Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

As a new player should I get the expansion?

hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
My old battle chest got upgraded to wrath of the lich king.  If I were to play from scratch would i benefit from getting cataclysm and mists?

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Depends if you want to play the new Monk Class ~ if so then yes you will need to purchase MoP.  Without MoP, you can still visit Pandaria and quest there, as well as make a Panda character.   {At least the prologue quests, not sure about the high level zones and quests, you may need to own MoP to access them, not sure...}
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by Khrymson
    Depends if you want to play the new Monk Class ~ if so then yes you will need to purchase MoP.  Without MoP, you can still visit Pandaria and quest there, as well as make a Panda character.   {At least the prologue quests, not sure about the high level zones and quests, you may need to own MoP to access them, not sure...}

does cata do anything worthwhile in the beginning zones?

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354
    I believe Cata added a bunch of improved beginning questlines.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by huskie77

Those are available to everyone. The entire old world as it is now is available to everyone no matter which expansions they have.

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by colddog04

Those are available to everyone. The entire old world as it is now is available to everyone no matter which expansions they have.

So the only reason to buy expansions is for classes?

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by colddog04

So the only reason to buy expansions is for classes?

correct, until you reach your level cap, then you will need the expansions to progress further.