Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your favorite Bethesda Softworks game?

13»

Comments

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Morrowind all day baby! That was a truly sandbox experience! It has only gotten worse to me. So many amazing things in morrowind that will most likely never be done again. I remember seeing the wandering warrior who had this INSANE green axe when i was wandering around low lvls. He whooped my arse no matter how many loads and retries i attempted. I found him later on in the game and decided to beat the game with his weapon. By the time i reached the last boss with 300 hours saved i killed it in one hit then killed his heart in 2 hits! By far my gratest experience ever in a 3d rpg.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

1.Morrowind

2.Skyrim second also becouse of its much improved dungeon design and not one is the same.

I like the MODS more in morrowind becouse when i installed one it felt like it realy gave me something more and realy add to game experience.

In skyrim i just click and i have the mod and so many its not realy special at all anymore.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Fallout 3 and Skyrim, sunk far too many hours into both but think Fallout 3 just pips it. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Originally posted by Gishgeron
    Originally posted by m0lly
    one of these threads where you need to say the oldest game that compnay have made just to be cool.

Nah thats just silly.  I couldn't get into Daggerfall.  I mean, its was too large and most the space wasn't anything at all.  Most people are going to say Morrowind because of how perfect the design of that game was.  The reason we've lost many of those elements was because Bethesda was trying out new tech for AI and the stuff was getting process heavy and making development time longer.  So we have more "alive" NPCS in a smaller world.  Skyrim really refined that element by adding repeat quests to keep the game moving even after you've done the fluff.

If you did a side by side list of what each game had going for it, Morrowind probably sits at the top of the pile for a variety of things.  Technology just cannot be awesome enough yet to do all the things Bethesda wants to.  Plus they wanna keep changing things up so we don't start feeling like we are playing the same game over and over.  Which is wise.  I just lament what we've lost is all.

I actually truly like Morrowind a lot more than Oblivion. I never had the GOTY and there were never the big mods for Morrowind when I played. But Morrowind with the graphics overhaul mod looks epic, and think it looks better than Oblivion and art wise...better than Skyrim. And I've sunk more hours into Morrowind than any other game I bought or was gifted in 2012...and I only got (someone/anon on MMORPG.com gifted it to me) Morrowind GOTY a few days ago lol.

If I was to redo my vote, it would go to Morrowind. I've been having a blast.

And one thing I really like, that sold me. Was that quests aren't a "HERE IS AN ARROW! HERE LOOK I'M BLINKING! GO HERE! ARE YOU BLIND?? I"M A BIG ARROW"...and if you turn off the dumb arrow...there is no way to do the quest because the quest journal was 99% removed from the previous games...

you actually have to talk to NPCs for information on quests in Morrowind, and actually explore and investigate to complete the quests. Even Oblivion had a proper quest log, not as good as Morrowind, but it was still good and you could turn off quest markers and still do the quests.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Morrowind, by a MILE. It;s the last great game the studio made.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The thing with Morrowind all the crazy stuff, like boots of blinding speed as mentioned, that giant crab that was a merchant, making your own spells, stiltriders.

Oblivion was a step in the wrong direction, very "consoley"

Skyrim brings it back, it feels more alien (though not as much as Morrowind), more imersive world. I like the leveling system best of the 3 in skyrim too. Also I think trimming off acrobatics and running and what have you was for the good.

For tes 6 I hope.
    They set it in elswher or black marsh to bring back the weirdness of Morrowind.
    They introduce riding and or mounted combat as skill trees.
    They look at games like mount and blade, war of the roses and chivalry for how they do the melee combat / mounted combat.
    They introduce 2 player coop so you can play with a friend instead of a companion. (not big parties though would unbalance it)
    They bring back making your own spells
    they bring back mutually exclusive organisations you can join like the 3 dark elf houses in Morrowind.
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Hunted The Demon's Forge
  • HermodHermod Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Morrowind, say no more
  • RossbossRossboss Member Posts: 240
    Since I have only played Fallout 3, I'm going to have to go with Fallout 3. The FPS + VATS was a great feature for some of us slower players who can't hit a barn with a Fat Man. That being said, I enjoyed the storyline and the freedom that came with the open world after I completed the main chain of quests. I'm probably going to pick up Oblivion sometime soon, I've heard great things about it and modding is definitely in my interests (My computer can't really handle Skyrim).

I played WoW up until WotLK, played RoM for 2 years and now Rift.
    I am F2P player. I support games when I feel they deserve my money and I want the items enough.
    I don't troll, and I don't take kindly to trolls.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

My favorite Bethesda title?  Very hard to say since I've liked their RPGs a whole lot when they're released, and I often come back to them.  In that last regard, Fallout 3 so far has been the most frequent "going back home" kind of gaming.

Another thing worth mentioning is Bethesda titles and mods.  Most especially since Morrowind, their RPGs have gotten alot of mod attention as the years progressed.  Oblivion, Fallout 3 (FONV is not made by Bethesda), and Skyrim have received a tremedous amount of mods.  For me, Mods + Bethesda RPGs go hand in hand.

Note:  I also cannot recommend Vanilla Oblivion.  If there was one thing about that game that killed it for me, it was the obscene levelling the game does as you progress.  Essentially it kills any sense of progression you make with your character.  This is most especially true for my friends that played the console version of Oblivion, and none of them have ever beat that version of Oblivion.  Me, I just quite playing Oblivion until some mods did heavily tweaked that game's levelling feature.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

Ross
    Get Morrowind and the improved graphics mods.

Much much better than oblivion.

Oblivion is hampered by a bad console port, a silly leveling system and a rather bland genetic fantasy world compared to skyrim & Morrowind.

Also you might like fall out new Vegas, I personally find it better than plain fallout 3.

Finally if you play fallout 3 you might be able to play skyrim. As a rough guess if you can play fallout3 on high you could play skyrim on medium, or if you can play it on medium you could play skyrim on low.
    The other thing with Morrowind that's great, ypu can roughly tell where to play. Until you have some skills you want to stick to the coast, and the very centre of the island is for well developed characters only. You get that sense of progression as you edge slowly inland. Also it has better expansions than oblivion and skyrim (so far). The first introduces the dark elf capital on the mainland, a huge huge city for a rpg. The second introduced a big nord island and werewolves. They were very different areas to the main game.