Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wondering about this Kickstarter and what they were thinking

2»

Comments

• SpectralHunterSpectralHunter Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

The Daily Deals are just little fluff items to reward people who back early.   I missed out on 21 of them while I looked into the game and decided to pledge.  To me the far more important factors are Destiny's Twin (which allows backers to skill up 2 characters at a time) and the Early Enrollment to be in on day one of a sandbox world.

If fluff items are the most important part of the pledge to you, then it might be best to skip the pledge and play when the game hits release.  For me, the package of goodies that are included at the crowd forger level is just too much to pass up.  I'm not even a tabletop player but I'm looking forward to seeing the Core Rulebook and the Guide to the River Kingdoms as well as the novel...

People need to stop minimizing the value of certain rewards because they personally don't care.  It may be fluff items to you but to some "on the fence" pledgers, it may be a deal breaker.  And isn't KS about trying to get pledges?  I'm saying their strategy for Daily Deals seemed a bit short-sighted.

I have a feeling they will make their goal (but there's still doubt it might not happen) but how disappointing will it be if they failed their KS funding because they didn't think through at the consequences of Daily Deals? 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,981
    Originally posted by SpectralHunter
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

The Daily Deals are just little fluff items to reward people who back early.   I missed out on 21 of them while I looked into the game and decided to pledge.  To me the far more important factors are Destiny's Twin (which allows backers to skill up 2 characters at a time) and the Early Enrollment to be in on day one of a sandbox world.

If fluff items are the most important part of the pledge to you, then it might be best to skip the pledge and play when the game hits release.  For me, the package of goodies that are included at the crowd forger level is just too much to pass up.  I'm not even a tabletop player but I'm looking forward to seeing the Core Rulebook and the Guide to the River Kingdoms as well as the novel...

People need to stop minimizing the value of certain rewards because they personally don't care.  It may be fluff items to you but to some "on the fence" pledgers, it may be a deal breaker.  And isn't KS about trying to get pledges?  I'm saying their strategy for Daily Deals seemed a bit short-sighted.

I have a feeling they will make their goal (but there's still doubt it might not happen) but how disappointing will it be if they failed their KS funding because they didn't think through at the consequences of Daily Deals? 

Apparently they felt that the benefit of keeping them exclusive to early backers and Alpha level pledges was greater than the potential loss of a few lower level folks.   Like I said, if it is really a dealbreaker then... don't pledge and wait for release to see how it shapes out.  You are probably not the target of this promotion.  Whether that was a wise decision on their part or not remains to be seen over the next 2 days.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770
    You can get all the daily deals even if you pledge now!

What's the deal?

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,981
    Originally posted by BlackUhuru
    You can get all the daily deals even if you pledge now!

What's the deal?

Only if you pledge at an Alpha level or buddy up with someone who was an early backer.

On the other hand... DING $800k!!!

$200k to go over the next 2 days!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770
    Woot! 800k...

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes