Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth: Log in With Your G1 Account Now

Starting today you will be required to log into Fallen Earth with the use of your G1, GamersFirst account! If you haven't already transferred your account over, make sure you do it.

Starting now you'll use your GamersFirst account to log in to Fallen Earth. If you haven't already, make sure to head over to the account merge page to merge your Fallen Earth account with GamersFirst...OR just log in to the game now to start the process!

REMEMBER: If you pay with a credit card, you’re good to go and can log in now. Note that if you visit your account page right now it may incorrectly say that you don’t have an active subscription. This is only temporary while we finish transitioning some information on the back-end.

Read more at the Official Fallen Earth Website.

Comments

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Is Fallen Earth going free-to-play, or is GamersFirst going pay-to-play?

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Fallen Earth is indeed going F2P, announcement was made quite some time ago.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by Vhaln

Fallen Earth is headed towards Cash Shop to Play.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Free to play?  *shrugs*

Cash shop? meh...

But what really bugs me is when I read that they are implementing fast travel options, even in small towns. I liked the idea of having to travel through the lands, and meeting on the way players who might need help, or could help me, or just went into the same direction. It makes the game alive and helps with immersion.

Fast travel -> people appearing out of thin air

Fast travel -> fewer people travelling around -> landscape gets even emptier and barren...

Can't stand fast travel. I was so glad that FE didn't have any. And now that will change.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

I'm glad I had time to enjoy FE before all these cater-to-the-masses changes start to get implemented. The ironic thing is that a lot of players that like the way FE plays don't want these types of themepark instant gratification added, but rather, have the ideas that make the game special improved upon and expanded. Maybe I'm wrong...good luck Fallen Earth. I will miss you.

Joined - July 2004

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by maji

Free to play?  *shrugs*

Cash shop? meh...

But what really bugs me is when I read that they are implementing fast travel options, even in small towns. I liked the idea of having to travel through the lands, and meeting on the way players who might need help, or could help me, or just went into the same direction. It makes the game alive and helps with immersion.

Fast travel -> people appearing out of thin air

Fast travel -> fewer people travelling around -> landscape gets even emptier and barren...

Can't stand fast travel. I was so glad that FE didn't have any. And now that will change.

I couldn't agree more.

I have been against adding fast travel options since the beginning, I remember people trying to rationalize it with statements about there being train tracks in place and how a railroad system would work, but I never supported any of those ideas and have always spoken out against them.

Remnants of humanity being able to cobble a makeshift vehicle together from parts is completely feasible. That having been said, fast travel makes no sense at all. It is not supposed to be easy to get around, the continent has been devastated, the very nature of the setting is based around a harsh environment and humanity rising up out of the ashes.

Disappointing.

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256

I'm also no friend of cheap and easy fast travel but I understand its purpose of eliminating boring repetitive journeys for the veterans of the game. So fast travel should be paid for (with ingame money) and the higher your level the more it should cost (think replacement of taxes => money sink). Thus it would just be a matter of proper balancing.

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489

Does this mean its free right now or are we still waiting on the free to play to be added?

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

Originally posted by purewitz

Does this mean its free right now or are we still waiting on the free to play to be added?

what dont you understand about their anouncement of the game being f2p..

yes free.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

A fast travel option I wouldn't mind would be something like a train travelling between the largest cities. So that players would have to wait for the train at the train station, pay money for a ticket. and then wait in the train until it brings them to their destination. 

Anything but the "I press one button and now I am at the other end of the game" thing.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Originally posted by Onigod

Originally posted by purewitz

what dont you understand about their anouncement of the game being f2p..

yes free.

The game is not Free 2 Play right now.

Tone down the cruelty.

• genclaymoregenclaymore Member UncommonPosts: 44

The game is not cash shop to win either, the items in the cash shop doesnt give you any adv. there just for looks or bank slots. It still pay to play but with the option to play for free using a unlimited trial account. You still can do every thing in the game but there gonna be some kind of a limit.

• genclaymoregenclaymore Member UncommonPosts: 44

Or past players who havent paid there sub should most likey turn into a unlimited trial account, kinda like CO F2P path but with less limits then CO's Sliver account.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Originally posted by genclaymore

Or past players who havent paid there sub should most likey turn into a unlimited trial account, kinda like CO F2P path but with less limits then CO's Sliver account.

As far as I know if you've ever had a sub, or paid for the game itself, you don't get the same restrictions as someone starting on the F2P version. I'm not 100% on that, but I'm hoping my 22 months of subbing will protect my characters should I feel the need to take a break from the game (and my sub).

I'm keeping a sub up until the end of the year, and then seeing how I feel about it. I'm still convinced that getting rid of the test server was a terrible mistake.

• charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381

Free to play you wish i added my acount to gamersfirst and it saying i need a subscription to play as acount expired.

• DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175

As mentioned on the blog, GamersFirst will be giving out free G1 Credits to all actively subscribed accounts that complete the merge process as our way of saying thank you!Please note that this is not the Free2Play transition. Gameplay and content will not be affected by this downtime, and subscriptions will still be required once the game is available.

If you notice any issues, please report them via the forums or in-game. Your support is appreciated while we work to bring everything back online!

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

Apparently several people need to go read up on things they are complaining about before they start typing again...

Also, FE LLC was talking about implimenting a limited fast transit system for ages before G1 got involved and bought them out. The system as proposed makes sense lore-wise, so I don't really have an issue with it. I probably won't use it all that often, and I imagine with the limitations and cost associated it's going to be something you only use sparingly to travel large distances.

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

Cant log in with my G1 account. Even thou Ive transferd my account. It seems to be a outspread problem :/

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.

Originally posted by mymmo

Cant log in with my G1 account. Even thou Ive transferd my account. It seems to be a outspread problem :/

Try logging in with your email address rather than your handle, worked for me. I also launched it from the g1 launcher rather than the FE one on my desktop.

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

I've looked at gamersfirst other game offerings and I'm not impressed.  I wouldn't want to be included with that stable of losers. 

When you have to log into a portal site to play a game, for me the whole experience is cheapened.  The whole process makes the game seem inferior.

Portals are a crutch for weak, old, low pop games.......kinda like a retirement home imo.

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

Originally posted by Hopscotch73

Originally posted by mymmo

Try logging in with your email address rather than your handle, worked for me. I also launched it from the g1 launcher rather than the FE one on my desktop.

Thanks for your effort to help. I tried them both and it didnt work, I will contact G1. Once again thanks for the effort :)

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.

Aw darnation, hope G1 can help you sort it out.

Nothing worse than bering kept from playing by something you have no control over.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

Originally posted by Vhaln

Since it is GamerFirst, it is going pay to win.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• Mcknight58Mcknight58 Member Posts: 2
    i dont know how to reply to the topic and im just asking but, i just bought the game and installed it and i dont have an account so i go to "create account" and it loads for about 5 minutes then says it cant connect to the web interface. Can anyone help me?