Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is it with EU puplishing / P7S1 Games?

anothernameanothername Member UncommonPosts: 200

Hello,

a few friends try to get me into another recently F2P by Sony; one that already has been announced that ProSiebenSat1 Games will handle it in EU. The first few reactions I read make them sound like an evil, incompetent version of Frogster (Of whom I already though it cannot get worse). Since you (at least the EU ones) already playing under P7S1 games for some time: Is it really that bad or is it just exaggerated? How is your experience with them?

Comments

• BrezjnevBrezjnev Member UncommonPosts: 98

The prosieben game division is basically the company Alaplaya, which for the last few years has ran tiny asian games for the western market. While doing so they quickly garnered a horrendous reputation and they were regarded as being completely incompetent (just google alaplaya/prosieben, the first result lists a few of the things they've done).

Having said that, most of the things listed there are old news so maybe against all odds the people behind the company have learned from their mistakes. I'm also interested in giving DCUO another run, but before risking making an alaplaya account, I'd like to know if it's worth the effort/risk, so I'm very interested in hearing how DCUO europe is doing.

A couple of questions someone might have an answer too:

Is there a DCUO player from before the transition and who still plays today, who can shed some light on how DCUO europe is doing now compared to before?

Have they deleted any characters? I haven't played since before the transition and never transferred my account (I checked it when I got the mail, but their system was bogus and I never tried making it work), and back then there was talk of characters being deleted after 90 days of inactivity.

How is the population on the european server? How mature is the community? Is the english community vibrant enough? Are there any mature english leagues? How is the pug scene for doing alerts or raids?

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Brezjnev

A couple of questions someone might have an answer too:

Is there a DCUO player from before the transition and who still plays today, who can shed some light on how DCUO europe is doing now compared to before?

Have they deleted any characters? I haven't played since before the transition and never transferred my account (I checked it when I got the mail, but their system was bogus and I never tried making it work), and back then there was talk of characters being deleted after 90 days of inactivity.

How is the population on the european server? How mature is the community? Is the english community vibrant enough? Are there any mature english leagues? How is the pug scene for doing alerts or raids?

I haven't played since months, so these might not be 100% accurate. I just finished updating the client and checked back for a quick play, but someone who actively plays could give more precise answers...

-The transition was pretty smooth, maybe took a few minutes, we had to create a p7s1 account and the rest was automatic.

-I think I stayed out of the game more than 90 days since the transfer, so for the character delete I think the answer is no. My alts were there where I left them. But I don't know the case with non-transferred characters.

-Population seemed more or less like last year's during Larfleeze chase (and sunday evening is peak time here in most mmo's anyways). A funny thing though, there was a login queue that I never saw before, and  while it was short for premiums, the free queue was pretty long :) but it doesn't mean anything, they can easily set up a low free entry number for lenghten the queue...

N/a for community's english and maturity and the leagues. The Legend and Alert queues were average I guess.