Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An Amazing Event, Thanks to all my Support!

narfinarfi Member UncommonPosts: 178

I am pretty excited, I just won a Mothership worth $10,000usd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzMkgK59NcY&hd=1

Less than a week left in a 6month grind event and I was losing with no hope to win.
I had committed myself though, I promised myself and I promised Zal(my friend and main competition) that I wouldn't stop till the end, regardless of if I was winning with a huge margin, or loosing with a huge margin.
So many people had helped me that I didn't want to let them down.

After 1.5months of terrible losses I needed two HOFs of 2011ped or higher to regain the lead, and I knew that was impossible but I just kept grinding at a steady and as eco a pace as I could.
My only hope was that since THINGs had never dropped a high multiplier that if I continued to the end I may hit an ATH and be able to purchase the Mothership from Zal. (then we would both win :P )

Thursday hope was renewed when we got a small UBER followed by the first big UBER we needed. (2308ped HOF)

With renewed hope we knew we only needed one more HOF of over 2011ped to win or at least regain the lead.
I got home from work Friday night and my wife (Jessica Riley) told me to skip family time and hunt as hard as I could.
We went 6+ hours hard that night without achieving anything higher than a 945ped HOF.
As soon as I woke up Saturday morning we went hard all day long with terrible loots again the biggest hof being a 401pedder.
I collected guns and left over ammo from everyone and took a short break for supper.
After TTing loot and repairing everything I realized we only had about 2k ped left for ammo. Normally this budget would restrict us to just TT Shotguns for support, but this close to the end I knew it was all or nothing, with only enough ammo for the support team to go for a couple hours we started hard into the THINGs again, and wasn't long before we were rewarded with the 2nd HOF required to take back the lead. A nice one this time, 4149ped HOF. (at the time we got this hof there were 30+ support shooters with me)

After a 15 minute break for answering PMs and trying to get my heart to slow down we had to decide what our stratagy was going to be. We could either stop and hope that by not 'feeding the lootpool' we would reduce Zals chances of the 2 big hofs he would need to beat us. (at that point he needed to get 2x 1717ped hofs or higher to take the lead again)
Or, we could keep going as hard as we could because we only needed one more big one combined with the 4k in-case Zal did manage to get the 2 he needed.

We decided to keep going, and hunted hard the rest of the night without any luck.

We woke up the next morning to find that Zal's team had more than doubled in size and they had been going hard at it all night. (with time zone differences their day hunts occurred during my nights)

My team started showing up and we went hard at it all day again without much luck. Zal and his team got 2x 1k ped HOFs, and each time my heart stopped till I could register the value and realize it wasn't quite as big as he needed.

Towards evening Zal and his team went to bed (was late night/early morning for them) and we kept going for a while still with no luck. All profits from the 4k ped HOF were already gone and we were running on fumes again, not only were we running out of ped for ammo, but also guns were breaking. (thankfully Chilax and Rejman both have shops/booths on Rocktropia now and I was able to restock when needed)

We broke for dinner and I logged back in for our last hard grind. (this was Sunday night, and I had work on Monday morning so couldn't continue hard like we had for the weekend)

After TTing loot and re-distributing guns/ammo to the support team we started the craziest night of my EU carrier.

4 UBERs in just a couple hours one of which topped the earlier 2308 so upped my score even further.
(1121, 1259, 1544, 2687ped HOFs)

The 2.6k HOF came about 2hrs before we usually break for the night, but I was exhausted, and figured that we had used up all our luck for the night. Stopping there would maybe make it harder for Zal to get any big ones the next day.

The event was officially over an hour or two ago, and although there is no Official word from Neverdie yet, I am sure I have won the Mothership.

The list of people who helped me is huge but here are some of the names,

#1 is my wife Jessica Riley, she put up with me and took care of our 2yr old son with minimal help from me during the course of this event.

#2 is my wife Jessica Riley, she supported me through the entire event both emotionally and by shooting and faping when needed.

Skeezer, without him I never would have gone to Rocktropia and certainly wouldn't have stayed. He was our main 'Flamer' for the entire event and the only guy that was there week in and week out the entire time. (1-2 week break for cyrene opening)

Gor, Wizzo, Thoth, Tamlin, Dragon, OZ, Alhana, etc.... too many names to count for Scouting, Tagging, Dragging, and helping hand out guns and ammo so I could stay busy shooting.

Lost Renegades my society, for putting up with my lack of response or involvement with the Society for so long as well as many of them coming and supporting me in the hunts or transporting loot or weapons when needed.

The several people who though not involved physicaly with my hunts were always in PM with me helping me to plan and stratagize. Without them my small ped card would not have survived beyond the first month.

Zal, Jag, BKK, Tzepu, etc... for being great competitors and making this the challenge it truly was, these people played with great sportsmanship and made this event something enjoyable to be involved with.

Zal esp.. as my main opponent demonstrated great sportsmanship the entire time, and I was in pm with him daily comparing notes and making sure we were not stepping on each others toes.

During the course of the event different players gave me weapons and ped to the total of around 1kped worth. Each time a gift like this came in was right when I was the lowest and most in need, Those injections into both my resources and spirit got me through each of those stages and without them probably would not have lasted to the end.

During my hunts I would spawn my Helicopter next to the revival building and asked everyone who helped me to request access, I used the guest list as a way to track everyone who helped me, and that list grew beyond 200players this weekend. Without these people helping me selflessly for so long, I couldn't have accomplished what we did.

I had planned on writing down all 200+ names, but don't know when I will have the energy to do it. You guys know who you are, and you are the crew of the new Mothership when it gets delivered

Thanks to everyone, its been a wild ride....

narfi

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I have no idea what half of that means, but you seem excited and a $10k anything is super-win by ANY measure, so congrats, man! :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185

Your wife must really love you. Congradulations to you and everyone involved.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

cool story bro

i have no idea

So What Now?

• MRufenPowerMRufenPower Member Posts: 3
    Im glad I helped a little on this adventure. Glad you won in the end, I knew you could do it :).
  • BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

I have never even heard of this game, and after watching your video I'm not sure why. I haven't looked into what the game actually is and what 99% of the things you talked about mean, but it looks pretty awesome (no, I don't mean the graphics). There seems to be a lot of areas to travel, I mean you can even go into space? The first thing I thought of when I saw the video you posted was "Why can't EA put a star wars theme to this and make this the true star wars mmo everyone wants?" Again, I know nothing about combat or anything, but this looks great.

Congratulations on your (Johnny drama voice) VICTORYY! and mostly congrats for finding a significant other cool with you dedicating such a chunk of time to an mmo lol.

• narfinarfi Member UncommonPosts: 178

Thanks for the comments guys.

Since posting here I received the Mothership as my prize and have started up a shipping company within the game.

I have hired a few dozzen players who run it and one other ship for me, and we offer the only 24/7 transport warp service currently in the game. (there are several warp services, but we are the only one operating around the clock from all time zones)

If anyone needs to travel between planets, just contact my crew in the chat at EntropiaTransport.com and they will hook you up with a flight.

gl and have fun :)

narfi