Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perma Banned For Wanting Refund

Comments

• versulasversulas Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Originally posted by phantomghost
    [mod edit]

^ Clearly did not read the second post =/

Ah, wells. It's a stupid way to run a company anyway. There should be a difference between account access and beta access. Just because the customer does not plan to play the game now, doesn't mean they won't ever. Imagine how many sales WoW gets from people who quit and then returned. You think they still would have come back if there old characters were deleted? Sure, it's only beta, but it sets a precedent...

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359

I have also requested for a refund thru paypal. And my account got permantly banned also even though the dispute is not yet resolved. AV is just a sore loser and unethical company.

Remember when AV keeps saying DFUW is well tested and ready to launch on 12-12-12, but was delayed because of steam and a hard to reproduce bug with disappearing inventory and bank items. I bought the game thinking darkfall is somewhat finished. I was so wrong. 

The item persistent bug can happen to anyone who logout the game. Characters getting stuck in the terrain upon logging everytime. The game world is so empty. Many contents are missing in the beta. The game is so unpolished. Fanboys in the forum are still patting AV on the back saying good job and thanks for working hard to fix the game.

Almost 3 weeks after christmas, we still havent see a patch to the game. Looks like AV is really enjoying their holidays.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Game is going to be shit anyway just like the orignal, it was more than bugs that drove people away the game was just period. As an example anarchy online had one of the buggiest launches in mmo history even today and its still going strong because even at launch it was a good game if you could look past the bugs, where as darkfall/darkfall UW are both pretty much garbage. I suspect darkfall uw, will be dead about 3 months after release. Mostly due to how immature the pvp "community" is today. A game like this just cannot survive in todays market, however if they were to remove the lootable player corpses on any death thing, me and a few friends would be willing to try it out. But due to this one feature alone me ans a bunch of my buddies cannot be assed with darkfall uw. Were nto scared of pvp far from it, but i'd rather spend more time pvping insted of more time replacing my gear. Other games can give this, and are most likely far superior to darkfall uw. Anyway you guys will see what I say is true when the game is dead in about 3 months. Then i'll be back here saying "I told you so".

The fact they are taking pre-orders with no set date is fishy too.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by IAmMMO

Despite their claim of a no refund you are still entitled to one within the EU if you put money down as a Pre order,and the product is not officially released yet. As long as it still up as for pre order those who've pre ordered by law within the EU are entitled to have their money back if they change their mind. It still won't stop a company if they decide to black list you from their service since their misleading with info that no refund with pre orders when there are laws that say otherwise within the EU. That thing you sign don't hold water to block you from a refund to money put down on a pre order. Hence they'll give money back when challenged, but black list you out of spite.

Exactly.

Aventurine is not following the EU laws. He should have his refund and the ban should be removed asap. 

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by joshbaby03

http://i45.tinypic.com/1zdykab.jpg

Today I was banned for requesting PayPal to seek a refund from AV on my behalf due to their product not being as advertised, as well as not having any discernable release date.  I just want ya'll to know that they will ban you if you try to get your money back in any way possible, and more than likely you will not get anything back in the end.  This is fraud in my book, and I hope that MMORPG.com and other sites cover this...I don't know where to send this information so that it gets on the front page, but it needs to be.

Jed

You have requested a refund from paypal, Anet banned your account... You know what that sounds like to me?

It sounds like you have or are receiving your refund, why would you assume you get to keep your account as well?

Sorry just to make sure others dont get the wrong idea.... its Adventurine not Arenanet.

Lolipops !

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Not sure why OP is bothered he got a ban if he isnt happy about the game and gets a refund, obviously no intention to play in the future.
  • LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93

expect the refund in 5 business days; welcome to the Real World

/thread

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Voiidiin

Today I was banned for requesting PayPal to seek a refund from AV on my behalf due to their product not being as advertised, as well as not having any discernable release date.  I just want ya'll to know that they will ban you if you try to get your money back in any way possible, and more than likely you will not get anything back in the end.  This is fraud in my book, and I hope that MMORPG.com and other sites cover this...I don't know where to send this information so that it gets on the front page, but it needs to be.

