Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Damn! This game Is really shaping up!

drean93drean93 Member UncommonPosts: 5

I have been following the game for quite some time now but never really have gotten into it because of bugs and other issues but the game is now really starting to bloom! There will always be bugs, can't argue with that but right now the game is very playable and that brings me a lot of joy as a follower of the game!

I really recommend all of you to give Mortal Online another chance and maybe discover that it isn't such a bad game after all!  

Comments

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    It is already on my hard drive so maybe I will. I thought this game had an amazing immersive feel. It was epic but I only played a few days due to bugs. Maybe I'll try it out again.
  • PoachinatorPoachinator Member UncommonPosts: 80

I agree. I played beta and launch and thought the game was terrible a few years ago. Just picked it up after it went F2P after being bored with everything else and I have been amazed. It gives me the feeling that the original EQ did over 10 years ago. I go to bed thinking of ways I want to spend my next day with my MO Character.

Get ready for the trolls though, they should be here any minute. Sure they will point out you only have 4 posts. 

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Sorry, but the game needs to be in a better state than just playable for MO to get me to reinstall..
  • EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    [mod edit]
  • TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    ^ "Get off my lawn!"

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Everyone was new once. Please don't pounce on low post-count posters. If you feel there's anything else going on, you can always report something for us to look into.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

The problem is he isnt new. 

Account was created back in 09.   Just doesnt post much 4 times to be exact. 

On topic.

The problem with the game is its developement has been a joke.   The game has been riddled with bugs, glitches and exploits since day one of launch.   Sure it has a UO'ish feel to it, but most people who say that only played UO when they were kids or never played another sandbox game to truely understand how lacking MO really is.   Sure you have housing and crafting but there isnt free housing, meaning I cant put a house where ever I want, or build a house the way I want it.   Then there is the furnishing issues, there are none that work.    Crafting is completely oriented around combat, which UO was not.    The game has A LOT of glaring issues that keep a good portion of the hardcore sandbox players away.   Does that make MO a bad game no.   Its just not a good game.  

Its really closer to Mount & Blade Online than UO.   And even then I would rather play M&B:Warband on one of the persistant world servers then play MO.  

So much crap, so little quality.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by Hodo

Its really closer to Mount & Blade Online than UO.  

I consider that an insult to the M&B devs.

MO's combat has never even come close to M&B's smooth precicion and skill-based immersiveness.

It's more like playing Daggerfall online, with some boring grind on the side. The core combat system is very undynamic and unresponsive, and on top of that you have to struggle with constant glitches, desync, bugs, and exploiting, hacking assholes.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

I watched the most recent good pvp video and now, you see players parrying and exchaning blows at the same time. Before, because of the sync lag problem, you had 2 choice. Hold parry the whole time or spam with your pike(spear). Now, i see less spikes, more different weapons and even daggers in some recent video.

The game is really getting better, specially the pve part. Well, pve was always good, just retarded that a pig, gazel or rabbit can fight lol.

So far, only thing i hate is the fact that it still look like it takes too long to take down a player. Chasing a player who is almost dead still takes less than 30 minutes.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

it's really impossible to tell from videos how the prediction is working. i knew people that could block almost anything even when the prediction was at it's worst. how did they do it? by exploiting the prediction system, by besically guessing correctly where the computer thought you were instead of where it showed you on the screen. 

sure, if both players are from teh same area and have the same latency, same distance from server, same computers, same lag than it all fine and dandy. sadly when you have a NA player fighting VS an EU player combat goes to complete crap and peopel start hitting you from 20 feet away with their back turned to you. blocking becomes almost impossible and you are back to exploiting the prediction system. 

not to enven mention people that used to throttle their lag at will in order to make it almost impossibe to hit them when they were in a pinch....i know for a fact this has not been fixed.

this of course would be greately minimized by having more servers spread arround the world, but this is never going to happen unless MO wins some sort of lottery.

i waited almost 2 years for SV to fix this and it never happened dispite their continuous promesis that "this patch has fixed prediction". not falling for it anymore.