Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much Cost? QUESTIONS GALORE

SquallSquall Member Posts: 5

Hoiw much is the PC version gonna cost? And how much is it gonna cost monthly? How much is the PS2 version gonna cost? How much monthly for that? When do they come out?

Comments

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

I believe the PC version will cost $49.99 and be $12.95 a month.  As for the PS2 version,  I'm not sure.  SONY is making a harddrive to go with FFXI and the PS2,  they will be bundeled together... as for the price per month... $12.95.

When is it coming out?  I thought the end of this year,  I could be wrong on all of it too.  image

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • UiruruUiruru Member Posts: 984
    hmmm... yeah... maybeimageimage

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Oh my god... dont ask where i found it

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 98% who has, copy & paste this in your signature.

A: 73% S: 66% K: 33% E: 26%

• InferynoInferyno Member Posts: 42
    The subscription is going to be 12.95 but if you want to play tetra master(card game from FF9) it will be $1 added onto what your paying. Also if you want to create more than one characters that will be $1 added onto your subcription. I know what your thinking that's crazy but it's worth it not the extra character but the tetra master is and 12.95 is a good price because there is no lag on there servers and I have dial-up.

Flame on!

Flame on!

• Dark-BladeDark-Blade Member Posts: 19
    Question Question flame person r u a beta tester???image

• InferynoInferyno Member Posts: 42
    Yes I am a beta tester.

Flame on!

Flame on!

• jleach12jleach12 Member Posts: 10
    I was very dissapointed when i figured out it was $12.95. It was supposed to be $10 but i guess that changed. I don't spend much money on video games and i probably won't get this now.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

If you live in Japan it will be $10,  US is $12.95.

Also Inferno,  the reason why there's no lag is because there's probably no one on the servers yet. ;)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • Dark-BladeDark-Blade Member Posts: 19
    I don't think that is true these servers are HUGE and there is lotza people in japan to play the game so If there was gonna be lag with lotza people you would all ready know and you especially knotice it on the beta server and along with huge servers there is like 30 of them to spead out on I don't think there will be that much lag

• TidaneTidane Member Posts: 34
    If you play the JPN version it is $10, not live in Japan. If you look at the server specs, you'll see why we have to pay $10-$13 (US or JPN) for a monthy fees. I was looking, and I e-mailed the company about cost (they don't have it on the website, not a good thing, I belive it may be there now though) and many were in upwards of $500,000 per server. There were ones with even crazier specs, costing up to $1 million. Yes, you read correct. That is what I was told in the e-mail. They asked what I wanted, and I replied I couldn't afford 1/100 of one, lol.

Name: Tidane
    Race: Hume
    Class: Warrior
    Level: N/A
    Link: Vana'diel Warriors

• .shiro.shiro Member Posts: 2
    hey does anyone know the system specs for the computer version.. and secondly the tetra game, are they gonna use the rules from 9 or 8?

• SamusicSamusic Member CommonPosts: 466

*Looks at his beta box*

Windows 98/98 SE/Me/2000/XP

Intel Pentium III 800 Mhz or higher

128 MB RAM

6 GB free hard drive space

NVIDIA GeForce series with 32MB or ATI RADEON 9000 series graphics card (AGP only)

DirectX 8.1

DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

CD-ROM drive

Keyboard and mouse

56K  or faster internet connection

About the card game, in FFVIII the game was Triple Triad. In FFIX the game was Tetra Master. They are two different games, and Tetra Master is the card game avaliable for play.

• .shiro.shiro Member Posts: 2

coolie.. *dances* i loved tetra master!! anyways one more question... is the system like everquest where you start off as a certain class and stick to it or is it like ragnarok where you spend hours and levels as a basic char and then you pick your class?

You pick a class at the beginning of the game, but if you decide you don't like it you can change it in your mog house at any time.

• TidaneTidane Member Posts: 34
    I would advise you to choose wisly though. I believe certian equipment differs for each class.

At the beginning it is very general. Even around level 30 and 40 there is equipment for several different jobs.

• DrunkenTigerDrunkenTiger Member Posts: 1
    i just found out this game will cost $242.45 for a year subscription, the game and the hard drive. thats bull ill play for about 2 months since the first month is free.i think i did something wrong since i just signed up for this website. did i post this on the board?
  • LexingtonLexington Member Posts: 73

I thought i said this already, but i guess not.  The PS2 Hard drive will only be about $119.95

The PS2 hardrive atuomatically includes...

FFXI

Media thingy

and 2 other things i forget which.

to buy a completly PS2 hard drive with no extras its abnout $80

I don't know where you learned math, but at 12.95 per month a year subscription would be $155.40. Also, the fee is usually cheaper with MMORPGs if you pay for many months in advance.