Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Russia First

RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

ArcheAge Russia to be the first version of the game outside Asia, also confirmed three different servers for the west.

It makes sence, hopefully Europe will come after.

http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/12/archeage-korean-media-confirms-3-different-servers-for-the-west/

Comments

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

that looks like its going to be a long wait.

still.. few games like it on the horizon, it's going to be a good time when it does arrive.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

The problem with the long wait is that this whole market is about to change, and a lot of new games are coming while people wait for this one.  At this rate we'll see EQ Next and Titan before AA, and that's to say nothing of all the cool indy games coming up.

Good luck to them in Russia I guess.  Seems like the potential market would have been larger in NA/EU first.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

The problem with the long wait is that this whole market is about to change, and a lot of new games are coming while people wait for this one.  At this rate we'll see EQ Next and Titan before AA, and that's to say nothing of all the cool indy games coming up.

Good luck to them in Russia I guess.  Seems like the potential market would have been larger in NA/EU first.

Pretty much. I hope we see it by the end of 2013 or early 2014, because EQ Next, Black Desert, and Titan will probably be out 2014/2015. For me, whichever comes out and looks like it has some longevity is the one I'll be sticking with. Really hoping for a good sandbox or sandbox/themepark mix for an mmorpg that I could stick with for years, like I did with UO, AC1, and DAOC.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Ill just play them all and rotate :-)

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Well Russians tend to prefer sandboxes and ffa pvp over themepark games, look at eve.
  • DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

Hmm they are kinda burning part of there fan base here..

I love AA (or at least everything I've seen in the vids)..  But part of the attraction of a new MMO is undiscovered lands and quest.. stuff like that..

But the time we get it, there will be a million wiki's on every tiny quest, and gold farmers will rule the day..

:/

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    Originally posted by Dewm

I love AA (or at least everything I've seen in the vids)..  But part of the attraction of a new MMO is undiscovered lands and quest.. stuff like that..

But the time we get it, there will be a million wiki's on every tiny quest, and gold farmers will rule the day..

Yeah, those damn wiki pages that you're forced to read ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

haha I am glad I wasnt the only one thinking that.

Completly unrelated but now maybe the spoiled gamers from the west will start to realize the they are not the center of the MMO genre. Every game does not need to cater to their braindead play style.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

I agree, they should really get the wheels running for NA and EU asap, if they want a nice run in the "west"..

2014 > might be too late.

2015 > forget about it, just take what you can from the orient, the "west" will already have it's 'replacement'

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • JalitanJalitan Member UncommonPosts: 104
    I think it was a smart decision. The NA audience for Asian games is on a decline. By proving AA with the Russian audience first, they can show the more western audience that AA is not the typical Asian F2P game we have been seeing lately.
  • PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    Originally posted by Fusion

I agree, they should really get the wheels running for NA and EU asap, if they want a nice run in the "west"..

2015 > forget about it, just take what you can from the orient, the "west" will already have it's 'replacement'

People say that about every MMO, I think it's time to stop this 'if it doesn't get released now it will fail' mentality, there's no substance to those claims. It makes it sound like MMO players like one kind of MMO and they only play one game till the next one gets released, when in reality there's millions of people spread out over so many different games.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

The problem with ArcheAge is we've known about it for so long now, and normally by now western publishers have been announced, and the move over to the western community is well underway before it's even released over in South Korea, or Japan. We don't even have a publisher announcement for the NA/EU version of the game, and the Russian publisher has yet to be announced even if it is truly impending. I agree with the sentiment that they're wearing out their western audience pretty quickly at this point, there really will be too many games to choose from by the time it -looks- like ArcheAge will be available to us. They'll be competing  with TESO which sounds like it will have sandbox elements that are similar, as well as whatever EQnext turns out to be, which sounds even more similar to ArcheAge and then obviously any of the other major releases in the next couple of years.

They used to be so adamant about pushing the game out over here because they often spoke openly with their western audiences about the game, and now it just feels like they don't really care if it comes out in any efficient amount of time anymore, or not.

All of that being said, just because a Russian publisher may be announced first, doesn't mean that the Russian release will be sooner than the NA/EU one. We don't truly know what's been going on with the translations/westernization etc (if it's necessary) behind the scenes, we don't know if they've already had these deals in place, and the work already commenced a long time ago, or if it hasn't started at all. I'm hoping for the former on this, and that it's not as far away as it's beginning to feel at this point, and that we will be seeing it this year sometime, and they held out on the announcements for when they could really focus on the western releases once the Korean one is pushed out to shelves.

• ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186

It will be good for him to brush up on his Korean and Russian

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

hmm games coming out in EU and Russia before NA the sky is falling !!!!

actually as an American i am kinda tired of watching all the euro gamers have to wait at the back of a line for a release so i did find some irony in all of this.

• ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186
    Originally posted by Fusion

People say that about every MMO, I think it's time to stop this 'if it doesn't get released now it will fail' mentality, there's no substance to those claims. It makes it sound like MMO players like one kind of MMO and they only play one game till the next one gets released, when in reality there's millions of people spread out over so many different games.

These are the same people who turn around and complain its fail due to bugs and lack of polish

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    I don't think we'll have to worry about bugs and lack of polish with ArcheAge, XLgames is proving to be a company who genuinely loves their game and has held it back in order to address as many bugs and polish issues as it possibly could.
  • Zarak11Zarak11 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by Dampyre

hmm games coming out in EU and Russia before NA the sky is falling !!!!

actually as an American i am kinda tired of watching all the euro gamers have to wait at the back of a line for a release so i did find some irony in all of this.

NA has wow's raids with item-f**ping so ...