Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions bout gear

evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131

hi guys, recently i was just switching around my gear sets and i discovered something odd, lets say i had 2 rings:

ring a:

77 dex, 77 int, 3% crit chance, 24% crit dmg

ring b:

120int, 100 vit , 4% crit chance

I thought that ring B has higher Dps due to extra int but when i swapped to ring a , i saw that the dmg which are reflectedd in my stats window are higher. The same goes for u know wizard energy armor rune: pinpoint(5% crit) and prismatic(25% resist).  Is it meant to be working that way?

Comments

• C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Member UncommonPosts: 365
    Equip your Carrot on a Stick and your DPS will increase to 15200. Plus whenever you forget to equip your potion of lesser try harding you will still be able to fall back on the fact that you still don't care more than most other players you see. Couple that with an elixir of meatflap and equip a frosty doo rag, you will just be unstoppable. 
  • Gabriel-KnightGabriel-Knight Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by sadWinds

hi guys, recently i was just switching around my gear sets and i discovered something odd, lets say i had 2 rings:

ring a:

77 dex, 77 int, 3% crit chance, 24% crit dmg

ring b:

120int, 100 vit , 4% crit chance

I thought that ring B has higher Dps due to extra int but when i swapped to ring a , i saw that the dmg which are reflectedd in my stats window are higher. The same goes for u know wizard energy armor rune: pinpoint(5% crit) and prismatic(25% resist).  Is it meant to be working that way?

The game makes an aproximate calculation with every item you change, taking every single stat that can modify your attack power and "rounding" it, but when they have Crit % and Crit Damage is really hard to put a specific number. It varies a lot according to your build.

For example, i use a Wizard basicaly builded around crits, with almost 40% using pretty crappy gear, so items with Crit Damage are going to be more useful than just raw intelligence.

Basically, if you use Energy Armor with + 5% Crit Rating, probably Ring A is going to be better to you.