Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expansion: what do YOU want?

So the expansion is announced. As far as I can see we only have some basic details. A teaser.

I'm not sure when it is planned to be released, but before I pass judgement on it I'd like more info on what I'll be doing if I buy it.

Will there be lower level areas to hunt in, quests to do, or is it aimed at 60 plus? What will the level 60s find themselves doing? Raids only? Solo, small group fighting in outdoor/instance areas? A variety of interesting quests or repeatable quests to grind for rep? Flying mounts, grind for cash, or a quest? How hard will it be to reach the new level cap? Will MC/BWL get boosted to account for higher level gear? What new gear will drop? Oh, and PvP, ofcourse?

So...

What are you hoping to see in a new expansion?

Me? I'd like some higher level monsters to kill solo, when I have little time, or while setting up a group. Some group encounters, so that me and one or two guildies can go do something, without the whole business of setting up a 10-15 man raid. And quests!! Not tasks, kill X number of Uber_spider001, but story driven, lore based, making me travel about, perform different tasks, and ending in a REAL reward, not just XP. No more quests with 1 gold reward, and XP I can't use, once maxed out again. Oh, and a true quest to get my flying mount; I don't wanna grind out kills on non XP mobs for the cash I need to buy one. And maybe a long quest to allow me to take up a third profession.

And PvP? Well they have the chance to make some REAL town raids, objectives to capture, hold, gain back. Not in sterilised BGs, but out in the world where ANYONE and join in, for half an hour or five. A couple of castles to capture, siege, NPCs inside them, that sell you unique items, some FFA PvP areas, warzones, hmm, the list goes on.

Comments

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

There is still alot that Blizzard hasn't announced yet. They have only announced the basic framework so far.
    Alliance race still needs to be announced, the other new areas need to be announced, more instances, battlegrounds and so on.

The expansion is aimed at both 60 and 0+ players. That is why Blizzard gives us two new races. So the <60 content is going to be the Blood Elf and <Uknown alliance race> areas and quests. Most likely that is from 1-10 or 20 and then you move on to the current areas where you leveled your old character to 60. Most of the other content will be for the 60+ players. When they have all announced I guess it will be something like 4 new areas (Outland, Blood elf land + 1 or 2 others), 5+ new instances, 2+ battlegrounds. But I won't get the hopes up that they will change the game much, it's a formula that gives them money from 4 million people each month so why change it? So it will basicly be the same like the game, atleast I love. I don't really want anything special, I think the expansion will be what I want. The only thing I complain about is the lvl cap rise. 57-60 took so long that I can't stand the thought of leveling again (That is why I can't start a mmo with leveling from the beginning anymore). The new instances, that they have announced, sound awesome. Medievs tower and caver of times. The tower will have a Oprah house, where the boss changes every time the carpet goes down, and a library that doesn't obey the physical laws ::::18:: Caverns of time will give you the option to time travel. I think it will work like a hub to travel to different parts of the Warcraft storyline. So far is Thrall's rescue announced, opening the portal with Mediev, a battleground from Warcraft II, and you get to replay the whole ending battle of Warcraft III in 3rd person ::::03:: (Wich is going to be midblowingly awesome!). Just these things will make the expansion awesome.

Regarding the flying nether dragon mount. Blizzard has said it's going to be a long and hard quest chain at lvl 70 to get it. They will add equipment for lvl 70 players, new spells and everything. It will be like 50-60 again just on a better scale. The new spells are more powerful as is the equipment. Blizzard has said that they want PvP back outside battlegrounds too, so I expect something with that in or before the expansion.

They also told alot about the stuff before the expansion. 1.9 has 2 new instances. Weather effects are added before expansion, according to Blizzard they are going to be better than anything you have ever seen before! ::::02:: ("rain, snow, and sandstorms like nothing you've ever seen."). And I read somewhere on a Magazine scan that they might try to add housing before the expansion. I think World of Warcraft has a bright feature.

• Edward78Edward78 Member Posts: 245

No real PvP, nothing interesting about this game. Play SB you can have a real war, & when you kill a player you get to loot his grave.

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Originally posted by Edward78
    No real PvP, nothing interesting about this game. Play SB you can have a real war, & when you kill a player you get to loot his grave.

You can do the same in real life, and there's a hell of a lot more risk involved. So I expect you holier than thou pvpers to be making the jump shortly, yeah?

• DhaemanDhaeman Member Posts: 531

Originally posted by Finduilas

So the And PvP? Well they have the chance to make some REAL town raids, objectives to capture, hold, gain back. Not in sterilised BGs, but out in the world where ANYONE and join in, for half an hour or five. A couple of castles to capture, siege, NPCs inside them, that sell you unique items, some FFA PvP areas, warzones, hmm, the list goes on.

That's what I need to make the expansion interesting enough for me to want to purchase. More levels, more raid dungeons, another BG = more of the same. The lack of a meaningful way to change the shape of the land is why I quit WoW and won't be coming back until (if) they change the scope of the game...

