Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What pushes you away from this game?

13»

Comments

• legendsololegendsolo Member UncommonPosts: 81

there is only one quest ,Shield of Arrav, where you need a partner...

reason why i stopped after 7 years, i played all the fun out of it. whenever i see an opportunity to make some money i take it, i really have to stop it...ruined every game i've played. greedy me...

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by elocke

Graphics and controls.  

This ^

• IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252

-Horrible graphics

-Outdated gameplay

-Probably the most grindy non koreanf2p game ever

-No actual interesting plot ( i am a lore junkie)

-Elistist community

The game has a few good ideas which would be cool if implemented in a new gen mmo,  but other than that....

And to those who say "The game can be x if you make it to", that is a fallacy that can be applied to even playing with a rock in the park.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Looking at the latest news one of the "Updates" I see says Double Cash this Weekend on Squeal of Fortune! and in the top discussion I see Scary Bonus XP Weekent! Which means putting 60 minutes of effort in doesn't always mean 60 minutes of results but sometimes a few hours or more. Which means that the one thing which  once made Runescape good isn't there anymore since you can buy XP or be on at certain times to get more XP.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004

I levelled my Summoning skill, I am now level 93.

21-Oct-2012 04:57

Levelled up Dungeoneering.

21-Oct-2012 04:50

Levelled up Prayer.

21-Oct-2012 04:49

21-Oct-2012 04:49

Levelled all skills over 93

21-Oct-2012 04:46

Levelled up Prayer.

Levelled up Attack.

21-Oct-2012 04:45

Levelled all skills over 92

21-Oct-2012 04:44

21-Oct-2012 04:44

My adventure log is an example of how easy it is with SOF + bonus xp just for pretty much logging in and clicking a few xp lamps and not even 15 min in game. Also pretty much got handed 40 mil on SOF too. So, it literally takes no effort what so ever to level up.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• RPGForeverRPGForever Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM

Runescape has very interesting quests and I really enjoyed doing them, but combat is very obsolete and too much grind. If they reduce it or at least make it very rewarding experience, I won't play it again. Everything else is okay, huge world, good graphics (for a browser game), decend music (they still use midi instead of mp3 quality sounds but you get used to it), huge community, big economy etc.

The main reason i don't playi s that after hours of grinding like mining, makes you fill like a bot. Mine 30 coals run to bank and store them, then run back to mine etc.. You get like 120 xp per coal and you need like 10 mill xp for max? Calculate how many months you will be doing the same thing until you reach you goal. This game will melt your brain down. However, it is very addictive and thats dangerous mix!

I don't understand the obsession of people with maxing, I love leveling as anyone else and I take advantage of any event made by Jagex in which bonus xp is offered but it just don't care about it, when I am in the mood and have enough money or resources banked I deliberately grind some skills but when I generally run out of resources before I get bored. I only play, I just worry about having fun and the skilling will come as a consequence of my everyday playing. I really enjoy my high levels I have amassed in all these years of game but I really expect my maxing delays years and years because the dreamed 99 in all levels keep me motivated and playing, well I think I will find hard the day when I get 99 in all and all the quests done, what else will I do? well I have faith more skills and more quests will be added in the years to come so I always will have something new to do in the vast world of Gielinor.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

If I could play it with the 2005/2006 client and graphics and without the combat upgrade and the move toward their version of raiding (drops are not only slightly better than crafted but way better).  Then I'd sub back in a heartbeat.  Even if my membership would no longer be $5

*Edit, also the community has taken a dive for the worst.  Maybe I was getting older but I feel like even playing when I was younger everyone seemed to be more mature than half the players you run into now

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I still jump in and play occasionally, but it gets monotonous fast. It's way too grindy.
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by bigsmiff
    I still jump in and play occasionally, but it gets monotonous fast. It's way too grindy.

ive noticed that.  In reality it is probably because those we played with made it enjoyable.  I just looked at my maxed friends list (was 200 at the time don't know if it still is) and 3 people were on.  It was the chatting to pass the time while you chopped a tree that actually made chopping a tree fun

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr
    Originally posted by bigsmiff

It was the chatting to pass the time while you chopped a tree that actually made chopping a tree fun

That's what keeps me logging in. When I am bored of other MMO's, I log in to Runescape and cut some wood while I watch TV.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by syrusmag3

What pushes you away from runescape?

tried it once for a couple minutes, years ago. Noticed it didnt have WASD movement...... uninstalled forever. 

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    Originally posted by syrusmag3

What pushes you away from runescape?

tried it once for a couple minutes, years ago. Noticed it didnt have WASD movement...... uninstalled forever. 

How do you uninstall a browser game O.o

• akita894akita894 Member Posts: 6
    As of 2010. EVERYTHING.
  • KoukikidKoukikid Member Posts: 28
    hands down controls, the lag between clicks... not for me