Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

combat: aiming cone shaped damage, require help

adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Ok so I've obviously not made it far in the game, was doing some flashback thing where I'm using a shotgun.  It was one of the most irritating experiences ever.  The shotgun's cone damage abilities didn't center on my target, and frustratingly, it didn't center on where the camera was facing either.

But instead, it centered the cone on where my character was facing, which seems to intentionally lag behind, or have a threshold of difference between that position and the cameras, before the character will shuffle his legs awkwardly to turn and face the same direction as the camera.  So in order to get my character to face the direction I want, and thus the only way to aim cones the right way, is to go back or forward every time I change directions to aim at something.

Is there another way to do this that isn't as stupid?  If an effect isn't going to require a target, then why isn't there a reticle of some sort to aim it properly with? 

Comments

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

Sounds like lag or something, I've never had issues with the shotgun cone abilities.

Also, press t for reticle combat.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by tyfon

Sounds like lag or something, I've never had issues with the shotgun cone abilities.

Also, press t for reticle combat.

Thank you.

It's not lag, you have to pivot the camera a certain amount before your character shuffles over to adjust, and cone damage goes the direction they are facing, not the camera.