Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ALTERNATIVE TO DAY-Z OR WAR-Z(day-z clone)

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Originally posted by mcool

i agree but the main problem i have is advertising, even if everything was perfect, it is still difficult to raise donations since i havent got gameplay and the contacts

advertisng is the main problem for me, i'am editing the page on the go. i made the font of questions different from the rest since i thought it might look good, i guess not. 

its so stressful doing it by myself,i wish i had help or the money so i wouldnt need to use indiegogo..thanks for the advice

If you're genuinely capable of delivering the game you promised on a $5500 budget, then you're also capable of taking some other job, saving up $5500 over the course of however many months or years, and then funding your game that way.

• mcoolmcool Member UncommonPosts: 122

you obviously didn't read my proposal.

i CLEARLY stated that these sketches represent our game idea. i NEVER said they were mine..

in fact , i used to work with a company called digitialartflow  

http://www.digitalartflow.com/  i paid them for drawings but they ended leaving and recieved nothing in the end,,

read the whole proposal before you make assumptions

• rottNrottN Member Posts: 161
    i smell a scammer..

you can either donate or ignore. one way or another , i will get this funded.. 

the main reason most of you havent donated is mainly because there is no video to showcase. its so costly getting a demo 

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

you obviously didn't read my proposal.

i CLEARLY stated that these sketches represent our game idea. i NEVER said they were mine..

in fact , i used to work with a company called digitialartflow  

http://www.digitalartflow.com/  i paid them for drawings but they ended leaving and recieved nothing in the end,,

read the whole proposal before you make assumptions

Show something original (as in created by you) before begging for money and I will stop making assumptions.

-Anyhow, this thread is becoming very interesting-

What Engine are you going to use? What launguage will this be written in? Any other projects out there you have done even in an amature capacity?

• Godshelp12Godshelp12 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    edited August 2015

Post edited by Godshelp12 on
    Originally posted by rottN
    i smell a scammer..

Me too- And I am tired of it. This hurt legitimate projects.

• NewfrNewfr Member UncommonPosts: 133

crowdfunding is still new and not at the level its supposed to be. lets be honest, indie games have reputation of experimentng too much.

Kickstarter released a some kind of report about their results in 2012. Games had the most money pledged at $83 million (by half a million people). Great result if you ask me. And you know, people not going to throw money at you just because you are indie developer and come with "look guys, i have a great idea in my mind now give me your money" thing (if you are not Obsidian or Brian Fargo).

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325

I've been here since 2004 and all you guys wana do is poke holes in my scam and complain about my vaporware.

Stop buying these other titles and pay me money instead.

Originally posted by rdrpappy

I've been here since 2004 and all you guys wana do is poke holes in my scam and complain about my vaporware.

Hmmm- I wasnt sure and then I looked and you have, in fact, beeen here since 04. I am sending my Jew Gold as we speak. =)

i can only show you my GDD , which i wont because it is not needed. i'am not an artist or a programmer. i simply create projects and then outsource the work

the game engine is UNITY. i believe the language is c# (not too sure) 

yes I have , but those project are deleted. digitialartflow was the company I used to get a working demo, but the whole situation got messy ,they ended up closing down.but they have re-opened

• rottNrottN Member Posts: 161
    Originally posted by Jacxolope
    Originally posted by rdrpappy

Hmmm- I wasnt sure and then I looked and you have, in fact, beeen here since 04. I am sending my Jew Gold as we speak. =)

03 BI*CHES! :D

edited August 2015

[Delete]

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

You're not an artist. You're not a programmer. You only outsource but the one instance of outsourcing you mention took your money and didn't get you anything.

Okay.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

do you know what even sadder?  the fact none of you bothered to read my indiegogo campaign proposal and have jumped to all sorts of conclusions.

i'am outsourcing my work. i have a fair knowledge of game development but nothing too serious just enough to get started. 

i told you the game is using c# and the game engine is on unity. what do you want from me? 

i shouldnt even be here since most if not all think this is a scam, i'amclueless on how you got to that conclusion. my pitch should have answered all your questions. but i guess "reading" is so old school..

well thanks for looking at the pitch. making updates now

I'm starting to think this thread was outsourced.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    its more complicated than that. but in a nutshell, yes. the game dev is a team i know personally, i know the lead designer and the two programmers. 
    if your not going to help , just go. your views aren't welcome
    edited August 2015

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I've given up on call of duty actually.  They're going to use the same graphics for the next 20 releases, at least Battlefield updates thier graphics :)

The problem with Call of Duty is much like WoW.  It's THE game of the genre.  "Everyone else plays that game, so why shouldn't I?"  When there are much better games out there.  Battlefield 3 is still better than any CoD, yet in almost every gaming site they give CoD higher scores than Battlefield 3 got. 

Originally posted by Grunty
    I'm starting to think this thread was outsourced.

LOL- You are the winner of the thread. That was seriiosly funny and clever.

Maybe you could outsource your work and write up a clever pitch . =D

i have an idea which i would like to get funded, simple. if i was a conman, i wouldn;t respond to any of your replies. i already know your not going to donate or share. i aree the campaign isnt as strong as i would hope but i'am constantly making changes

the fact is, getting a demo up and ready is too expensive, it cost  the same amount as the game. to get a programmer ,artist, animator etc all ready to make demo on a shoestring budget isnt feasible. 

i spoke with the game dev team about my idea for months,and they agreed to work onit for a low price. there is so much more on this topic but i doubt you would care. 

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Personally, I want to see a semi-functional demo or at least a dev walkthrough showcasing whatever tools they are using to see what they have built so far... something like the Repopulation did in their Kickstarter with their HeroEngine demos.

I also have no problem with "paid beta" like what GGG did with Path of Exile, which I've been playing off and on for many months and will certainly pay for more at launch.

People will pay money for indie and will certainly put up money for crowdsource that is showing progress, you just have to be a good way into the project first. Ideas are good, implementation is better.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.