Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

YouTube recording on PS3 version?

ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
One of my favorite PS3 games recently was Square-Enix's Just Cause 2, which had a feature that allowed you to record gameplay and post it to YouTube. Anyone know if FFXIV will have this feature? Thanks.

Comments

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445
    At this points anyones comments are purely just speculation. They haven't really said much about the PS3 version, and a lot of what we can expect is still TBD.
  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Humm , who knows would be cool because most pc players use fraps .

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    Originally posted by TemperHoof
    At this points anyones comments are purely just speculation. They haven't really said much about the PS3 version, and a lot of what we can expect is still TBD.

I was simply wondering if anyone who has been poking around the official devlogs and whatnot ran across a general intention to have this feature. Naturally, I'd want to see a source from anyone who said it would or wouldn't.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Originally posted by Scottgun
    Originally posted by TemperHoof

I was simply wondering if anyone who has been poking around the official devlogs and whatnot ran across a general intention to have this feature. Naturally, I'd want to see a source from anyone who said it would or wouldn't.

Highly doubt it.

The only thing they really said that could be an indirect statement for the PS3 version is that they are pondering just how much more graphic intensive they are planning to make the PC version over the PS3 version due to PC's power and capability to run addons (which should be enabled on release).  They noted that most computers won't be able to handle Ultra on release, but they eventually will as current high end technology becomes cheaper as the years go by.

The only "official" word on the PS3 version is that their goal is to have at least 40 players on the screen at once in addition to multiple NPCs and several medium to large monsters.  The PC version is nearly uncapped at this point, though I noticed some warp ins after about 100+ people on the screen during public demostrations (pre-alpha).  They were seamless and didn't incur any lag unlike 1.0.

They already stated that they have improved the code to allow for more stuff in an area since starting the Alpha test for the PC version.

Recording devices usually put a heavy tax on systems, and games that are online do so especially due to their extra reliance on RAM and processing to get all those players on screen and recognize their chaotic movements.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • KingKaioKingKaio Member Posts: 48
    I doubt it. SE doesn't doesn't even want to add in-game voice chat. Probably the least of their worries right too.