Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to get rid of Jita scammers?

2»

Comments

• fenring101fenring101 Member UncommonPosts: 80

some scammers are just plain retarded though, had this one muppet in local claiming that if you send someone 9999999999999999 ISK it will transfer a duplicate amount of what you have in your wallet. Told him to prove it and gained exactly 5mil isk. I mean come on, if he'd given a rounded number it would have been slightly believable.. well probably not but it shows just how idiotic they are.

Simple: if you fall for a scam then dont play when your drunk, or keep all your money on a bank character so when you do put your retard hat on, you dont lose too much.

• HarutoHaruto Member Posts: 175
    Scamming is as much a game mechanic as infiltrating alliances to rob them blind in a few years. Scaming will not go away, personally I love looking at all the scams. Everytime I hit a trade hub I check as many of them as I can to see if there is a new scam out yet, and applaud the scammers with some enough initiative to actually try. Favorite I have seen as of late is a Complete Tengu with all subsystems and Modules for cheap. Except that all the Subsystems are Skillbooks. Love to see scammers who actually bother to try. Too many people just begging for money playing the same I'll double any isk amount you send me.

Eve Online, a world of infinite possibility. Click here for an extended Trial
    Dark-Wind Its War on Wheels!

• EleazarosEleazaros Member UncommonPosts: 206

I hate to say this but that's like asking how to get rid of PvP players in a PvP zone.

Don't  go there.  Anything you want you can put up buy orders for , set up a buy contract for or buy elsewhere.  Jita is a "convenience" shopping place and only on a few items are prices better than you can find elsewhere.

As such, there's no reason to go there beyond convenience shopping and even then - just don't pay attention to Local.  Ignore it and you'll be fine.

Again, I hate saying it but seriously - why the hell are you reading that spammed garbage in the most famously trash-talking system in the game?  It's like complaining bout the old "crossroads local" in WoW -- Don't use it and you're fine.

Oh and yes, you can adjust a "local window" so it doesn't show the text but still lets you see war-targets and the like in system.  A very handy thing to do.

• KhorianKhorian Member Posts: 64
    Jita is the only system in eve where i drop down local chat. There is simply no reason to read it, at all. Only newbs read jita local. 
  • ChristoooChristooo Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Why would you even bother with looking at the Local chat? Haha everything you need can easily be accessed in the market tab.
  • OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by Haruto

Scamming is as much a game mechanic as infiltrating alliances to rob them blind in a few years. Scaming will not go away, personally I love looking at all the scams. Everytime I hit a trade hub I check as many of them as I can to see if there is a new scam out yet, and applaud the scammers with some enough initiative to actually try. Favorite I have seen as of late is a Complete Tengu with all subsystems and Modules for cheap. Except that all the Subsystems are Skillbooks. Love to see scammers who actually bother to try. Too many people just begging for money playing the same I'll double any isk amount you send me.

This ones been around for a while. My only real issue with the scams are the like the ones you just stated. Some of the scams are just super hard to read out because of how they are displayed in the UI not neccesarily because someone is completely oblivious.

That type of scam you mentioned is teetering on exploitive in my opinion. Only because the game itself does not display the information on contracts like that correctly. If it straight up read Tengu subsystem skill book instead of just Tengu Subsystem then I wouldn't be so negative towards it.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.