Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perma Banned For Wanting Refund

http://i45.tinypic.com/1zdykab.jpg

Today I was banned for requesting PayPal to seek a refund from AV on my behalf due to their product not being as advertised, as well as not having any discernable release date.  I just want ya'll to know that they will ban you if you try to get your money back in any way possible, and more than likely you will not get anything back in the end.  This is fraud in my book, and I hope that MMORPG.com and other sites cover this...I don't know where to send this information so that it gets on the front page, but it needs to be.

Jed

Comments

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    This is normal for them.  Just make a new account  if and when you want to play the game.  I don't think they've ever been accused of being a good company that makes good products, so lesson learned I guess.

You make me like charity

• DarkestNiteDarkestNite Member Posts: 8
    Yeah honestly expectations is not one of AV's strong point. Highly undependable, they created one "finished" (i guess) product that gave players quite a bit of freedom in the "conquest" area with very customizable combat. Basically a game for hardcore MMO Players to use so that they can call themselves hardcore. the only reason people signed up early for this game, is cuz they realize what a fucking grind DF 1 was and think that if they play from the beginning the game will actually be fun, and also becasue they were so butt-hurt that the game didnt release "on time" . Sadly the company planned on releasing a game that couldnt even really be considered a game so they just were like " shit were out of money......tell them we need pre orders and we will give them a beta"......planning is another one of AV's weak points. Im starting to wonder if tasos even works for AV or if he looks just through the windows and makes his own estimates about the game. And av was just like "ehh whatever, its not like we have to pay him" and just made him the company herald. regardless, everyone knows they are going to wipe the servers before the game goes offish soo basically, dont both getting it now...they have plenty of fucking testers, we got to see all 10k of them when we logged into the game the first time....what a nightmare. Just wait till it releases, spend ur money then. 
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Two things, first, did you ask AV directly for a refund, if not, why not?  If you did and they refused, then fine, request a refund from PayPal.  Second, isn't this basically the same as a chargeback if you had used a creditcard?  If so, then every mmo company I am aware of would ban the account.  I mean, why wouldn't they ban the account if you want your money back for the account?  Is this about forum posting under your known name or something?  I don't even understand what the problem is really.  Even if they agreed to give you your money back, you are no longer their customer and shouldn't have access to what a customer has access to.
  • CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Im a little confused.  What would be a more acceptable outcome OP?  Other than getting your money back? 

That they would allow you to keep playing?   Of course they're going to ban you from beta.  But since you didn't like the game anyways, why even post about it?  Why do you care? 

Is this to let the community know that if you try and get a refund from Darkfall you won't be able to play it anymore?  I mean if that's the case then thanks for letting everyone know I guess.  Although its about the most common sense thing I could possibly think off. 

• paladin016paladin016 Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Corehaven

Im a little confused.  What would be a more acceptable outcome OP?  Other than getting your money back? 

That they would allow you to keep playing?   Of course they're going to ban you from beta.  But since you didn't like the game anyways, why even post about it?  Why do you care? 

Is this to let the community know that if you try and get a refund from Darkfall you won't be able to play it anymore?  I mean if that's the case then thanks for letting everyone know I guess.  Although its about the most common sense thing I could possibly think off. 

Well, it's the same thing as going to wal-mart and asking to return your Video Game. They deny your refund but they take away the game. You lose, they win.

Oh and if you read the fine print of the terms and conditions it has a clause about pre order refunds. If you try to get one, they can ban you, easy as that. 
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by joshbaby03

Today I was banned for requesting PayPal to seek a refund from AV on my behalf due to their product not being as advertised, as well as not having any discernable release date.  I just want ya'll to know that they will ban you if you try to get your money back in any way possible, and more than likely you will not get anything back in the end.  This is fraud in my book, and I hope that MMORPG.com and other sites cover this...I don't know where to send this information so that it gets on the front page, but it needs to be.

Jed

You have requested a refund from paypal, Adventurine banned your account... You know what that sounds like to me?

It sounds like you have or are receiving your refund, why would you assume you get to keep your account as well?

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Jed

You have requested a refund from paypal, Anet banned your account... You know what that sounds like to me?

It sounds like you have or are receiving your refund, why would you assume you get to keep your account as well?

Yeah, I'm just not getting how this hasn't been resolved the way the OP wanted it to be.  I can only think that maybe they didn't want their account banned for forum purposes.  That really is the only thing that I can think of.

• joshbaby03joshbaby03 Member Posts: 14
    I did try to get refund from AV directly before going the paypal route.  I am not saying I want access to the game as well as my money back, no not at all.  I am saying I have no refund, and no access...which isn't proper...if PayPal does refund my money then sure, I understand and all is well, but if not then they keep the money, and deny the access?
    Paypal refunds from companies in greece can take a LOOOOOOOONNNNG Time
  • 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    I did try to get refund from AV directly before going the paypal route.  I am not saying I want access to the game as well as my money back, no not at all.  I am saying I have no refund, and no access...which isn't proper...if PayPal does refund my money then sure, I understand and all is well, but if not then they keep the money, and deny the access?

I guarantee you'll get your money...otherwise AV would never have known about your PayPal request.

it takes up to 48 hours for the money to transfer but very few seconds for the banhammer.

I think the ban itself indcates your money is on its way. you posted this on a saturday and banks don't usually operate saturdays...

Yeah hope so.

I'm not going to play the game just cuz it doesn't hold snuff to Shadowbane. But hey if you fell entitled to a refund PayPal plays cool (they kind of suck too) all's well that ends well right?

a yo ho ho

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Jed

You have requested a refund from paypal, Anet banned your account... You know what that sounds like to me?

