Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last patch broke questgivers, vendors

In Funcom land, their patches break things rather than fixing them. Since the latest server update some quest givers and vendors are now permanently stuck in combat. This means they cannot be interacted with to buy or sell items, or get quests. Even the illuminati faction leader is affected by this, meaning new players cannot finish the intro,complete the main storyline or unlock higher tier areas.

This is game breaking.

Screenshots: TSW players will recognize these major locations, with the first being Pangaea - the main and only clothing store in the game (Funcom says you must use the cash shop to buy new clothes! -meanwhile the only dev communication is exhortations to buy more cash shop clothes - http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=65562)

Source (official forums): http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=65590

Restructuring, layoffs, resignation of head personnel are having a major toll on the game. People are saying Funcom only has 30 devs working over 3 MMOs (Age of Conan, Anarchy Online, The Secret World). It appears things are being pushed out with little to no testing/QA, and they don't have the resources to release hotfixes either. This game's history has been a complete and utter train wreck.

Comments

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by banzai014

In Funcom land, their patches break things rather than fixing them. Since the latest server update some quest givers and vendors are now permanently stuck in combat. This means they cannot be interacted with to buy or sell items, or get quests. Even the illuminati faction leader is affected by this, meaning new players cannot finish the intro,complete the main storyline or unlock higher tier areas.

This is game breaking.

Screenshots:

Source (official forums): http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=65590

Restructuring, layoffs, resignation of head personnel are having a major toll on the game. People are saying Funcom only has 30 devs working over 3 MMOs (Age of Conan, Anarchy Online, The Secret World). It appears things are being pushed out with little to no testing/QA, and they don't have the resources to release hotfixes either.

I know its not funny for those trying to use those NPCs, but this is freaking funny.  And I think the game is good for what I play it for, but this is still really funny.

• banzai014banzai014 Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

I know its not funny for those trying to use those NPCs, but this is freaking funny.  And I think the game is good for what I play it for, but this is still really funny.

Sure, but it's also a complete break down of the game. Just imagine if this happened in WoW and you logged in only to find you couldn't interact with vendors or quest givers. What hope do Funcom have adding new content or fixing anything, when they don't even have a handle on the basic systems-level MMO 101 stuff?

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Sorry but those 2 are fine when i play. the only 2 ive seen in combat poses are a civilian and a policeman in london.

Also sorry but every post ive seen you make is Anti TSW. im guessing your just looking for a way to kill its membership.

And thirdly now that i noticed it. Neither of those NPC's give you quests. the closest you get to getting a quest from them is a cutscene upon approch.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Imagine if that would happen in SWTOR LOL. Players are much more forgiving in TSW, which is a good thing.

I play TSW and I think  it's pretty good game, I hope they fix it ASAP so it does not alienate new players. Though  it's B2P now, so I bet people will just take a break until it is fixed.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Imagine if that would happen in SWTOR LOL. Players are much more forgiving in TSW, which is a good thing.

I play TSW and I think  it's pretty good game, I hope they fix it ASAP so it does not alienate new players. Though  it's B2P now, so I bet people will just take a break until it is fixed.

Geez....I dunno.  I can tell you right now if I was brand new, and experienced this, I might not even realize what was going on or what I was supposed to be doing.  If they don't fix this quick, there's going to be a lot of refunds or charge backs via the bank. 

Hopefully for the sake of the game, its fixed quickly. 

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Everybody was Kung Fu fighting....  :)
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    Everybody was Kung Fu fighting....  :)

Hmmm... maybe it works as intended /grin

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468
    Hmmm... I played lots today and yesterday and never saw this.... hmmm....
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

This is game breaking.

Screenshots:

Restructuring, layoffs, resignation of head personnel are having a major toll on the game. People are saying Funcom only has 30 devs working over 3 MMOs (Age of Conan, Anarchy Online, The Secret World). It appears things are being pushed out with little to no testing/QA, and they don't have the resources to release hotfixes either.

Stuff like this always gives me a chuckle, but I realize this for what it is.  When a company releases a patch that does this, it makes the playerbase lose their trust and severly lowers the number of active accounts.  When a person hacks into a game and does this, it makes the company lose their trust and results in a rise in banned accounts.

Remember, it is something like this that was caused by people hacking into a game that made Sega Japan state that Phantasy Star Online 2 would IP block all non Japanese players.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

Stuff like this always gives me a chuckle, but I realize this for what it is.  When a company releases a patch that does this, it makes the playerbase lose their trust and severly lowers the number of active accounts.  When a person hacks into a game and does this, it makes the company lose their trust and results in a rise in banned accounts.

Remember, it is something like this that was caused by people hacking into a game that made Sega Japan state that Phantasy Star Online 2 would IP block all non Japanese players.

Eh, it's *really* not that big of a deal, people.   How about the WoW bug that killed everyone in the entire city?  It happens and gets fixed.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    It still doesn't beat the Swtor dance PVP bug.. That one was epic!  If someone is coming to kill you, just break out some sweet dance moves to stop the attack lol

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• SwobyJSwobyJ Member Posts: 80

Eh, it's *really* not that big of a deal, people.   How about the WoW bug that killed everyone in the entire city?  It happens and gets fixed.

Exactly. If it doesn't get fixed within several days, then cue the rage. Myself, I only saw...3-4 NPCs (only 1 of them mattering at all) in that combat pose.

And the stuff like Kristen Geary etc are not dependent on you 'talking' to them - its an automatic cutscene on approach. So OP is, so far imo, incorrect. You can perfectly continue down the initial storyline.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Originally posted by SwobyJ

Exactly. If it doesn't get fixed within several days, then cue the rage. Myself, I only saw...3-4 NPCs (only 1 of them mattering at all) in that combat pose.

And the stuff like Kristen Geary etc are not dependent on you 'talking' to them - its an automatic cutscene on approach. So OP is, so far imo, incorrect. You can perfectly continue down the initial storyline.

This is just what the Bonzai does. hes a troll he waits for something bad to happen in TSW then starts making threads about it. Look at his post history, im not kiddin.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• SwobyJSwobyJ Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by Rayshe
    Originally posted by SwobyJ

This is just what the Bonzai does. hes a troll he waits for something bad to happen in TSW then starts making threads about it. Look at his post history, im not kiddin.

lol

Well, I found out it's probably a bug with the Ak'ab pet from the Mayan event, charging NPCs AND other players, and putting NPCs in 'combat mode'.

I think the ak'ab charge is disabled now, until a fix is in. 'Crisis' averted.

• Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    It still doesn't beat the Swtor dance PVP bug.. That one was epic!  If someone is coming to kill you, just break out some sweet dance moves to stop the attack lol

It applied to PvE, too. Funny stuff.

Back on topic, after playing SWG, there aren't too many bugs that faze me. That said, haven't personally experienced this one yet.