

Crafting will be updated and resources will be easier to gather and be more abundant; melding should be a lot easier as well.  The value of items will have to be resituated as if it were a new economy.  The characters will be appearing five years into the future, so it's like time traveling and having to learn how the value of gil has inflated or deflated and try to determine how abundant things are with current items and what their worth is in that circumstance.

It was said that Primal Weapons will still be available at some point, and in some way after 2.0 is launched.  The stories that lead you there have come and gone, but the items will still be there to get (we just don't know how yet; presumably through boss battles still).

If you had any gil at all and some decent gear you should be alright; I'd imagine you'd want to start a new class just to play through the new storylines in any case.

That said, if you're a legacy member or get invited into beta, you could test how easy it is to get resources and craft for yourself and prepare from there.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

It would be hard to say due to the servers have their own economies.  Though every quest is either being deleted or redone in 2.0, so you will basically be free to start from the beginning and earn rewards from there.

Crafting will be updated and resources will be easier to gather and be more abundant; melding should be a lot easier as well.  The value of items will have to be resituated as if it were a new economy.  The characters will be appearing five years into the future, so it's like time traveling and having to learn how the value of gil has inflated or deflated and try to determine how abundant things are with current items and what their worth is in that circumstance.

It was said that Primal Weapons will still be available at some point, and in some way after 2.0 is launched.  The stories that lead you there have come and gone, but the items will still be there to get (we just don't know how yet; presumably through boss battles still).

If you had any gil at all and some decent gear you should be alright; I'd imagine you'd want to start a new class just to play through the new storylines in any case.

That said, if you're a legacy member or get invited into beta, you could test how easy it is to get resources and craft for yourself and prepare from there.

Pretty much as Yaevindusk said, A lot of player have moved on from primal and artifact gear, and are melding and working on Vanya and Darksteel, some skirmish weapons are superior to some primal weapons because of the ability to meld., until we can get the relics.  Though saying that some weapons are circumstantial and I will be carrying 3 or 4 different weapons on my Thm/Blm.

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    The game has changed so much that I actually cannot wait to give it a go. I did apply for beta and have high hopes this time around.