Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online now trying to get greenlit.

13»

Comments

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

i think it would be good for it to go on steam will i return the free to play is a joke now if they had given your skills to say 75  then you could have a decent  time but god you need skills so much in that game the comunity was terrible when i played  the learning curv e is hardcore the game is hardcore its more a test to see how long you can keep your gear before some  people take it from you  there was more guard killing than anything and i cant even start on the house situation ug to much grind this is a very grinding mmo grinding for skills and mats

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    Vote now folks, whether you think the game is bollocks or if you like it.  Best to get the truth heard.  Heads up!  They are deleting any negative comments on the greenlight page.

Even with the heavy handed pro-MO moderating on the Greenlight forum it'll never make it.  DFUW made it in 2 days without AV doing anything, SV has had people monitoring and deleting negative feedback on Greenlight for almost 3 weeks. 

It's funny.  I caught one of them posting 3 times under the same name this morning but slightly changing their response as though coming from 3 different people agreeing with each other.  He obviously forgot to relog to his "alt" friends.   My post calling them out was deleted (though it didn't break a single one of Paratus's posted rules), and two of those posts were erased.  No viral marketing campaign... lol

And people wonder why 1st time posters with glowing reviews are suspect...

(and yes for the record, so are first time posters with negatives... have the balls to put your name to it and not hide behind fake accounts)

If they only put that much effort into the game.

• CheboyganCheboygan Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by picommander
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

Not that i would ever touch this game again, even if it was free.  hell i dont think id even bother with the game if it was free and fixed.  Cant stand the restrictive skill system and i HATE rolling alts.

"restricted skill system"? Guess you can't mean the impossibility to max out every singel skill. This would kill any diversity and all chars would be same in the end. So what do you actually mean here, have an example perhaps to enlighten a new player to MO?

of course "he" doesn't mean max out every skill

in MO you can be/do exactly one thing if you want to be good at it

so, back when i use to play if you wanted to be a pretty decent crafter this meant you could barely swing a sword, swim or barely even run - basically dead meat if you left town

that is why EVERYONE that defends this system has 2 alts - you actually need all three alts to make a halfway decent character although "they" won't admit it - but just you try to suggest removing the ability to use alts in the game - holy freakin' hanna would you get a forum storm - until the OP is deleted of course 

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    believe you can now have 4 char slots on 1 account but extra char slot costs 10.00 or soemthnig.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    I'd rather not sully the greenlight system, as it does have potential to get some great games out there. It also has the potential to be filled with crap like MO, then scrapped by steam.
  • picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Originally posted by Cheboygan
    Originally posted by picommander
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

Not that i would ever touch this game again, even if it was free.  hell i dont think id even bother with the game if it was free and fixed.  Cant stand the restrictive skill system and i HATE rolling alts.

"restricted skill system"? Guess you can't mean the impossibility to max out every singel skill. This would kill any diversity and all chars would be same in the end. So what do you actually mean here, have an example perhaps to enlighten a new player to MO?

of course "he" doesn't mean max out every skill

in MO you can be/do exactly one thing if you want to be good at it

so, back when i use to play if you wanted to be a pretty decent crafter this meant you could barely swing a sword, swim or barely even run - basically dead meat if you left town

that is why EVERYONE that defends this system has 2 alts - you actually need all three alts to make a halfway decent character although "they" won't admit it - but just you try to suggest removing the ability to use alts in the game - holy freakin' hanna would you get a forum storm - until the OP is deleted of course 

Meanwhile I'm a bit deeper into the game and understand very well what "he" ment. This hits players in the first place that use to play an independant hermit in the moon role, me included. On the other hand when I look at some recent discussions and all the whining about no "real" MMOs anymore rather than games that can be played like singleplayers, then this might be something MO does damn right and consequently. It means something when even a die-hard hermit like me suddenly starts to make friends just to survive that game. And despite all its rough edges (some MO veterans now would jump in and shout 'stop whining dude, this was *way* worse in 2010'. Most others though would call it just broken and meanwhile I even could understand them) this is a game where I finally feel "alive" again. Can't explain why it's so addictive...

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Originally posted by deathshroud
    believe you can now have 4 char slots on 1 account but extra char slot costs 10.00 or soemthnig.

It's 9$ one time fee per additional char slot. You are right, 4 in total. Strange enough, this is in dollar which is 7 Euro something for Europeans (via PAyPal) while the premium account is in Euro only (iirc same price in Dollar) and *not* via PayPal. Pretty odd...