The more reasonable expectation is for them to simply remove his beta access.  They literally gain nothing when they ban accounts like this.  It's basically a situation where a small company is more willing to take petty, vindictive actioin against people that piss them off, rather than resolve the dispute in a proactive and professional manner in the first place.

The whole reason people have to have transactions like these cancelled in the first place is because the game company doesn't offer them any other choice.

You make me like charity

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    The game currently only gives access to people who have pre-paid, so why did you think you could continue to access the game after you had cancelled your payment?
  • BrooksTechBrooksTech Member Posts: 163

I find this post confusing...

You take back your money, they take back the right for you to play the game.  Did you expect to get your money back and still be able to play a game that you did not pay for?

... /wonders

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    You already signed away your rights, anything you would do at this point would be called crying about it.
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    So OP took back there money and AV took back there game why does this not make snese to you OP?
  • thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

Jed

What did you think you were getting?  

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Hi Jed,

1. please check with PayPal where your money is. May be you worry for nothing as transactions takes time.

2. are you sure you got ban and not just "access denied", which is logical as you don't pay anymore?

3. I know, it's your own choice, but why pay for non-existing (yet?) product?

I hope you'l get your money back soon and will be more careful in a future.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

Jed

I doubt you ever get a refund and i cant really understand why you got that ban?

In my eyes Aventurine is a corrupt company, remember in Darkfall 1 when Aventurine changed the rules for sieges after a siege were lost by a Zerg that on forums then threatened to rage quit. What happened was that the server went down and the result of the siege was not saved. Aventurine then manually transfered a town the Zerg never won ingame to that Zerg against their own written down rulesetting. Rules were that developers would never interfere with the score of a server down. I bet Aventurine had some players in that whining Zerg.

There is also alot of rumors that Aventurine even though they knew a certain guild were duping they didnt interfere cause they made such good advertising promos for the game. That guild had the most expensive boat when the Zergs didnt even have the material for the smallest. 

The duping guild then made a promo video on sea warfare and i bet Aventurine saw it as a good advertising video that would bring more players to the game.

If you as a player want fair gameplay and no interference from developers then stay away from Aventurine.

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    I honestly don't see how anyone could be dense enough to think they wouldn't be banned for this.

Hi

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I hope you get your refund, but why are you surprised they banned you? That's pretty much SOP for any company. Hell, I asked for (and got) a refund from Pirahna for my MWO founder's sub. Did it amicably, exchanged pleasantries with their CSRs and everything. They still banned my account, although they offered to move my username to a new one.

It's not personal. Don't treat it as such.

• DartmedDartmed Member Posts: 36

A company says that will release a game on a given date but on the last minute (literally) the plan changes and the official statement says that the game is NOT UP TO SHAPE so A BETA will commence. Then the same company gives access to THE BETA only if you pre – purchase the FINISHED PRODUCT (witch obviously is not the one you are getting to TEST) . IF you decide to buy the product you HAVE TO AGREE TO not get a refund cause its stated in the EULA . The same company states that there will be an NDA for the BETA of the so called ready for release game .

After you knew all of the above (or you should) 

What where you thinking ?? 

I am sure that on legal terms you wouldnt be able to get your money back , but then again good luck with that . 

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Despite their claim of a no refund you are still entitled to one within the EU if you put money down as a Pre order,and the product is not officially released yet. As long as it still up as for pre order those who've pre ordered by law within the EU are entitled to have their money back if they change their mind. It still won't stop a company if they decide to black list you from their service since their misleading with info that no refund with pre orders when there are laws that say otherwise within the EU. That thing you sign don't hold water to block you from a refund to money put down on a pre order. Hence they'll give money back when challenged, but black list you out of spite.

• xeraxxerax Member UncommonPosts: 74

Your worrying to soon getting you money back through paypal can take a while.

They key thing here is paypals service agreement with the developer means they will have to refund or paypal will just deduct it from further income before they pay it across to the developer. The developer has no choice they dont get to say no we wont refund.

Paypal is also a pretty agressive company when it comes it dealing with refunds, they have taken numerous companies/ individuals to court to recover big debts.

Basically don't worry i would be really shocked if you dont get your refund within a month.

Also anything in the EULA or agreement signed with the developers has no impact of Paypals agreement with the developer or your agreement with paypal, If they feel they had a case they could try to take you to court once you have your refund (0 chance a small company like this will start multiples court cases for small sums).

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by phantomghost

Jed

Well deserved ban.

You requested your money back behind their back, which they state its non-refundable, but I have heard they will refund you if you ask.  Instead you tried to be a pussy about it, and have paypal do it for you, basically by lying and stating the product is not as described when clearly, the product is not released yet, and you are fortunate enough that in the meantime until a launch date is set they allow you to play the beta because you pre-ordered. 

Only one in the wrong was you, and I hope you do not receive your money and I am very happy to see you banned.

When a company treats its customers in such a poor fashion, it can never end well. Banning them for asking for their money back because the game isnt as described, and doesnt appear to be releasing any time in the near future even, is behaviour that can only be viewed as being suspicious. The point is, is that at some point in the future when the game is released, if it ever is, at this point i assume nothing as regards to this company, the OP is far less likely to risk buying the game again, and isnt that the point, so rather than the games dubious fanboys getting in a rage over this, isnt it better to accept that at the moment, DF;UW isnt where it should be and allow that there are a number of people out there that may not be willing to wait for a product that may or may not even be released. Also, if what the OP did was wrong, then paypal would not have been able to claim the money back from the company. When MMO companys of the size of DF;UW's rely on word of mouth advertising, this kind of behaviour is counterproductive, like i said, when a company treats its customers in this fashion, it can never end well.image