Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Report: Positive effects of the new payment model

ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

Excerpt from the report:

"Since the 29th november use Mortal Online a new payment model and the results are so far promising. The number of new players has increased, including through the new distribution channel - DESURA."

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.aktietorget.se/NewsItem.aspx%3FID_News%3D64196%26Language%3D2&usg=ALkJrhh251OOgNg0_0JPmZ9zK3Okk3o3Cg

Nice to see positive news once in awhile.

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    It makes sense that the move to free to play would add more players, which has been nice to see.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Big deal...How many new PAYING accounts did the FREE2PLAY model generate?  It would be nice if MOs development  shifted from charity and part-time/hobby level.
  • Black_DogBlack_Dog Member Posts: 2

Positive results my *ss...

The whole ftp model is a hogwash due to the skill train restriction. dont matter if it was handed out in a xmas cracker with good will, the game is not playable with skills up to 60 only. PERIOD.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by ltank

[mod edit]

I like MMOs, however I am tired of SVs word games. Comon, even you must realise that it is obvious that any game going f2p will by default attract more players than it had while it was sub based. Note that they don't mention increased revenue, nor any exact number of players, only more 60000 "visitors" (probably those who went to the site, read a bit but never played). 

[mod edit]

Yawn...Its not like the criticism isnt justified.   Hey, at least that proves there isnt a conspiracy against SV.  Poor products get criticised, its really that simple.

Saying people must not like MMOs is just hilarious.image

I love a good glass of Cabernet Sauvignon, but there's a lot a crappy Cabs out there. Does that mean I dont like wine? Get a clue....

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by Black_Dog

Positive results my *ss...

The whole ftp model is a hogwash due to the skill train restriction. dont matter if it was handed out in a xmas cracker with good will, the game is not playable with skills up to 60 only. PERIOD.

I dont play Mortal Online anymore because the game just was to buggy.   From what I hear that hasnt changed much.  But I am happy to see the new payment model is working out.

And the game is VERY playable with skills up to 60, as long as majority are on the same level.  

So much crap, so little quality.

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453
    By 60 000  new visitors I assume they're yet again using forum as an argument to make it look as if they're making money?
    Originally posted by raff01
    By 60 000  new visitors I assume they're yet again using forum as an argument to make it look as if they're making money?

NO, I think it means 60,000 visited DESURA . Henrik loves throwing out numbers that have NOTHING to do with the MO player base in hopes people will misinterpret the information.

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Hopefully this will help them make a game that can really shine as a sandbox. Only time will tell.

Originally posted by LadyEuphei
    Hopefully this will help them make a game that can really shine as a sandbox. Only time will tell.

How will a few new nonpaying subscriptions do that? Getting people to play MO was never the problem, it was keeping them.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

If people say this game is awful, restrictions too much, not fun, it's funny then that it still has more subscribers than Darkfall Unholy Wars, and is a released title as well.

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Hancakes

How will a few new nonpaying subscriptions do that? Getting people to play MO was never the problem, it was keeping them.

More exposure and hopefully good feedback for a few! The game has its good and bad points, arguably more bad than good. I still would like to think that it could maybe get itself to a good state one day. It really had an against the grain design style and tried to push the boundaries. The problem is it pushed to hard fell over and broke a leg, but I still have hope that it will one day either become playable or will lead to another company saying they can do it better and making a good game using MO as a template sort of.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

If people say this game is awful, restrictions too much, not fun, it's funny then that it still has more subscribers than Darkfall Unholy Wars, and is a released title as well.

It does?   How many subscribers does eaither game have?  Please enlighten me!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by kadepsyson

[mod edit]

DFUW hasnt been released, thus the BETA. image

More exposure and hopefully good feedback for a few! The game has its good and bad points, arguably more bad than good. I still would like to think that it could maybe get itself to a good state one day. It really had an against the grain design style and tried to push the boundaries. The problem is it pushed to hard fell over and broke a leg, but I still have hope that it will one day either become playable or will lead to another company saying they can do it better and making a good game using MO as a template sort of.

How much is enough? MO's going on 3 years and has a fraction of the staff/funding it once had.

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453
    Originally posted by raff01

NO, I think it means 60,000 visited DESURA . Henrik loves throwing out numbers that have NOTHING to do with the MO player base in hopes people will misinterpret the information.

lol how pathetic to try to manipulate numbers in such a lame way...I take it there isn't any increase in accounts or payments otherwise Henrik would have rushed on those numbers...

Its exactly like previous reports where he was pulling forum numbers because reality was he was losing subscriptions

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089
    Bumped for the lulz.
  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Darth_Osor
    Bumped for the lulz.

Lulz should be incoming-

This Quarters losses were like $140,000 (which makes no sense this game could be going in the red to the tune of over half a Million to operate each year with like a dev, a CEO and another guy)

But hey, those donations are really helping to add content quickly...Or...not?

But hey, at least the server is running to optimal efficiancy...Or..not?

But at least SV is staffed with professional and friendly GM's and Customer Service...Or..not?

-Well at least there arent many bugs- Er.....

Hey, its a small team.

This discussion has been closed.