Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sick of 'target, faceroll keyboard' games.

AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

And due to me knowing exactly what you might call the style, I am looking for a third person shooter style combat AKA raiderz, tera, dragons nest, etc.

I would prefer open world mmo, pvp might be ok(but only if its safe in nublet areas)

Just utterly sick of all the 'new and innovative' games which just do the same old frakin thing over and over and over.

no more faceroll=win games please.

So anyone able to add to the list of action combat style games such as the above?(Tera style combat)

Ones I know about so far are:

vindictus

Tera

Raiderz

Dragon Nest

DCUO(imo not really much of a mmo but was fun to 30)

continent of the ninth(C9)

Thanks for anyone who can help expand this list.

Comments

• lan242lan242 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    If your down to pay for it Darkfall Unholy Wars is pretty good so far has a great siege system and mechanics, if the company can get it right this time around could be a reall popular game id said its def. worth looking into
  • AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Games like that really need a 2-3 day trial, or some way to 'test' the game itself(Even if only the tutorial zones)

I fell into the 'pay for it and sub 3 months first' trap enough times (And not enjoy the game one bit since it was just not how it 'looked' on reviews) that I won't ever again pay before I can play (Or at least get a much better idea of how the game plays)

But I do have to say that I have been (loosly) following darkfalls progress, and it at least does intrest me somewhat.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    DDO is pretty close to action third person shooter combat, although it might not be in all modes.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

2+ years in ddo, would suggest it for most(at least before the recent 'lets jump on the bandwagon and visit forgotten relms' patch) but the animation is HORRID for combat moves. Still wonder why they have kept with that utterly ridiculous and foolish looking style.

non melee combat animations, and the rest of the game, is defiantly worth spending 10bucks and a few months, and I would recommend everyone give it a go(Really, gotta get past korthos and harbor and make a judgment then, too easy to walk away before then lol) but I have experienced burnout on ddo quite a while back.

• skamperskamper Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Tera combat isn't even that unique. It's a "faux target" system similar to SWG and then the same ol hotkeys.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Originally posted by AtmaDarkwolf

And due to me knowing exactly what you might call the style, I am looking for a third person shooter style combat AKA raiderz, tera, dragons nest, etc.

I would prefer open world mmo, pvp might be ok(but only if its safe in nublet areas)

Vendetta Online on Windows RT and Android defaults to 3rd person view.  You can set it manually to 3rd person on PC by going under 'Options'.

Open world PvP, safe in the nublet zone; check.  It's actually safe-ish in most areas that are monitored/guarded unless you run into a chaotic player with decent piloting skills that doesn't care about his/her faction standing.  In most of greyspace, anything goes.

There is also a free trial that lasts 8 hours once you leave the starter area.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• BabySaamBabySaam Member Posts: 9
    Well this video just helped me decide what to play, not sure it's what you're looking for though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lO0G5d8NDI&feature=youtu.be worth a shot though