Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The 25 Most Disturbing Trends in Video Games

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Interesting, the list itself was pretty standard. Could have been shorted down as well. Some I agree with, some I either don't care or don't agree with.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Yeah mostly all console trends and the reason why I wont buy one again, the last one I owned was a PS
  • ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    I get the impression the author does not like Microsoft much. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by Scarfe

Who does?

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by tixylix
    Originally posted by Scarfe

Who does?

I dunno, I feel fairly indifferent to it; I quite like my xbox and I like windows and the office suit, but then I am also fairly indifferent to Apple which many people are not.  That aside there are a lot of very repetitive swipes at the xbox dashboard in the list. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• AlsoHereAlsoHere Member Posts: 5
    Remember the old days? You'd just put in a cartridge, hit the power switch and there it is.. Good old times! Fully Agree with the Dashboard Adverts thing! Don't need to be urged to watch Coldplay when I fire up the ol' Xbox
  • drewster23drewster23 Member Posts: 12
    Pretty bland list, only few are actually a downward tend slash disturbing. I dont know why the article complains about netflix costing them extra money.  And the dashboard ad argument is plain dumb.  How much time does one spend on the dashboard, extremely little.  You dont even have to go through to play a game.  
  • AlauranAlauran Member Posts: 10
    Only a few I agree with
  • ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    The things I agreed with were Counsellor-Troi obvious and the article on the whole had that hangover-meets-looming-deadline feel to it.
  • Yodi2007Yodi2007 Member Posts: 167
    Sad but it's the truth about gaming! Angry Joe did a segment of the Halo/mountain dew & Doritos game reviewers!

Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5164689#5164689

• GdougGdoug Member Posts: 13

I wanted to read it, but splitting it into 25 pages is just obnoxious.

If they want traffic that badly, have more articles on your site worth reading.

Gdoug, currently playing Threshold RPG (role playing required MUD)
    http://www.thresholdrpg.com

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

I pretty much agree with everything stated in the article.

Games "cater" to "casuals" by dumbing down content and making the learning curve non existant. This does not make a better game, nor does it serve to entertain a "castual" player in the long run.

These simplifications are very transparent when an MMO is being designed for cross platform... I tried CO, i wondered why I owned an 17 button mouse and keyboard. Hell I wondered why i owned a 3 button mouse and half a keyboard.

Fluff being microtransactioned out the butt annoys the piss out of me. If your game is free, sure. If I paid $60 for your game, and I pay a sub fee every month... Give me access to the entire damn game.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by AlsoHere
    Remember the old days? You'd just put in a cartridge, hit the power switch and there it is.. Good old times! Fully Agree with the Dashboard Adverts thing! Don't need to be urged to watch Coldplay when I fire up the ol' Xbox

I wouldn't mind so much if Live didn't cost $45 per year. Granted it's not that much money in the grand scheme of things, but if I'm watching ads, then I should be getting something for my time.