Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The new Shadowbane exploit

ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257

was fixed in 2 days..

Took OSI (UO) 3 years or more to close up there dupes, ohh wait, they still happen 7 years later...

No game is perfict. If there is a will there is a way.

People bash on how buggy SB is when other games are buggier currently.. (WoW.. servers down for a week? DAoC is trashed becasue of the new stuff added lately.. the list goes on..)

Noone will ever make a perfict game. If they could, they would be god. The new Shadowbane devs, are demi-gods, becasue they have fixed SB. Its more playable in big seiges than these other games.

Have you ever had a 200 player fight in WoW?(No, will never happen)

Have you been teleported away from a relic raid because of to many people in one zone in DAoC?(yes, I have, and its highly annoying)

Comments

• MaxziusMaxzius Member UncommonPosts: 248

I love this game as much as you do, Xaero, but this game is done.

No game is perfect, as you said, but this game can not afford to still have dupes (no, they are not fixed as I just logged on to check the one that I sent Ashen over a month ago) and can definately not afford to still have as many PvP exploits as this game does.

This game is totally about PvP, there is no other content. PvP exploits have to be fixed as soon as they are found, not left alone for a year and a half until someone posts how to use them point by point on the Shadowbane forums.

Now, I have never and will never play WoW, but your comparisons to DAoC and WoW are meaningless as Shadowbane is an entirely different type of game. PvP in WoW is an afterthought and PvP in DAoC is, in my opinion, a totally stupid zergfest with no real reason to PvP. The closest game on the market that I have played to compare SB to is Star Wars Galaxies and that game has just as many bugs, if not more, as SB does.

Where does that leave me, you ask?

Hoping that ToA is as good as it sounds...

=====================
    -Just My Thoughts-
    Max

Currently playing: Nothing

• zxJusticexzzxJusticexz Member Posts: 18
    Kingdom of the Unnamed can still dupe to this day.

• ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257

I have a friend who has duped gold in Ultima Online still, roughly 12 million left. WoW has a serverup dupe thats very very very hard to do, but its there.

Where is this "kingdom" anyway? You have all rank 7 stuff? Duping doesnt really help since there are limits on how much gold you can have now..

Originally posted by -Xaero-
    Duping doesnt really help since there are limits on how much gold you can have now..

Dupe a couple mil, spend it. Dupe a couple more mil, spend it. etc., etc., etc...

=====================
    -Just My Thoughts-
    Max

• MorridinMorridin Member Posts: 34
    How would you keep duping when the dupe gets fixed?  The gold limits were a great addition because duping now is only an advantage until the dupe is closed.
    If you don't know how to get around that then either you haven't tried to think about it or you are just not good at problem solving.

• MorridinMorridin Member Posts: 34
    ...or maybe I've never duped.
  • HubabubaHubabuba Member Posts: 229

Duping doesnt really help since there are limits on how much gold you can have now..

Thats sad, rather than fix duping problems they just capped how much gold you can have...thats the worst fix I've ever seen.

They fixed the dupes too... Durr

Actually, no, they didn't...

=====================
    -Just My Thoughts-
    Max

Since we have been able to dupe for so long, I believe that they can't fix it due to how the game is coded or they just don't know about it or how to fix it.  Personally I believe the second, I have talked with dev teams in many games and there are certain measures to make an mmo secure from duping.  It would probably slow down the game even further though.  So instead of fixing the problem they try to mask it.  (gold cap)

Originally posted by Maxzius

Yes they did. You cant make items negtive durability anymore, you cant create r8 banes for free, the trade/steal/drop ones were fixed.

Most of them within days of discovery. Why dont you do us a favor and tell the dev's how to do it so they can fix it? Ohh wait, your just saying that.. they are fixed.

So why are you so blindly defending SB?  Are you working on security measures for them?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

You said yourself - "Most of them within days of discovery

1. They can't discover what doesn't go public. 

2. Mostly what they discover has been something that has leaked to the public from a guild with a loudmouth in it. 

3. As far as fixing bugs that have been around forever that are discovered within a few days... there system does nothing to people that have been doing it for a while and laundering off the benefits.

I remember quite vividly their failed attempts to try to fix the issues by investigating accounts and banning them because they bought or traded for items that they claimed were duped (some of which were banned for a few weeks and came back with all their duped items) Many of these were innocents that just traded with someone. 

After this failure they introduced another failure, the gold cap.  The gold cap was a joke to say the least with a month to prepare everyone and their mother releases that gold is not the only item of value. 

You can dupe all you want, but when it come to PvP, it takes skills, not how much money you have.

Yes they did. You cant make items negtive durability anymore, you cant create r8 banes for free, the trade/steal/drop ones were fixed.

Most of them within days of discovery. Why dont you do us a favor and tell the dev's how to do it so they can fix it? Ohh wait, your just saying that.. they are fixed.

I usually don't keep arguing with someone who just will not accept actual facts but here we go one last time...

I have sent the dupe to Ashen 2x so far and nothing has been done except for me getting free play time. I am not going to post how the dupe works on public forums because I'd rather SB not die but let's just say that your wrong and the trade/steal/drop ones were NOT FIXED.

=====================
    -Just My Thoughts-
    Max

I usually don't keep arguing with someone who just will not accept actual facts but here we go one last time...

I have sent the dupe to Ashen 2x so far and nothing has been done except for me getting free play time. I am not going to post how the dupe works on public forums because I'd rather SB not die but let's just say that your wrong and the trade/steal/drop ones were NOT FIXED.

Wouldnt duped gold inflate the economy like stated in that other thread?

Why are prices going DOWN instead of UP then? Duping raises prices inflates the economy.. Wrath for an example, 40 ints went for 20 million becasue of that.. here on vind, the prices have gone down. 2.5 million gold is expensive for a 40 int... Ive seen them sell for lower..

Where is this gold? Town ranking? Not an excuse, if you have been doing it since "serverup" or hell last week, your town is fully ranked, r7... meaning you start buying what you need, runes, for good prices. 5 - 6 million easy.. We sell all our 40's (because 35's are just as good), we get 2 - 3 million for them, sometimes... I can farm 2 million in a couple days...

Money is worthless, PvP is where its at.

• EbeOneEbeOne Member Posts: 124

Wouldnt duped gold inflate the economy like stated in that other thread?
    Why are prices going DOWN instead of UP then? Duping raises prices inflates the economy.. Wrath for an example, 40 ints went for 20 million becasue of that.. here on vind, the prices have gone down. 2.5 million gold is expensive for a 40 int... Ive seen them sell for lower..
    Where is this gold? Town ranking? Not an excuse, if you have been doing it since "serverup" or hell last week, your town is fully ranked, r7... meaning you start buying what you need, runes, for good prices. 5 - 6 million easy.. We sell all our 40's (because 35's are just as good), we get 2 - 3 million for them, sometimes... I can farm 2 million in a couple days...
    Money is worthless, PvP is where its at.

He did not say everyone was doing it, just a few.

Maybe it would take more to hurt the economy.

Ebe ------ SWG -- ShadowFire -- Closed
    Ann ----- SWG -- ShadowFire -- Closed
    Zoo'xu -- SWG -- ShadowFire -- Closed