Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV:ARR ~ Beta Test Application & A New Beginning Movie

KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

* Now Recruiting Beta Testers!

In preparation for the upcoming launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn on Windows PC and PlayStation 3, we are looking for enthusiastic players to take part in the beta test.

• Players who met the Legacy campaign requirements can participate in the beta test starting from phase 1 and are not required to apply. However, we ask players who wish to participate in the PlayStation 3 beta test to apply for it.
  • If you applied to be a PlayStation 3 beta tester for FFXIV Version 1.0 and were selected to test the Windows version instead, you need not apply again to test the PS3 version—your original application will be reconsidered when we start selecting PS3 testers. However, if you wish to be considered as a Windows PC tester, we ask that you apply specifically for that.

A New Beginning ~ Opening of FFXIV: ARR

Five years have passed since the "End of an Era," and the time has finally come for our adventurers to return to Eorzea. Bear witness to the dawn of a new age in this prologue video for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn!

~{ ^ Do note that 'End of An Era'  {the FFXIV 1.0 ending } plays for the first 5:30 and that 'A New Beginning' doesn't start until 5:31 ^ }~

You can read more about the Beta Test Details and Requirements here!

Comments

• EnsiferEnsifer Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Already signed up cant wait for beta!
  • AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    I wasn't expecting them to release the rest of the video so soon. :D
  • KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Yeah, I and many others were hoping for the 1st benchmark instead, ah well!  As a Legacy Account holder I'll get to play again soon enough.  I already have a very good PC, so no need to worry if I can run it.  Was getting over 80fps in the Alpha.
  • KingKaioKingKaio Member Posts: 48
    Signed up for PS3 BETA

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Only American countries seem to be listed for applicants, where is the rest of the world?  Doesnt affect me as a legacy player, but still I'd like to think that everyone has a chance outside of the American zone.
  • NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Cod_Eye
    Only American countries seem to be listed for applicants, where is the rest of the world?  Doesnt affect me as a legacy player, but still I'd like to think that everyone has a chance outside of the American zone.

There is a different page for each part of the world.  Go to your local lodestone and use the link there.

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264

Hey guys I do not see an option to open an application on the beta detail page am I missing something? I am logged in with my account.

giving me this error

Unable to send due to an unknown error. 
    Please wait a while and try again from the beginning.

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    I got that as well. I think the link is dodgy. Try going to the lodestone site on your own.
  • eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264

Yeap going to the Loadstone worked. 

• MeathooksMeathooks Member Posts: 10

A New Beginning was pretty cool, mostly it was a catharsis to End of an Era's open ending. Nice to get a glance at Odin (he's just sick!), and I'm now totally pumped for ARR, can't think of a better way to get people interested in the beta.

Really eager to get in and do my own part to help make ARR a solid game at launch. Not to mention see what the game is like firsthand!

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Thank god I'm a Legacy player!

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Added beta sign-up links for US, EU and JP to the OP.  Didn't think to do that at first..lol
  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Hell I still have my code to beta ps3 from version 1.0 got it from FFXIII . funny thing I went to sign up and it said ERROR email already in use , hope that's a good sign LOL.

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• jdstock76jdstock76 Member Posts: 2
    app sent .... very excited

ASUS Sabertooth Z77, i7 3770K OCd to 4.223 Ghz, G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16Gb CL8, EVGA GTX 660 ti x2, OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb, Seagate Barracuda 1Tb 7200 RPM, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750W, Rosewill THOR V2