Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is A Fallout Television Series In The Works?

firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

A new trademark filing by Bethesda Softworks suggests the possibility that the company is working on developing a TV series based on its Fallout RPG franchise.

In a posting on The Vault, writer Conor Murton noticed the filing with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, which seeks a trademark for "Fallout" for the purpose of "Entertainment services in the nature of an on-going television program set in a post-nuclear apocalyptic world."

Obviously, companies file trademarks all the time, even if they don't intend to develop properties for those trademarks, sometimes only to prevent other companies from infringing on their IPs. However, a Fallout TV show would definitely be an intriguing project.

Source: The Vault

Comments

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

God I hope not...

Unless they really do it "right" (which is rare) it will be just another cash grab using an IP that I love.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Most likely filed to prevent others from using it
  • PhayzPhayz Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Dunno about this, but I know they are making a television series on Battlefield: Bad Company.
  • ZairuZairu Member Posts: 469
    they have announced that FO4 is in the works.  it might be related to that, in one way or another.
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Other sites are reporting this as well, made me remember this awsome fan film from a few years ago that did very well on Y-Tube http://youtu.be/Q9UwlAAnlmg

Personaly I have always been fascinated by post apocalyptic fiction. Would love to see a show based in the FAlout setting..............As long as it's not based around the Brotherhood of steal. Those guys are tools! ;)