Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Immigration & Ethnicity

You Know, this country is ethnically subdividing faster than the uranium-235 atoms in Fat Man and Little Boy. Our Pleasantly bubbling societal jambalaya has boiled over into a provincial brew of suspicion, intolerance, and plain old-notniceness. Now, Im not saying life has to be a fucking Coke commercial, but it would be great if I could tell a Polish joke once in a while without a horde of them descending on my house and unsrewing all my damn lightbulbs, all right?

You know, if you're going to insist on telling me it's natural for all people of all races and all ethnicities to get along, well, you'er living in a fantasy world fill of elves and fairies. And, incidentally, elves and fairies did'nt get along either.

They hate each other. Elves refer to fairies as "flying Tinker Bell nancy boys," and fairies call elves "rainbow humping suck pots."You know, really it should be a constant source pf amazement that our country does work on a daily basis and doesn't simply burst into a hundred million separate fistfights.

And nowhere are these ego-driven prairie skimishes more prevalent than in the Tigris and Euphrates of immigration, good old America.

Foreigners do not come to this country and take out jobs. Face it, you dont want to be a busboy, or a maid, or the roadside Linus Pauling hawking citrus on the traffic island, or working overnight shift at the Unocal station breathing gasoline fumes in a booth thats so small it makes the tiger cage in The Deer Hunter look like the Taj Mahal. These people are doing jobs that you would never dream of doing.

Make the effort. It's poor party manners to come to live in this country abd then have a hissy fit because the parking signs aren't posted Hmong, okay? And, uh, don't get uptight because your college is teaching courses n Emerson and Thoreau instead of seventeeth-century Javanese goathed poets, all right? Don't take your kid out of school because her third-grade class made colored Easter Eggs but didn't conduct any druid rituals. You're in America now, so open the closet door and start hanging up your pants and shirts.

But the simple era of immigration is long over. Right now in this country, immigration is looked on about as fondly as Billy Ray Cyrus opening for Trent Reznor. America now has all the grace and snsitivity of a New York City co-op board interviewing Martain Lawrence.

And finally, I don't care how they wait in line in your country. Stop fucking pushing me, okay?

On Time? On Target? Never Quit?

Comments

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

i totally agree with you....

funnily enough i have had a friend unscrew all my lightbulbs....

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

I love it..
    But then again im in Canada.

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

why did u edit Munki i liked ur part about the seperate court systesm adn indo canadians, french canadians, etc....

it wasnt offensive....

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• GamewizeGamewize Member Posts: 956
    I don't mind anyone living in America, they came here seeking a better life, but I have one small request, can't you PLEASE learn english? I mean, its our native tongue, other countries usually require you to learn their language, can't you just, pretty please, learn ours? I think that should be mandatory.

I think it's the objective of your past self to make you cringe.

• RufiusRufius Member Posts: 2,031

Thanks for the laugh and creative writing read.

Professor Hubert Farnsworth - That question is less stupid but, you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253
    Nice Rant FF. You should do it for a living!

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• bhagamubhagamu Member Posts: 425

Your writing is pretty good image. Oh, and Jessica Alba is hot.

www.draftgore.com
    Gore '08

• WindexofDoomWindexofDoom Member Posts: 63

Originally posted by Gamewize
    I don't mind anyone living in America, they came here seeking a better life, but I have one small request, can't you PLEASE learn english? I mean, its our native tongue, other countries usually require you to learn their language, can't you just, pretty please, learn ours? I think that should be mandatory.
    OOOH! YOU JUST GOT FLAMED!!!

• Raist_PkerRaist_Pker Member Posts: 42

Well, America is no longer a melting pot. Its a salad bowl.

I agree that people do take rascist jokes way to seriously but I for one don't. My family immigrated from Sicily to America a few years ago so I get called a "filthy wop" sometimes. It doesn't bother me that much if someone is just messing around for instance, my algebra teacher said i was a wop because "Italians don't change their tires. They just keep on drivin' and it makes a 'wop-wop' noise."

When that happened I didn't raise a rukus or anything but I get mad when "wop" is used as a slur.

• GamewizeGamewize Member Posts: 956

Originally posted by WindexofDoom

You misinterpreted my post. I was talking about IMMIGRANTS, not directing it at the OP.

I think it's the objective of your past self to make you cringe.

• DarktaniaDarktania Member Posts: 805

Originally posted by Raist_Pker

Well, America is no longer a melting pot. Its a salad bowl.
    I agree that people do take rascist jokes way to seriously but I for one don't. My family immigrated from Sicily to America a few years ago so I get called a "filthy wop" sometimes. It doesn't bother me that much if someone is just messing around for instance, my algebra teacher said i was a wop because "Italians don't change their tires. They just keep on drivin' and it makes a 'wop-wop' noise."
    When that happened I didn't raise a rukus or anything but I get mad when "wop" is used as a slur.

I'm with you there. My family immigrated from Sicily to America as well and I'm always hearing Dago and Wop jokes. When I hear them I laugh along too. But God forbid you make a racial joke about their ethnic backgrounds. It's like popular Stand Up comics. Watch the Def comedy Jam and you'll hear a smorgasbord of racial jokes. No problem because I laugh along with them. But if Larry the Cable guy made one racial joke he'd have a law suit slapped on him from the NAACP.

