Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Bothered Me Most About NGE...The Senator Shills

2»

Comments

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    Originally posted by Obraik

One of the big "flags" for me was the fact that senators were offered free subs and a host of other free bits, to tow the company line.

This made them defacto part time employees, who sold themselves cheap.

And least in the oldest days, most of the Correspondents (some of whom knew more about the ins and outs of their respective professions than the devs did) had the integrity to quit behind the CU and NGE changes.

The senators in the NGE era, lapdogs....

I was never once given free time from SOE for being a Srenator - infact I never got anything special from them.

The only time I (along with a few others from here) got free time was after the Feb 22 earthquake here in Christchurch in 2011.

Then that makes you the exception. Most other Senators did.

TUX was good enough to provide details on the how the system for game boosters worked.

And didn't they send you a box of swag for hosting an SWG event in the UK?

That doesn't sound like "I never got anything special."

Can't believe I'm defending Obraik... but I believe it was Badgersmaker who hosted events in the UK. Speaking of which, where'd he go?

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086
    Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

One of the big "flags" for me was the fact that senators were offered free subs and a host of other free bits, to tow the company line.

And least in the oldest days, most of the Correspondents (some of whom knew more about the ins and outs of their respective professions than the devs did) had the integrity to quit behind the CU and NGE changes.

I was never once given free time from SOE for being a Srenator - infact I never got anything special from them.

The only time I (along with a few others from here) got free time was after the Feb 22 earthquake here in Christchurch in 2011.

TUX was good enough to provide details on the how the system for game boosters worked.

Can't believe I'm defending Obraik... but I believe it was Badgersmaker who hosted events in the UK. Speaking of which, where'd he go?

You are correct Bob_Blawblaw. He held the event twice that I know of andreceived swag from $OE to give to those who attended his SWG event.

BadgerSmacker abandoned the game shortly after the closure announcement like many other players did. He also stopped posting on the O-board. I have no idea where he ran off to, but I'm sure he is "posting" under another name. image

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Kazara

You are correct Bob_Blawblaw. He held the event twice that I know of andreceived swag from $OE to give to those who attended his SWG event.

BadgerSmacker abandoned the game shortly after the closure announcement like many other players did. He also stopped posting on the O-board. I have no idea where he ran off to, but I'm sure he is "posting" under another name. image

My mistake...

Sometimes I have trouble keeping the shi... er... Fanb... um... boosters straight.

Does not change the fact that the "senators" had various freebies thrown their way, including free sub time, for "advocating" for the game. Whether or not a particular senator did or did not partake does not make much of a difference.

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

My mistake...

Sometimes I have trouble keeping the shi... er... Fanb... um... boosters straight.

Does not change the fact that the "senators" had various freebies thrown their way, including free sub time, for "advocating" for the game. Whether or not a particular senator did or did not partake does not make much of a difference.

I think there were a few senators that were also in some program which promoted $OE games (I cannot recall the exact title of the program) which did pay for subscription fees for particpating players. I also seem to recall that this was a hot-button topic on the O-boards back in the day.

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

I think there were a few senators that were also in some program which promoted $OE games (I cannot recall the exact title of the program) which did pay for subscription fees for particpating players. I also seem to recall that this was a hot-button topic on the O-boards back in the day.

That rings a bell Kaz. I vaguely remember that.