• FinduilasFinduilas Member Posts: 377
    This thread proves a point. Had I posted to flame WoW, or even to love-up to it I would have gotten loads of replies. But try for reasonable discussion.....

Originally posted by Coldmeat

You can do the same in real life, and there's a hell of a lot more risk involved. So I expect you holier than thou pvpers to be making the jump shortly, yeah?

Your point is, what??

• blakheart666blakheart666 Member Posts: 47

More new daggers,  for christ sake with a good drop rate and Good Daggers that drop from non-raid monsters.

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

I would like more options and more diversity.

More items. Increase the item base by atleast 50%. Increase the number of BoE items, I'm sick of seeing the same rare/epic items in the AH. Increase the recipes as well.

More options in PvP. Something they should have is that they should allow Alliance and Horde to have a duel option where you can duel in an arena without any interference and the best part is that you can set options like.

1. Winner gets X amount of gold, 2. Winner gets to loot a certain armor piece, be it legs, feet, hands whatever. 3. Winner loots whole body. 4. Loser dies permanently.

These options don't take away from the game whatsoever, they only enhance it. Also, when a player of high status defeats another one, it should be announced to the whole server. Also, for those players who reach the highest PvP status, WoW should designate an area where a statue would be built for them. This is another option that would get people more into the game to reach immortality on there own server. Surprising, blizzard hasn't done this as I think it'll bring in more subscribers.

I would love to duel some of the more annoying alliance i've seen in a duel setting without interference of other players or monsters. I've lost so many duels by running into monsters, as a hunter, if i get slowed down = game over.

A hardcore setting where you die once and your character is finished, or you die without a resurrection your character is finished. I believe the game can be done to lvl 60 without dying once. It is not that difficult. It is difficult, but it can be done if you are smart about it, and yes pussyfooting must be done.

I'm lvl 5 right now on my paladin so i'll keep you updated on how that goes. My warrior on the PvP server I played on died at lvl 6 for the first time, I wasn't trying not to die as feverishly as I will be on my paladin though.

Cryomatrix

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Your point is, what??

My point is that it's a video game. Killing people, regardless of whether you can loot them, or no, in said video game is not anything to be puffing your chest up about.

As a side note, why are you even posting in the WoW forums if you dislike the game so much? Shouldn't you be playing Shadowbane? Oh, wait, you probably can't as the server just crashed, and wiped you hard drive or something. Bummer. Well, have fun with that trainwreck of a game.

Anyway, the only things I could really ask for in this expansion are A) mandatory IQ testing. Particularly for the Alliance. Jumping Jesus Christ on a pogostick, there are some seriously idiotic individuals playing Alliance.

And B) Some form of /anon setting so every time I came near SW, or IF, I'm not lagged off the server by 100 tells a second every low level schlep wanting me to run him/her through Stockades, Gnomer, Deadmines, etc.

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

I would love to see a few areas of dynamic control on PvP servers. The zones could be small at first, with larger zone coming as kinks and imbalances are worked out. This is after all World of Warcraft. ^_^

I'd like to see some form of Epic solo quest for each classs. This is true to some extent now, but you still have to enter Molten Core ad in the Hunter Epic Quest.

In some future expansion, I'd love to see the Burning Legion races opened.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• LovanLovan Member Posts: 13

I've quitted WoW 2 months ago due to the following problems (who are of course those that should get fixed in an update):

- bugs (this game has quite alot of annoying bugs that get on my nerves regularly, like mining/skiing bug, etc.)
    - bad PvP (already discussed in detail in several threads. I prefer full or no PvP, not this "arranged" PvP in WoW)
    - static world (no houses, no useful crafting, nothing that influences the world. Each player is just a nobody, no matter what he is doing)
    - level limit (I do not like level and skill limits at all. Level 70 is just a cosmetic change.)
    - to easy (literally no losses on deaths, also afflicts PvP. I prefer game with thrill.)

WoW was fun for half a year and became borin because of the reasons above and several other issues. I'll have a look at it in the future probably, but I doubt that it will attract me that much that I feel like playing WoW for longer.

• Wolfpack75Wolfpack75 Member UncommonPosts: 43

More quest diversity - Shake it up a little so a character from race X doesn't do the exact same quests everyone of that race does

More character customization - I am tired of meeting new twins every time I log in

More Professions - add in some more professions and secondary skills

More and better flight paths - Allow a flyer to choose any destination instead of a few specific locations.

A more user friendly UI

basically more options....The game is very limited.

=Dan

Originally posted by Coldmeat
    Your point is, what??

My point is that it's a video game. Killing people, regardless of whether you can loot them, or no, in said video game is not anything to be puffing your chest up about.

As a side note, why are you even posting in the WoW forums if you dislike the game so much? Shouldn't you be playing Shadowbane? Oh, wait, you probably can't as the server just crashed, and wiped you hard drive or something. Bummer. Well, have fun with that trainwreck of a game.