Jed

You have requested a refund from paypal, Anet banned your account... You know what that sounds like to me?

It sounds like you have or are receiving your refund, why would you assume you get to keep your account as well?

Sorry just to make sure others dont get the wrong idea.... its Adventurine not Arenanet.

Thanks, it's corrected. 

• MrDDTMrDDT Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Sounds like AV did a pretty smart thing. You are disupting the charges, so clearly you don't want access to the game. You now have to wait til your dispute is over.

-MrDDT

• daydreamerxxdaydreamerxx Member UncommonPosts: 178
    I mean you definatly shouldn't have access if your not paying for the game. I see no problem with you being banned. 

• kromikromi Member Posts: 2

What you did expect. You paid for getting in beta and if you get your money back sure it's enough reason to ban you out from there because you are not paying them.

You should also notice that Darkfall is in beta state, it means it's not ready yet, it's open for people who like to find bugs and report those. It's not meant for playing like released game. You should never start playing beta (or in usual case even just released new) mmo games, if you think it should be bug free and all features included.

Originally posted by Caaahl

Jed

What did you expect?

I'd ban your sorry ass, too, if i were them.

And for trying to give them bad publicity i'd ban any future account related to your personal data, too.

They deserve all bad publicity when they try to avoid following the EU lawsettings.

They proved being corrupted developers during Darkfall 1 by adjusting their own set of written gamerules when Zergs threaten to ragequit on forums. Nothing new here. 

Originally posted by MrDDT
    Sounds like AV did a pretty smart thing. You are disupting the charges, so clearly you don't want access to the game. You now have to wait til your dispute is over.

Where did he say he wont want to try the game later on?

Originally posted by mindw0rk
    [mod edit]

One of the better topics id say. It's good to get some information on what to expect from a gamedeveloper.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Hard to believe.  Can you please show some sort of proof.

I self identify as a monkey.

Originally posted by Aragon100

He always can, just needs to create a new account. It's standard practice for any game company. You ask for a refund after using the code that came with the purchase then the whole account gets banned. 

Its something every single gaming company does. 

Originally posted by mindw0rk
    You might be banned on mmorpg.com too. For trolling or spreading false info. /shrug

He is describing his business connections with Aventurine.

Is that bannable?

Really?

He always can, just needs to create a new account. It's standard practice for any game company. You ask for a refund after using the code that came with the purchase then the whole account gets banned. 

Its somethine every single gaming company does. 

The account shouldnt be banned before he get his refund, period.

Its somethine every single gaming company does. 

As soon as the refund process begins it is, thats the reality. Its with every single gaming company out there. Sorry, thats just the way it is lol. 

• BaleoutBaleout Member Posts: 141

Good on them i dislike people that want their money back after trying it.

You buy it  you dont like it well its your fault.

Todays players are spoiled when it comes to this dont buy every game out there and you wont get burnt.

Originally posted by Yanik

Jed

[mod edit]

LOL.

So he is an arse for ventilating his frustration? His account was banned before he got a refund. He still havent gotten his money so he should be able to log into the game.

Jed

[mod edit]

LOL.

So he is an arse for ventilating his frustration? His account was banned before he got a refund, that is fraud in my eyes. He still havent gotten his money so he should be able to log into the game.

Why would he want to? He doesn't like the game. It was bad enough that he wanted a refund. So... 

Jed

[mod edit]

LOL.

So he is an arse for ventilating his frustration? His account was banned before he got a refund, that is fraud in my eyes. He still havent gotten his money so he should be able to log into the game.

Why would he want to? He doesn't like the game. It was bad enough that he wanted a refund. So... 

It's not about he wanting or not. He havent gotten any refund so his account should be open.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

As soon as the refund process begins it is, thats the reality. Its with every single gaming company out there. Sorry, thats just the way it is lol. 

Pretty much.

I'd say it makes perfect sense to ban the account immediately. At the end of the day he is going to be getting his money back and as such he has had FREE game time. Yet people seem to think he should be allowed additional FREE time? I don't think so Tim.

If he doesn't get his money back at some point, well that might be more of an issue.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• DovregubbenDovregubben Member UncommonPosts: 18

There is nothing preventing him doing that is it?