Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well this game is done :( It is switching to a MOBA

ZaqirZaqir Member UncommonPosts: 55

So this was posted recently:

http://tformers.com/transformers-universe-new-images-of/19120/news.html

The game has gone from mmo to Moba.

My thoughts:

1)Jagex was and is a no name company and could not handle the task of making a game world with the grand scope and complicated aspects of Transformers.

2)Seeing how poorly some major titles have been recently and knowing how the business side of computer games are I bet someone (probably on the Jagex side although this is pure speculation) suggested they switch over to a moba and use flashy words like "new thing" "League of legends" "lower overhead and millions in income".

So in essence was has occured is a company bit off more then they could chew, could not deliver, turned a 30 second elevator pitch and tried to show something else of subpar quality and sell it to the backers or major stakeholders as something else to cover up the months and months of wasted time coding and funds that were poured into the game only to have it end up as a second rate Moba that will probably lack any innovation except to be some sort of cash grab.

I hope not but i doubt i will be proven wrong.

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

That would have to be the defenition of information whiplash... Now i am neither suprised nor actually thinking it is a bad idea... But i guess Transformers goes back on my list of MMO's i like to see... Not that this woudl be more then a glorified arena battler but still... This new direction is a lot cheaper to produce and i guess that Jagex got cold feet.

MOBA... Just as i was actually working up some curiosity for this game (mostly thanks to the Fall of Cybertron multiplayer)

This have been a good conversation

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Wow, that's pretty pathetic on Jagex's part. Also and incredibly stupid idea as well. We have more than enough MOBA games out there to choose from, many of which are exceedingly high quality.

Oh well. It's their decision, although I do hope it turns around to bite them in the ass.

• ZaqirZaqir Member UncommonPosts: 55

BTW here is further proof that this is going to be a mess.

Here is an article posted Dec 10 with Jagex on all the GLORY that will be the Transformers MMO

http://tformers.com/transformers-universe-mmorpg-details-jagex/19059/news.html

And boom look at my original post, 2 weeks later its a Moba.

That screams warnings to me.

• AC1074AC1074 Member Posts: 274
    This game should be scrapped all together. I mean do it right or don't do it at all. I can still play War for Cybertron and the Fall of Cybertron instead of this.
  • TheBlackCrowTheBlackCrow Member Posts: 12
    I was in hope this would be a fps-moba hybrid. At least i had that impression. but looks like this is going to be another button mashing runescape...
  • wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    If it's a MOBA the admins can get the game off the site now. lol.
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Wow...I actually went to NYCCC in 2011 just to meet these guys and chat with them about the game as I'm such a Transformers fan.  Was stoked for the game totally..now...this is just fail...wow.  I want my gas money back.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• Ryguy786Ryguy786 Member Posts: 29

I played runescape when it just a couple servers. Paul and Andrew played too sometimes!

Nice indie developers, seemingly nice guys at the time. Then they EXPLODED over the next couple years and kinda got out of touch.

That being said, Jagex has never seemed like a pinnacle of professionalism. I would doubt their ability to handle such a large project.

Pardon my low tolerance for stupidity.

• KOOLLAYDKOOLLAYD Member UncommonPosts: 25
    OMG I just read this and all I can say is I wanna cry. That is just a major buzz kill.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Yeah, not only is it a run of the mill MOBA. As it stands right now you will not be able to customize your bots (beyond the usual pick skill X or Y) and it sounds like you will not be able to pick up classic chars either (Guess we got to have something in the cash shop now don´t we.)

But for those still interested... There is a trailer up on the main page.

This have been a good conversation