Anyway, the only things I could really ask for in this expansion are A) mandatory IQ testing. Particularly for the Alliance. Jumping Jesus Christ on a pogostick, there are some seriously idiotic individuals playing Alliance.

And B) Some form of /anon setting so every time I came near SW, or IF, I'm not lagged off the server by 100 tells a second every low level schlep wanting me to run him/her through Stockades, Gnomer, Deadmines, etc.

How is the weather where the carebears live? Ya SB is old, but it isn't just another Carebear MMORPG.

• WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

Simply put...

Remove the new level cap at 70, and it's associated talents additions, and put them in a free patch.

The rest I'll be happy to pay for.

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• jeep21243jeep21243 Member Posts: 178

Originally posted by Lovan
    I've quitted WoW 2 months ago due to the following problems (who are of course those that should get fixed in an update):- bugs (this game has quite alot of annoying bugs that get on my nerves regularly, like mining/skiing bug, etc.)
    - bad PvP (already discussed in detail in several threads. I prefer full or no PvP, not this "arranged" PvP in WoW)
    - static world (no houses, no useful crafting, nothing that influences the world. Each player is just a nobody, no matter what he is doing)
    - level limit (I do not like level and skill limits at all. Level 70 is just a cosmetic change.)
    - to easy (literally no losses on deaths, also afflicts PvP. I prefer game with thrill.)
    ,..WoW was fun for half a year and became borin because of the reasons above and several other issues. I'll have a look at it in the future probably, but I doubt that it will attract me that much that I feel like playing WoW for longer.

ive ben playing wow for about a year now, and i have to say that i agree that wow has bad pvp, everyone is a nobody, there are no houses and there are a lot of annoying bugs most of which allow horrid exploitation of the environment.

now, for the expansion, i will be cancelling my account. mostly because of the 50 raid raid instances which im sure will be the primary device for getting lv. 70 equipment, furthermore, the combined raid (100 man, 50 horde/50 alliance) i think completely violates the most sacred part of the game, the division of sides. furthermore, i am a casual player, and raising the level cap just ensures that more reliance on 40/50 man raids which i wont be a party to, and the extra 2 months of leveling again.

also, the expansion isnt adding anything all that great to the game but more end game content which they have been adding since the second month. weather effects, shadow effects, larger spell trees, maybe a summoner class (no, not warlock who are ass). this game has so much potential if the damn designers would just stop worrying about catering to the level 60's all the damn time. no one is forcing you to play 40 hours a week, dont make the designers structure the game as if everyone else does.

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060

Originally posted by blakheart666

More new daggers,  for christ sake with a good drop rate and Good Daggers that drop from non-raid monsters.

I hear that.

1% drop on felstriker?

Puh-leeease.

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060

Originally posted by Lovan

I've quitted WoW 2 months ago due to the following problems (who are of course those that should get fixed in an update):
    - bugs (this game has quite alot of annoying bugs that get on my nerves regularly, like mining/skiing bug, etc.)
    Err, what mining bug? Miner/engi here, never seen one.

I bet your one of the guys who complained that pvp had no point and then when they give you BG's and the Honor system you bitch even MORE.
    If you want world PvP do what I do:
    Take the initiative and go find some.

Hand of Ragnaros is a crafted item. So is a Heartseeker and a number of other epic items. I.E cloak of warding robe of the arch mage.

Your right mabey we should have 100 LEVELS!!! Then the talents and balance could be shot to shit.

You lose durability in pvp, not from death but from just attacking some one.
    I also enjoy the fact that just because some one who
    A) Has full epics
    B) Is 20 levels higher than I am
    Cannot loot my body , steal all my money piss on my mutilated corpse and run off laughing.
    WoW was fun for half a year and became borin because of the reasons above and several other issues. I'll have a look at it in the future probably, but I doubt that it will attract me that much that I feel like playing WoW for longer.

• malo7000malo7000 Member Posts: 126

This expansion pack seems like nothing more than a hyped up patch. There are no real changes to the game. The highlight of this Expansion is the new level cap. The bloodelves are a joke, its just a human colored night elf with... GREEEN EYES!!! OMG. Look at them everything between a nightelf and a blood elf is identical except for the skin color. The burning crusade is back, hey that great, but wait a minute 1 of the new races is a horde so the second will be an alliance, man the burning crusade is going to do alot of damage in those instances ::::12::. New continent on another planet, wow they still havent finished the first one they allready making other planets. All the updates of this expansion pack seem like nothing more than same old stuff. Give us something new at least a new class.

• WOWLagsWOWLags Member Posts: 115
    I agree Malo.
  • Oph8Oph8 Member Posts: 177

Malo I have to agree with you about the class part. I really don't care about getting new skills, new epics or mounts. I'm so tired of my 60 rouge, 60 warrior and 44 shaman right now I don't know what to do except pvp in BG ay or do MC or Zul Gurrub on wednesdays. Don't get me wrong, I do like some of the new content and raid content but I hope they add new classes, at least something alot more interesting than the ones they have in the game now.

"Everything is mine and your woman too"