Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does storm legion include 30 free days to play?

SoldorSoldor Member UncommonPosts: 81
Thinking of resub. Thx

Comments

• KrayfishKrayfish Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Nope doesn't unfortunately.

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045
    no expansion ever offered free month, not to mention storm legion is cheaper than most expansions, and deluxe or what its called ( for new players rift +expasion) ofers free month
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,853

Originally posted by Smikis
    no expansion ever offered free month, not to mention storm legion is cheaper than most expansions, and deluxe or what its called ( for new players rift +expasion) ofers free month
    Storm Legion is $40, what MMO expansions are more expensive?
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

None of them.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

None of them.

LOTRO has sold more expensive versions of their expansions(not collectors), but EA/Turbine are greedy bastards.  Although not on the level of the WarZ devs.

I think expansions should come with a free month.  Companies just get too greedy.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

None of them.

LOTRO has sold more expensive versions of their expansions(not collectors), but EA/Turbine are greedy bastards.  Although not on the level of the WarZ devs.

I think expansions should come with a free month.  Companies just get too greedy.

Rift has a more expensive version of their expansion too.  My basic point was that almost all paid expansions start at the 39.99 point, I have never seen one launch at a higher price than this for a non-deluxe, enhanced, super-duper version.

Edit:  Though with more and more pc games launching at the 59.99 price point, it wouldn't surprise me to see a mmo xpac come out at 49.99 for the lowest price version.

• HugMeOnceHugMeOnce Member Posts: 5
    Uhhm, is Rift Storm Legion Buy once or is it like pay pr month? :p
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I think you are ignorant about economics and especially about Trion's current situation.  And are greedy yourself.

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136

unaware of trion's situation? LOL - US has been in recession since 2008, home values are underwater, I have not seen a raise in 3 years and a lot of people in my firm have been laid off ... and I should care about trion's situation?

They could have cut ppl a break with a free month on purchase of SL. After all - at their price point they are already making good $ on the package. Instead - you get to pay $40 + the $15/month atop that as well - seems a bit much. Especially when SL can be had off eBay or from discount sites for anything from $8 to $30 for a new copy. I see no incentive whatsoever to pay the inflated trion retail cost.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by cptndunsel

unaware of trion's situation? LOL - US has been in recession since 2008, home values are underwater, I have not seen a raise in 3 years and a lot of people in my firm have been laid off ... and I should care about trion's situation?

They could have cut ppl a break with a free month on purchase of SL. After all - at their price point they are already making good $ on the package. Instead - you get to pay $40 + the $15/month atop that as well - seems a bit much. Especially when SL can be had off eBay or from discount sites for anything from $8 to $30 for a new copy. I see no incentive whatsoever to pay the inflated trion retail cost.

As I said, YOU are 100% being greedy.

Why should they go against a 15 year old trend in a itme when they had to layoff tons of long term staff just because you havent gotten a raise in 3 years.  Oh, boo hoo.  Its 15 bucks.  You can afford the internet, you can afford 15 bucks, simple as that.  However, trion obviously cant afford to keep the current staff so you would want them to lose even more money, and potentially cut even more staff, and affect 200,000 other people negatively, just because you havent gotten a raise in 3 years.

Epitome of greed.

Also, if you paid for a year upfront you got SL for free.  

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Ok, I played on a friends account got a forgot what it was offensive warrior to 40 but of course since it was a friends account I have to start from level 1 again if I were to buy the game. I might have a look if the population is high enough.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.