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

Originally posted by FilipinoFury

You Know, this country is ethnically subdividing faster than the uranium-235 atoms in Fat Man and Little Boy. Our Pleasantly bubbling societal jambalaya has boiled over into a provincial brew of suspicion, intolerance, and plain old-notniceness. Now, Im not saying life has to be a fucking Coke commercial, but it would be great if I could tell a Polish joke once in a while without a horde of them descending on my house and unsrewing all my damn lightbulbs, all right?
    You know, if you're going to insist on telling me it's natural for all people of all races and all ethnicities to get along, well, you'er living in a fantasy world fill of elves and fairies. And, incidentally, elves and fairies did'nt get along either.
    They hate each other. Elves refer to fairies as "flying Tinker Bell nancy boys," and fairies call elves "rainbow humping suck pots."You know, really it should be a constant source pf amazement that our country does work on a daily basis and doesn't simply burst into a hundred million separate fistfights.
    And nowhere are these ego-driven prairie skimishes more prevalent than in the Tigris and Euphrates of immigration, good old America.
    Foreigners do not come to this country and take out jobs. Face it, you dont want to be a busboy, or a maid, or the roadside Linus Pauling hawking citrus on the traffic island, or working overnight shift at the Unocal station breathing gasoline fumes in a booth thats so small it makes the tiger cage in The Deer Hunter look like the Taj Mahal. These people are doing jobs that you would never dream of doing.
    Make the effort. It's poor party manners to come to live in this country abd then have a hissy fit because the parking signs aren't posted Hmong, okay? And, uh, don't get uptight because your college is teaching courses n Emerson and Thoreau instead of seventeeth-century Javanese goathed poets, all right? Don't take your kid out of school because her third-grade class made colored Easter Eggs but didn't conduct any druid rituals. You're in America now, so open the closet door and start hanging up your pants and shirts.
    But the simple era of immigration is long over. Right now in this country, immigration is looked on about as fondly as Billy Ray Cyrus opening for Trent Reznor. America now has all the grace and snsitivity of a New York City co-op board interviewing Martain Lawrence.
    And finally, I don't care how they wait in line in your country. Stop fucking pushing me, okay?

Though there are probably a slew of racial jokes and slurs your just itching to use without the threat of bodily harm you should just accept the fact that there is no circumstance where such things are appropiate..ever.  I swear if i had a penny for every time somone thought it was funny to laugh at others expense, my god I would be richimage To me it seems that if these are the only type of things that bring a smile to your face you may need Psyciatric help immediately.

As for the immigration issue. What got me the most was the nationality of thoes who are strongly against it. I did so looking into this and found that thoes who oppesed immigration the most were U.S born hispanics. I have seen it get to the point to where they are even protesting and demanding that they send the illigals back over the boarder. I wish I had more information on why this is but I do not.  Another observation I made was how the Mexican Nationalist almost dispise O.T.Ms or "Other Than Mexican" who once have crossed the boarders are legaly allowed to stay in the U.S once again I don't know the in-depth reason why this is I simply noticed it.

It..Burns..

• 4d3p74d3p7 Member Posts: 189

You misinterpreted my post. I was talking about IMMIGRANTS, not directing it at the OP.

i agree with you man, learn the damn language, especially if you are working somewhere and can't communacate and we have to play sheraids (lmao dunno how to spell it) to buy some damn gum.

and oh guy ur signature of the football guy is insaine!!!!!!

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

As an immigrant myself (from ukraine) im greatfull for the opportunity that Canada gave me to leave all that poverty and corruption behind me and start a new and wonderful life. I feel like a human here, I actualy HAVE human rights, no criminals are harrasing me, im not afraid to go out on the street.

You people who complain about immigrants take your luxuries in life for granted. You dont know that many people in countries suffer greately becuase of lack of basic human needs and rights. In order to care, people need to be educated first - thats where americans fail for the most part.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• shoveitshoveit Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Clexle

i agree with you man, learn the damn language, especially if you are working somewhere and can't communacate and we have to play sheraids (lmao dunno how to spell it) to buy some damn gum.

and oh guy ur signature of the football guy is insaine!!!!!!

yeah, yall should learn ta speek da english languige man.  youse caint be talkin like youse in sum forin counttry n sh1t.  yall got to speek right like me.  you talk good like me and soon you be innergrated and sucksessful and wearin bling bling.  and i spell good too.  by da way, im a white boy.  we all talk like this now.
  • fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

you know within 20 years they say there will be more spanish speaking than english speaking in the u.s.
    its dam close already. so why dont you learn spanish.

And btw english is not the 'native tongue' here. spanish is not an immigrant language. It was here before english in north america

• cloudoffirecloudoffire Member Posts: 271

Originally posted by fulmanfu
    you know within 20 years they say there will be more spanish speaking than english speaking in the u.s.
    its dam close already. so why dont you learn spanish.
    And btw english is not the 'native tongue' here. spanish is not an immigrant language. It was here before english in north america

Where not talkign about 500 years ago where talking about the United States of America. English is the official language all official documents are made in english not spanish. And "they" also said that the united states would be so populated the food that we produced would not be able to sustain the population. I really dont have a problem with people speaking spanish or any other language for that matter but they sohuld at least know some english and i agree if it gets to that point where most americans speak spanish i will take a little time to learn it.

I really dont think that immigrants are takign too many jobs away they work really hard for their jobs. Alot of the illegal ones still get under minimum wage but its still more money then they would make in other countries. About the joking around with other poeples cultures i really dont think thats necisary personaly i dont mind it but im a person thats not easly offended oyher people are very easly offended about their cultures especially if it happend every day. What i do think is ridiculous is taking piggy banks away from english banks because Some people dont eat pork or taking your kids out of school because the pledge of allegiance says god in it.

-Cloudoffire-

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

Originally posted by Vergeltung
    why did u edit Munki i liked ur part about the seperate court systesm adn indo canadians, french canadians, etc....
    it wasnt offensive....

meh, I prefer not to get into discussions like these so I took it out so I wouldnt feel obliged to defend my opinions.

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...